main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series TCW The Complete Season Four DVD/Blu-ray Thread

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Orrelios, Oct 16, 2012.

1. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Watched the DVD/Blu-Ray trailer again and the extended "Savage Diner" scene removed from "Brothers" appears to be in the Jedi Temple Archives. This most likely means we aren't getting director's cut episodes. The cut scenes will just be in the Archives like in Seasons 2-3.

2. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Have to disagree. She did not get credit for the entire operation, and it's perfectly logical for a group full of teachers and Jedi Masters to spend more time praising the actual student who played a vital role in a mission than patting each other on the back for a job well done. That would be dumb IMO.

07jonesj and cwustudent like this.
  3. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    It was just too rushed for me personally and a tad bit overdone. But as I've said earlier, overall enjoyable episode.

4. KeltheDor

KeltheDor Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 21, 2011
    "Carange of Krell" and "Escape from Kadavo" appear to be getting director's cuts, while the rest simply act as deleted scenes.

5. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Huh. That's oddly inconsistent. It's welcome all the same though. I'll take two director's cuts over none.

6. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Seriously, much better than just that archive thing with a bunch of unfinished scene of what might have been, like the alternate deaths for Osu Sobeck in the Citadel Arc.

7. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    Yep. If it's in the Archives you watch it once, maybe a couple more if it's an especially cool scene, but otherwise you never see it again. If it's put back in the actual episode, you get to see it every time you rewatch that episode.

Another thing I'd wish the DVD/Blu-Rays did was allow you to watch the arcs with no gaps, putting all the credits at the end; so you could watch, say Umbara as an 88-minute film. Maybe for the complete Clone Wars box set later down the line?

I can dream.

8. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    Amazon price matched Best Buy, set is now $34.99 to pre-order! :D

Seerow likes this.
  9. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Anyone have a link to the original official statement about extended episodes being in the set?

10. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    The back of the box doesn't mention extended episodes, and the total running time is 493 minutes

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A1a3VXAhKXL._AA1500_.jpg

By comparison, season 3 was 487 minutes and season 2 was 494 minutes and season 1 was 502 minutes.

So it IS 6 minutes longer than season 3, which by memory did not have extended episodes. Were any of season 2's episodes extended? Of course, season 1 had extended cuts.

11. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    It was the governor, not the Jedi, who essentially praised Ahsoka as the "savior." While I agree with your statement as to Jedi not patting themselves on the back, I don't think anyone has suggested that that was what should have happened.

12. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    Season One-502 Minutes
    Season Two-494 Minutes
    Season Three-484 Minutes
    Season Four-506 Minutes

There should be a few director's cuts in there.

13. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Pre-ordered mine with Amazon Prime.

[​IMG]

I'm certainly going to find out if the extended episodes are there or not.

14. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    It made sense to me that the governor would praise Ahsoka as their savior. She was the one helping the colonists to safety. While the others certainly had an equally significant, if not more significant role, she was the one the colonists saw helping them. I will admit I was half expecting the governor tell Ahsoka he was her father.

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  15. DarthMarino

DarthMarino Jedi Master star 2

Jul 18, 2002
    ARC Troopers was technically extended in Season 3 with the shot of Assaj kissing the trooper as she impaled him. There was no mention of it being a Director's Cut in the press release or packaging, but it was. I don't recall any added scenes in Season 2. Most of the Directors Cut's in Season One came as a result of them shortening the time slot after they were well into production.

16. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    My S4 blu-ray shipped!

Delivery Estimate: Tuesday October 23, 2012
    Shipped

Track Package
    Tracking Information:
    Ship Carrier: UPS
    Tracking ID: *********
    Latest Event: Chattanooga TN
    Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit to carrier - October 20, 2012 10:19:54 AM
    Text Trace:
    Turned on for this package. Turn Off?
    Send to ********** (Edit Settings)

17. hlc88

hlc88 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Mine's shipped too. Though I find it odd how the UK gets it first, a day before you guys. Well, hopefully Monday night I might be able to catch up on the episodes I have to see... mainly episodes 1-10 of Season 4 :p Though I get the impression episodes 1-6 are less then desirable...

AkashKedavra_93 likes this.
  18. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    Be sure to log back on and confirm for us others if the extended episodes really are extended :)

Seerow likes this.
  19. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I plan to do a geeky unboxing thing like I did last year for s3.

20. 07jonesj

Aug 16, 2010
    I would watch a geeky unboxing thing. :)

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Saw a S4 blu-ray commercial during Samurai 7 on Toonami.

22. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Do not post about piracy. Thanks!

23. Darth_Harmon

Jul 4, 2005
    Where are you getting those season 3 and 4 run times from? Back of the season 3 box states "487 minutes" and the season 4 image on Amazon shows "493 minutes". http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/A1a3VXAhKXL._AA1500_.jpg

24. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I just got mine on preorder. :D

25. CloneWarsRescored

CloneWarsRescored Jedi Padawan star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Just watched Escape From Kadavo! Its not extended at all! It was awesome though to watch it in HD and in OAR! :D