main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Youthful Mistakes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by KnightMara, Aug 5, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Happyness!

Ohh look, I took it to the 6th page! Like anyone care, I must be too happy.

Ohh, just noticed this is the 100th post on this thread too! Sorry, I'll fade away now...

2. Vergere

Vergere Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 19, 2000
    Oh Knight MAra im soooo happy that you are all right! i hope you get to feeling normal soon!

and whenever you are better, MORE!

3. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Oh, good! So glad to hear you're feeling better. I'll be hoping very much for that post soon, though!

Poor Luke, always getting lost, thrown off, beaten up... ^_-

No problem, Princess Sari...you seem to have very good taste anyways. I always see you at the stories I read. =)

4. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    oh my Knight Mara, you sound like me, a half hour after I awoke from the anestetics, I was up and walking to the bathroom. No way they were putting the cold metal thing anywhere near me. . . It hurt but my dignity was still in tact. .. .

and now I'm running a low grade fever. . . ack!

5. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    They told me I slept longer than normal when they 'put me under.' I rember when the operation was over one of the nurses woke me and said are you ready to go or do you want to sleep some more? I simply said "sleep" and fell asleep soon after. The next thing I remember was walking through the hall.... then I was in the elevator.... then the car... then my living room... then my couch.... then my bed. I'm sure my mother had to drag me alot, I was alseep when I was standing up.

They said I was under at the operationg room for 2 hours! The operation lasted like 1. Ohh well, at least I didn't stay under for good.... thats happened some time I think.

I do remember feeling kind of weird afterwards... I don't know if was the drugs... I might have had a fever. They didn't check I don't think.

Anyway, when the pain goes away be sure to post! We need more! It's great!

6. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    hehehe, i remember when my brother got his pulled...it was so funny! he's about a foot taller than my mom and i was only about 7/8. well my mom had to get him in the car w/o my father and she could barely hold him up! he was OVER half asleep, and god knows i couldn't help, he just about stepped on me in the process. luckily, there were three nurses that followed us out soon after and help. :)

7. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Yea, I remeber a nurse in the elavator and by the car... I think.

8. KnightMara

KnightMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 1999
    Because of the tooth thing, I never got a chance to really go over this next post. So let me know if it's a little on the weak or confusing side. Okeedokie?

Staring out at the landscape to avoid Windy?s wrath, Luke noticed the danger a split second before Windy did. "Is that a--?"

"Canyon," Windy finished in alarm. Directly in front of them, a few hundred meters out, was a narrow crevice in the sand that had not been invisible from a distance. Now, however, they were headed right toward it at a steady pace, and the dewback seemed intent on bringing them right to the edge of it. Unwavering in her course, she plodded along toward the sheer drop that was coming ever closer.

"Does she see it?" Luke cried.

"She must," replied Windy. "No animal is dumb enough to walk right over the edge of a canyon."

No sooner had the words come out of his mouth than he was already questioning their validity.

Luke shared his doubt. "Windy, I think your dewback is on a suicide mission. And we?re on her back!"

Windy was frantically issuing commands to the animal, but to no avail. He couldn?t lose his first pet and his only way out of this desert, but the animal did not seem to hear or care.

"Windy, I suggest we jump before we ride her right over the edge," Luke cried.

"Luke, this is my pet!"

"Well, your pet is going to get us both killed!" He quickly started to scramble off its back as the lip of the canyon loomed right in front of them.

At that very moment, the animal seemed to snap out of her daze, and she reared back in alarm. Luke, in his scramble, was knocked off balance, and he rolled off her back to land right at the edge of the cliff. Pushing himself away from the edge, he turned in horror as the startled animal bucked, kicked, and shook with Windy still clinging to her back. Then he watched helplessly as Windy finally lost his grip and was thrown from the animal that suddenly went charging into the desert. Momentum carried Windy to the edge of the cliff and over, even as he frantically clawed at rock and sand to stop his fall.

Frozen in fear, Luke could only stare as his friend slid into the canyon and disappeared from sight. It took a second before he could find his voice. "Windy!" he cried. "Windy!"

"Help!" came the frantic reply.

Cautiously, Luke eased himself to the edge of the precipice and peered down. He spotted Windy just a few feet below him, gripping the rock wall and struggling to maintain his hold. The boy?s fingers were trembling with the effort, and his feet continued to slip from every purchase they could manage as rocks went tumbling to the canyon floor about a hundred feet below.

"Luke," his strained voice called. "Help me. I?m gonna fall."

"You?re not gonna fall," Luke countered, trying to sound calmer than he felt. Judging from Windy?s fingers, a fall was more than likely. "Just hang on."

"What do you think I?m tryin? to do?" was Windy?s rankled answer.

Luke looked around, searching for any sign of the packs they?d had with them. Nothing. "Damn beast rode off with our packs!" he yelled.

"What?"

"I?ve got nothin? up here, Windy," Luke panicked. "No rope, no survival gear, nothin?! I don?t know how I?m gonna get you back up here."

"Well, think of something, Skywalker!" Windy shouted back. "?Cause I?m startin? to slip, here!"

Every swear that his Uncle had ever told him not so say poured out of Luke?s mouth in the next few minutes as he searched for some way to rescue his friend. Stripping off his tunic, he?d dangled it over the edge to use in the place of rope, but it was far too short. Pulling off his pants would take too long due to his boots, so that was out of the question. Grimacing, he realized there was only one way out of this. Down.

"Windy," he called tentatively, knowing that the other boy was not going to be pleased with Luke?s assessment of the situation, "there?s no way to pull you back up."

"So what the hell am I supposed to do?"

"How good are you at rock climbing

9. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    ::gasps:: WELL. Talk about your cliffhangers. Literally. =O

That was amazing! Please add more to this story, we have to see what's going to happen. Anyway, you can't just leave the poor guys at the bottom of a cliff like that...!!

10. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    yeah, how the heck are they to get out?! and talk about adventures and mistakes! no wonder Obi-Wan looked so old in ANH, he was running off to save the choosen one's son all the time! :)

and that part wasn't the least bit confusing to me! more!

11. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Yah! Obi-Wan to the rescue!!! I hope (as bad as this sounds) that Luke is knocked unconcious(sp?) and Obi-Wan comesand takes care of him, then dissapears when he wakes up. Am I close? HURRY and post so I can find out!!!

12. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    That wasn't confusing but I did see something 'missing'. I keep asking myself how deep the canyon was when I read it. I don't think you mentioned it. i didn't go back and look after I read.... maybe I should have, if you did sorry.

If you didn't, you should have. It would help me imagin it better in my mind's eye. Besides that it was fine.

13. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    It's in there. About a hundred feet deep. Luke notices when Windy is first clinging to the edge.

Glad you all liked it. Don't ya' just love cliffhangers (literally)?

14. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    That's another fine mess you've gotten me into Stan...er...Luke.

More story now.

15. Vergere

Jul 19, 2000
    oh hey wedge, JWK told me to tell ya to go to his fanfic, its about the different possibilities of the NJO and all...we talked about it in another thread i think. here's the link(hey! that rhymed):

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=698876

and that is a good point...was the canyon really long, and was the ground they hit open or enclosed?

16. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Yea, I know, I saw his story.... didn't reply. I will now.

I see the distance thing now. I was too excited about what was happening to catach it, sorry.

Ohh and look more my first story this weekend. I've been inspired by all the great writter here to write my own. Its on the NJO so check it out....soon.

17. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Sorry about the lack of clarity. Like I said, I didn't give this one the thorough go over like I usually do.

About the canyon, there is one part where Luke sees rocks tumbling to the canyon floor below Windy, and it's about a hundred feet below him. About the length and width. . .well, you'll just have to wait for the next installment. mmmwuuhahahahahah!

Awesome, Wedge. Keep me posted on your story. Don't let me miss it.

18. Wedge 88

Jul 16, 1999
    Sure thing, I hope to get it up after I add a post to the IMF thread I am apart of.

I feel weird advertising in a thread though.

19. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Eh, people do it all the time! Feel free. Me thread, su thread! Ja no, mang?

20. Princess Sari

Princess Sari Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2000
    HUH? <-- That's 'bout the Spanish, not the story.

GRR! Cliffhanger! ARG! ::laughs:: But I loved it anyway! Though, I'm thinking Luke should probably not be putting himself in positions where he could hit his head really hard... ::grin::

Sari

21. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    UP!!!!!!!!!

22. KnightMara

Apr 13, 1999
    Thanks, Tenel'ka. I'm still working on this next part. Hopefully it will be up sometime today.

23. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Nov 8, 1999
    Mi casa su casa!! ::rotfl:: When we went to Spain, that was about all the Spanish my friend and I knew. Imagine us running down the streets of Barcelona, yelling "Mi casa su casa!" to random people...they'd think we were all nutters. =)

I can't wait to hear more from you, KnightMara! Poor Luke...the kid's life is cursed...

24. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Well, I don't usually read Luke stories, preferring to concentrate on young Obi-Wan, but this is fascinating! I am definitely looking forward to more!

25. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    Same here Jane Jinn! But this story is REALLY good!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.