main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Who's the Baddie? POLL ver. 2.0

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Circular Logic, Mar 28, 2014.

?

Who will be the new ST villain?

1. Darth Sidious/Palpatine

4.7%
  2. Darth Plagueis

40.7%
  3. Imperial commander/leader

1.2%
  4. Fallen Jedi

11.6%
  5. Sith Apprentice (name the Master)

3.5%
  6. New Sith

16.3%
  7. Former Inquisitor/Dark side adept

9.3%
  8. New dark sider (not Sith, non-Imperial)

5.8%
  9. Gray Force-sensitive(s)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Other

7.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Mod-Approved!

We've decided it's time to make a second poll to gauge the forum's speculation on who you think the main villain of the ST will be. Here are the choices (I only was able to include ten in the poll, so please state "Other" if your choice isn't present):
    • Darth Sidious/Palpatine
    • Darth Plagueis
    • Imperial commander/leader
    • Fallen Jedi
    • Sith apprentice (name the Master)
    • New Sith
    • Former Inquisitor/Dark side adept
    • New dark sider (not Sith, non-Imperial)
    • Gray Force-sensitive(s)
    • Ancient Sith
    • Nightsisters
    • Criminal organization/bounty hunters
    • Mandalorians
    • Alien Invaders
    • Other (please state)
    Most of the options are self-explanatory, but I'd like to elaborate on a few of the choices. If you choice Sith apprentice, please be sure to name the Master; chances are, it will be either Plagueis, Sidious, or Vader's secret apprentice. Inquisitors or other dark side adepts are servants of the Empire trained in the ways of the dark side by either the Emperor or Vader during the Imperial era. A new dark sider isn't necessarily a fallen Jedi, but they are not Sith or Imperial inquisitors either. For ancient Sith, you can elaborate be giving a name if you wish, i.e. Darth Bane, perhaps present as a Sith specter. If you choose criminal organization or bounty hunters, you can state a specific organization or character(s) if you so wish. Alien invaders may exist in the Unknown Regions or Wild Space, or can even be extragalactic like the Yuuzhan Vong. If you state "Other", please specify your choice and it would be nice if you could explain why as well.

Have fun! :)

Edit #1: Sorry, Dra--, forgot to cut out "gray Force-sensitive(s)" as an option, but oh well. It can still be a possibility, so I think it's fine to keep it. I also asked a mod to change the poll option "Ancient Sith to new Sith", since I figure that would be more popular. Please wait to vote after that option is change!

Edit #2: Took Darth_Pevra's feedback into account, and edited accordingly. Mods, please note!

StoneRiver, Immortiss and Dra--- like this.
  2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    "Inquisitor/dark side adept" sounds a bit weird cause they are not gonna be a learner in the ST no more. "Former inquisitor/adept" would be more fitting.

3. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I chose "Inquisitor/Dark side adept" but I'm reading that as they will essentially have become their own Sith Master by the time of the ST. So, not an apprentice really, but a new Sith -- a neo Sith -- who learned the ways of the darkside from Inquisitors or adepts and maybe was once one themselves. Maybe they drop the Banite Rule of Two also as a way of distinguishing themselves from Palpatine's Sith.

EDIT: I voted too quickly. I would have voted for New Sith. But my current vote still reflects how this new Sith comes about. So, good enough. [face_devil]

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  4. Visivious Drakarn

Visivious Drakarn Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2013
    Although I'd like to see a new dark sider, that would require some explanations. That's why I chose my favorite, fallen Jedi option. Very simple solution, does not interfere with previous movies, very short explanation needed, very great trouble for Luke, a serious threat for the new (Jedi) heroes with a potential to explore Luke's Jedi Order in depth and his struggles concerning his fallen apprentice, the main villain.

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I voted for Palpatine. He's not necessarily my first choice but he's who I believe will be the main villain. My reason is he's the main villain of the saga so I don't see him going anywhere anytime soon. I think at first his role will be similar to Obi-Wan's in ESB and ROTJ. He'll be a ghost who is guiding the next generation of villain but eventually his role will expand as he regains a physical form.

Dra--- likes this.
  6. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I kind of wish this was a multiple choice poll then I could have voted Plagueis/New Sith. I think the enemy will be a new Sith who has come across a hidden cache of Sith teachings/tools that Plagueis hid away and Palpatine never found. This would make the villain a neo-Sith since they wouldn't have an actual/proper master but would be learning from Plagueis in a way.

I know it seems sort of cotrived, but it makes more sense to me that Palpatine would miss one of Plagueis' hidden caches then the post-ROTJ mob that will rampage through the Imperial Palace on Coruscant will necessarily miss one of Palpatine's.

7. Mystery Roach

Mystery Roach Chosen One star 4

Mar 10, 2004
    I wish there were multiple choices because I think there will be multiple villains. I'd say Palpatine, a new apprentice, and possibly a bounty hunter or some kind of semi-Sith in the vein of Ventress.

StoneRiver and Dra--- like this.
  8. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I think a "New Sith" choice will be coming, to replace the Ancient Sith choice.

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Definitely agree with the sentiment that there will be more than one villain. I can certainly see some kind of Imperial Commander or political figure to counteract the Big Three and be their main opposition. As for the new cast and the overarching threat, I think that will be reserved for a new Sith/Dark Side character of some sort. I think it will be a brand new character and not someone seen or mentioned on screen before. Although, they may have some connections to some of the major players of the past (Palpatine, Vader, Plagueis). Maybe through holocrons or something like that? I'm hesitant to say all-out apprentice, though. The whole secret apprentice thing seems a bit contrived to me.

Hitchhiking-Ghost and Dra--- like this.
  10. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I should have waited to vote because I think "New Sith" is what we'll get. I chose "Fallen Jedi" but I could just as easily have chosen "sith apprentice" or " Inquisitor/Dark side adept" as I think we'll be getting a new sith through one of those avenues.

HanSolo29 and Dra--- like this.
  11. David Lefaivre

David Lefaivre Jedi Youngling

Mar 28, 2014
    I voted other, because for me, it's sure that the main baddie would be Mace Windu coming back from the dead and who's pissed off after Luke because he messes up the jedi order

Dra--- likes this.
  12. purplerain

purplerain Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 14, 2013
    Sidious's secret apprentice. Connects to the existing six movies without resurrecting anybody.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I made both of those changes to the poll options.
    • New Sith
    • Former Inquisitor/Dark side adept

Circular Logic and Dra--- like this.
  14. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Darth Plagueis.
    Hope its not a Fallen Jedi. I mean it could be but with Anakin and Dooku, been there, done that. Training new Jedi isn't foolproof. Hope its a Jedi from the OJO if it is a Fallen Jedi. A'Sharad Hett/Darth Krayt for example.

No secret apprentice. Feels cheap.

If we got a Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse but Sith-ified I won't complain.

Dra--- and Jobertus like this.
  15. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    Im still all in on Plagueis, but in all likelyhood we will get someone in Ep VII that will act as a henchmen or apprentice first.

StoneRiver, Dra---, Immortiss and 5 others like this.
  16. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Hope we get a cool Military type leader somewhere in the ST.

purplerain likes this.
  17. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    New Dark Sider - I'm really bought into the speculation that Anakin's prophecy brought balance to the Force in terms of Jedi/Sith, but that that prophecy didn't end the Force as a thing so there's still room for Dark Side use.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Grey, possible fallen Jedi
    Prickly politician
    Not necessarily a new Sith, but a being(s) trying to revive the Sith
    A being claiming to be Palpatine's niece or nephew

But in the end I want Plagueis to be the ultimate baddie. Behind all the above. Orchestrating his minions, kinda like Sidious did in PT.

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Palpatine as a spirit or a voice will be doing something.

stormcloud8 likes this.
  20. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    IMM it works best if this Driver guy is the fallen Jedi who has become apprenticed to the bigger badder bad guy (ala Darth Vader and Darth Sidious), in this case to Darth Plagueis, but TPTB probably have something different in mind. I just don't see how Driver is the true big bad guy in the ST, the character he will be is formidable no doubt, but the leader of all of the bad guys? Not yet. It's one reason why the idea of Darth Plagueis being the main baddie is so appealing to me. Another being that it is a great way to tie the three trilogies together, even if Plagueis was only mentioned in one scene in the PT. I see the Sith as the only true nemesis to the Jedi, a foe that is an actual dangerous threat to the Jedi. Not that a "dark Jedi" isn't dangerous, they just aren't as much of a threat to the/a Jedi as a Sith is. The idea of a secret apprentice to Darth Sidious is acceptable, but I'd have to see how that is done before I fully embraced the idea. I don't see it being Darth Sidious himself, that strikes me as copout, but again we shall see.

Dra--- and mes520 like this.
  21. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    I voted new sith and I can understand some wanting to keep OT, PT tied in with the next trilogy. I just think if they tie VII with PT,OT it will be a all new villian with ties to Palpatine or Pleagues maybe.

Dra--- likes this.
  22. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yeah, you guessed it.

Plagueis = New Sith

Lucas had a singular mystical Palpatine as a slow reveal throughout the OT. Then he divided the character into two halves: Palpatine/Sidious as would be required to allow him a greater presence throughout the PT story. That was an interesting idea...to mirror the deceptions of Padme and her handmaidens, but it also demystifies the character that we knew in ROTJ. It puts him in focus. He's much easier to understand. Hmmm...as a result it seems a necessity to introduce a related, yet recognizable character (for general audiences and die-hard fans) that expresses a familiar dark, inspiring, spiritual mystery I was awestruck by when I was a kid watching the Emperor Palpatine. I think Plagueis a perfect candidate to get back to that OT feel everyone keeps talking about. The one whose nature we barely know. Whose actions, consequences have yet to be explored. The one who is slowly revealed to us as we make our journey through the sequence. They need to get back to the mystery. That allusion.

23. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    Plagueis:

Plagueis realizes Palpatine’s intentions of killing him and then makes him think he has done so. Plagueis then becomes a recluse and spend his time creating a plan and mastering his midichlorian manipulation (by creating beings) until the death of Palpatine. Once Palpatine is dead, he returns as an alias and puts his plan into action starting with manipulating influential people. However, the years of planning will take even longer to execute, but by the time the ST rolls around he will have his key Beings and creations in place, though he himself will probably not show up until episode VIII or IX.

24. Fastback

Fastback Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 12, 2014
    I read this and think that Plegueis if he becomes known to be the grandfather of everything the big three have been through. IMO that he may have set in motion a secret sith society/planet dedicated to train and live by sith ways, so that one day they would reveal them selves to the galaxy. I think it would be great that Plagueis revived himself after letting Palpatine think he killed him and he snuck away to the unknown sith planet. I also think why wait 30 years and allow Luke to bring the Jedi order back and than come out.

Tenebrous also took on a second apprentice, a Bith to whom he bestowed the name "Darth Venamis." Although Venamis was apprised of Plagueis's existence, Plagueis was kept in the dark—he believed he was his master's sole apprentice, in accordance with the Rule of Two, a rule he had come to resent.

StoneRiver and Dra--- like this.
  25. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    Dark side adept was my choice.

I'd *love* it to be Plegueis, but I cannot see it.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and Dra--- like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.