main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Long awaited prequel to an EU classic!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by tjace, Mar 31, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tjace

tjace Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2008
    Bestselling author Derek J Reda returns with his most exciting entry yet into the Star Wars universe, Cad Bane and the Fall of the Light Rises!

In the dark days of the Empire, a lone Twi’lek stood up for historians across the galaxy in asserting the existence of a single, unified timeline. After a fierce struggle, he defeated the Dark Falls, which had been using the New Order’s propaganda machine to rewrite said history.

But how did the rise of the Dark Falls come about in the first place? To answer that question we must journey back before the time of the Empire, to the twilight days of the Old Republic.

The epic tragedy of the Clone Wars saw the death of the Republic, the Jedi Knights, and much that was good in the galaxy. Soon, the darkness would swallow up even the very memory of light. The last remnants of the Old Republic would be preserved by a dedicated fellowship of archivists and scholars, who named themselves the “Light Rises”, a translation from the Ryl concept of a new hope rising again.

However, this hapless group of intellectuals cannot stand alone. They need someone to fight for them, to defend them from the talons of tyranny. They need someone brave. Someone tenacious. Someone not afraid to get his hands dirty for the right price. They need… Cad Bane!
    But even the legendary bounty hunter might have met his match this time, as the forces of chaos threaten to unravel existence itself. He must answer questions about himself, and his place in the galaxy:

• Is he a Chiss without a nose? A Neimoidian? Or, Force forbid, a Duros?!?
    • Can he survive the treacherous cesspit known as Chalmun’s Cantina, where he comes face to face with some sort of mouse?
    • Will the Light Falls survive? How do the EU get out of this one
    • And last but not least: Cad Bane does he contradict the EU

Zorrixor, Rew, Starkeiller and 5 others like this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    He's a Duros.

Zorrixor likes this.
  3. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    I'm assuming the cover is not shown because it contradicts the EU.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  4. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    Compare him to the Duros we see in the Mos Eisley Cantina.

Zorrixor and Revanfan1 like this.
  5. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Is it a train?

Zorrixor, Revanfan1 and TheRedBlade like this.
  6. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Hmm.... Now, what is the date?

Ah yes....

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Everybody knows that I'm not the biggest fan of bounty hunters. I think they're boring and overdone. That said, there are a handful of authors whose work I trust to handle the matter with subtlety and nuance... Mr. Reda is one of them.

Truly the man can do no wrong. I just wish more people appreciated his genius.

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

Zorrixor, WMIRTUTSF and Revanfan1 like this.
  8. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    Fixed.

I was originally confused like you too, but you will find this clearly explained in the Cad Bane thread.

Revanfan1 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.