main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit The Official Scoundrels Discussion Thread (Spoilers Allowed)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Rogue_Follower, Dec 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kyris Cavisek

Kyris Cavisek Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 12, 2012
    So who is going to ask Zahn a question today on facebook?

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I might. Is a book on Winter as her days as Targeter in the works?

3. Heat

Heat Jedi Master star 1

Apr 5, 2006
    A Winter book would be great. I wonder if anyone will ask hard questions like at your age, how many books do you have left in you or will Ep7 make you retire?

Team Padme likes this.
  4. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I mentioned Kell and Winter in mine.
    But he is being bombarded by questions that are mostly the same like, What made you decide to do a heist novel? So there is little chance that he will comment since he was like, this isn't an interview it is a fanboy ambush.

RGGHH!!!

5. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
    It does not make me feel better to see Zahn question if Disney will "bulldoze" the EU. :_|

Roberto Calrissian likes this.
  6. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    Timothy Zahn: If there are to be more books, and if LFL/Del Rey/Disney decide to let me write some of them, I have a trilogy project to pitch where the third book would also be the third book of the Hand of Judgment series (Allegiance and Choices of One). Again, I don't know if that will happen.

Timothy Zahn: A Fel or Chiss novel would be fun. As a matter of fact, the trilogy I mentioned above (which I'll pitch if I'm invited to do another book) would have one book heavily involving Thrawn and the Chiss. (The middle book, btw, would feature Mara being sent to stop an assassination...against Vader. Imagine the fun they would *both* have with *that* assignment.) The proposed series title is The Maestro Trilogy, if anyone wants to star nagging Del Rey. (No, seriously, *don't* nag. Just ask politely...)

pronker likes this.
  7. daltysmilth

daltysmilth Jedi Knight

Oct 11, 2007
    Okay, I haven't seen any other references to, comments about, or explanations for this anywhere online, and I can't be the only person who sees this. On the cover, has anyone else noticed that Zerba looks exactly like Norm MacDonald? Seriously, look at the back cover of the book, put it up next to a picture of Norm MacDonald. Is it just a coincidence? Was Timothy Zahn trying to Zerba as a Norm MacDonald character? Is whoever created the cover art friends with Norm MacDonald, and Norm dropped by the studio one day and the artist said "Hey Norm, I'm doing the cover for a Star Wars book. How'd you like to be on it?"

8. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Some of the answers on this are not encouraging

Oh god not more Hand of Judgment how boring They were so generic that I swear Zahn stuck in different names and forgot some of them.

A Fel or a Chiss novel, in other words his own universe that has no relation to the Starwars universe but with a Stawars label on it!

The Vader/Mara one if you leave aside why Vader would need help, has the germ of a good idea and sounds the most interesting

9. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012
    I think it sounds like a good concept for a trilogy...wonder if it will go anywhere.

10. instantdeath

instantdeath Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 22, 2010
    I finally got around to finishing. Loved the twist at the end. It makes you want to do what every good twist does: make you go back and read it again.

11. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I enjoyed Winter in Outcast. Starting with NJO she doesn't seem to appear in the EU much at all anymore.

12. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    I agree about Winter, she is an interesting character and was the best thing in Scoundrels for me. I think if Zahn was to write more about her, rather than the Chiss, that would be a good thing in JMO.

Mirax Terrik and kataja like this.
  13. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    When we brought up Winter in the Facebook Interview, he didn't seem interested in her all that much.

14. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Is there a transcript of the interview at all ?

15. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    The high points are here on theforce, if you want the whole thing you could go to the Star Wars books facebook page.
    Someone brought up Winter and her time as the "Targeter". It had no response.

16. krtmd

krtmd Jedi Master star 4

Sep 5, 2012
  17. fett 4

fett 4 Chosen One star 5

Jan 2, 2000
    Thank you :)

krtmd likes this.
  18. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    At least he said he'd be interested in another Mara novel. As long as he keeps on writing he'll probably make much more books with her.

19. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    True, I wish we would have gotten Zahn's Skywalker Family Adventure before LotF kicked into gear.

lukemaraben likes this.
  20. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    It's never to late for that!

kataja likes this.
  21. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I think there is a bit of bitterness to that time period for killing off his Mara...

22. Allana_Rey

Sep 2, 2012
    He's stated his displeasure with her death. Ugh, I really wish she was alive!

Poli-Sci Jedi likes this.
  23. Kyris Cavisek

Nov 12, 2012
    I honestly believe most of the EU Skywalker/Solos have been killed off in preparation of Episode 7. Having Mara in the film would require alot more explanation of how they met and everything rather than Luke having a son, then being like Yeah the mom's dead... She will get a passing mention, but you won't be like, "Wait what?"

kataja likes this.
  24. Poli-Sci Jedi

Poli-Sci Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2013
    Here's my review of Scoundrels: http://poliscijedi.blogspot.com/2013/01/review-of-scoundels.html. I liked the use of Black Sun - it felt much more sinister than anything we'd seen before, including Shadows of the Empire.

On the Facebook chat, I tried asking Zahn about the significance of Jabba's operation on Bespin, but I didn't get an answer.

25. Roberto Calrissian

Roberto Calrissian Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 26, 2012
    Ocean's 11 is in my top 3 favourite movies of all time. So with that being said I knew I would love Scoundrels. If the star wars universe was real I wouldn't want to be a Jedi, or join the empire I would be a smuggler. Can Timothy Zahn screen write episode VII ? One can dream right?

Reaper63 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.