main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Your highlight of celebration V

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Matt_Jedi, Aug 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    hothie, wow thanks for giving us the details on the props. I had no idea the drama surrounding them. I did notice the TIE was rigged to the ceiling, but thought nothing of it...little did I know the headaches involved. Great job to the Belgian Garrison and volunteers alike.

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Being around thousands of people just like me!

3. Setal_Dorset

Setal_Dorset Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 21, 2006
    Mine would have to be being in the second to last ride of the Star Tours with a full room of 501st guys. Having just got my CT number in an email the day we got to Orlando. ME and my buddy were both officially in the 501st and ridding that ride...yelling and booing at the rebels...screaming how we had friends on that Deathstar...it was AMAZING.

i was horse after that ride....i got horse on a ride that is probly as old as i am lol that was a great day we got up early sat in line singing star wars songs till we got to be in the room with Lucas then heading to the park for an awesome night....I CANT WAIT TILL NEXT YEAR!

4. jedihobo

jedihobo Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 7, 2002
    [image=http://i.imgur.com/dPOdH.png]
    This was by far the best moment of Celebration and one of the happiest of my life.

I'll also never forget walking through the main hall doors for the first time and within 30 seconds a man playing the clarinet walks behind me playing the Cantina song. Awesome.

Feeling the huge blast of cold air hitting your body after coming inside from the heat was another highlight!

5. Photo-Knight

Photo-Knight Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 9, 2007
    My highlight was two autographs, Mark Hammil and Carrie Fisher. I asked both of them to write, "Cate, will you marry Andy?" so I could propose to my girlfriend. They did, she said yes, and we'll be 10-month newlyweds at C-VI.

Mark Hammil, after signing, looked up and said, "I hope yours lasts as long as mine. I've been married 31 years." That was so cool, I hadn't known that about him.

6. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    Cool story.

Speaking of, when Maulfly and I first met up in real life (had been IMing and PMing from Nov 03 to Apr 04) at Empire Fan Fest in April 04 in New Jersey, the first piece of our joint collection was getting a group photo of us with Mark. Didn't have the funds for it at CV but if he's at C VI I'm gettinig that sucker signed.

Happily married to Maulie since Nov 04, so I think it's a safe bet she'd be fine with it :p

On Topic (can't put OT, people here will think it means Original Trilogy):

My highlight was the volunteering for Official Pix, first shift ofn the first day and last shift of the last day. It's cool to work behind the scenes, and everyone should do it at at least one convention.

7. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    Meeting other fans, definitely. Taking everything in was also awesome. One Man Star Wars is not to be missed.
    Oh, and actually buying an issue of Legacy on time.

8. Zepherous

Zepherous Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 30, 2010
    I met almost every celebrity that was there, so that is definitely a highlight. I had a chance encounter with Seth Green and met like 15 celebrities at once. But there is one instance that always stands out:

We were walking in the main hall back to the convention floor and we saw Dave Filoni standing over by a pillar. We got to talk with him for a good 10 minutes and was really pleased when he actually knew of the site we keep up for The Clone Wars series! My brother and I took a picture with him with his arms around our shoulders like we knew each other for years. The picture is the best part of Celebration V for me because every time my padawan sees the picture, it puts a huge smile on his face (he's 4). He loves Dave Filoni, and he thinks it is so cool that I have a picture with him. That makes my day, every time. I am so glad my padawan gets to go with me this time to CVI!

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    This -

As well as two memorable moments -

One - After Mark's autograph session, some little one was raising all kinds of hell - you would have thought they were evacuating Endor or something! Mark had us pull back the curtain and called out "Hey! Kid! Real Jedi don't throw TANTRUMS!"

[face_laugh]

Also, meeting up with Nik Gillard, and giving him a copy of a painting I did... :)

10. jedimomtosith

jedimomtosith Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 27, 2009
    My highlights!!!
    1) Was my 1st Celebration!
    2) Was my 1st Star Wars event as a new member of the 501st and Bounty Hunters Guild!
    3) Meeting all the people I had been talking to for months on-line (on here, RebelScum, Bounty Hunters Guild, 501st.com, etc.)
    4) Just being at CV!!
    5) Sending all my kids a pic/text of me at the "Robot Chicken" panel...they were so jealious!!!
    6) Being at the close of "Star Tours" when I was also there when it opened...
    7) Lastly, having all my SW friends text/Facebook/email me that I am on Starwars.com Day 1 video at the 00:54 second mark!!!
    Me aka Aurra Sing Bounty Hunter!!! http://starwars.com/video/view/001067.html

It's all starting again, and I'm so looking forward to it!!!!!

11. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Except for meeting all the wonderful people.

1. Wearing the cancan trooper. It was so much fun, and well worth the fact that I still have marks on my toenails from the boots. I'm usually never noticed when I go in costume or otherwise, but here I was in the centre of all the attention, and it was so much fun. I definitely understand how fun it must be to costume as Vader or Chewie.

2. Last Tour to Endor. I hadn't planned on going, but since the person I travelled with won the tickets at the FF party I got there anyway. I think just because it was unplanned and I didn't have any expectations, it turned out to be one of the best things. We went early enough to catch some of the non-SW attractions, and ended up on the Indy show with GL. (we didn't even know that there was going to be a show until we more or less stumbled into the line, that's how unprepared we were for the evening).

12. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    Highlights include:

1. Renewing my wedding vows at the commitment ceremony with Darth Maul as the officiate. In addition, our two sons were there to experience it all as well. We were all in costume to boot.

2. Watching my younger son develop a permanent smile every day at the convention.

3. Watching my older son meet, talk to, receive an autograph of Jeremy Bulloch on his Mando shoulder plate armor.

4. Last Tour to Endor - loved the Fireworks spectacular!

5. Taking pics with R2-MK at the disney collectible venue.

13. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    I completely agree with the fact everyone should spend some time with OPX. I did it for CIV and it was a great time, even if I missed one or two things I wanted to because I was working. I would have done it again for CV or this time except for the increased presence we're having meaning I don't have the time.

And if I had have heard that story previously about the photo I'm sure we could have organised something for you.

14. Admiral_Ozzel

Admiral_Ozzel Jedi Master star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I would have to say the highlights of my trip were
    1)Meeting Steve Sansweet. I got my pic taken with him at C3 but didnt have anything for him to sign an autograph with. I Never ran into him at C4 but FINALLY I saw him at C5 and had a sharpie with me! He was way cool and didnt seem to mind signing my badge for me at all!
    2) Being the very first person to get Ben Burtt's autograph! I was more excited to get his signature than any other guest that attended!
    3)Being assigned as a volunteer with OPX to sit with Julian Glover. I sat with him for a full day at both C4 and C5! He actually remembered me from C4! Really great guy to hang out with and funny!!!! So far I have his autograph 5 times already. I overheard one of the EMS workers that were called in, for the emergency in the autograph hall, complaining in line that he didnt have time to get Mr Glovers autograph, so I gave him the one OPX gave me in my thank you pack.
    4)Getting Star Wars Tats! The artist that did mine said I missed seeing George Lucas in the Tattoo area by about 15min!

15. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    Obi Anne your Can-Can Trooper costume was one of my favorite from CV! There was good reason you were the center of attention!

16. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    I was going through Starwars.com's flickr CV pics and saw your cancan trooper costume Obi Ann, it looked awesome!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.