main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

A/V Episode VIII - THE LAST JEDI - Official Movie Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Karl0413, Feb 5, 2016.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    When I have read Coruscant Nights Part IV, I can say that I read The Last Jedi...which is true, from a certain point of view. :D

2. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    Especially after that thing with the Jaina Black Series figure, I've been really hoping some clueless person actually assumes the Reaves novel is connected to the film and is super confused when they read it.

Senator Wan, Revanfan1 and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. Ulicus

Ulicus Lapsed Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 24, 2005
    "Super Scar Destroyer"

4. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    The Lion King villain is suddenly afraid now. :p

5. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    What do you guys think the film will open on after the crawl?

I'm thinking the camera pans down to Kylo's shuttle, with him, Hux and Phasma aboard. Jump to Ren's flagship, and prep for the First Order attack on D'Qar. Then wipe to Ach-to and Rey handing Luke the family lightsaber.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

6. Coherent Axe

Coherent Axe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 2016
    Probably something First Order-related, if they're keeping the Star Destroyer theme to the openings, so yeah, Kylo's shuttle approaching the Supremacy might be a good bet.

7. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    You think they want to open on the Supremacy? I was thinking they save that for jumping into the D'Qar system to shock the Resistance.

8. Dr. Steve Brule

Dr. Steve Brule Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 7, 2012
    Glad to see the Kushiban are back.

9. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    I had a pang of longing for a live action Pokemon film.

10. Stymi

Stymi Force Ghost star 4

Jan 10, 2002
    God...my kids are going to live Porgs.

Sent from my Moto X-Wing

Barriss_Coffee and Dawud786 like this.
  11. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I like porgs too.

Oh, I also really like that snow fox, or crystal fox thing.

12. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Foreshadowing requires knowledge of the next stage and TFA didn't have that, did it? ;) What I'm getting at with this point is pretty much independent of the trailer and is on the representation aspect. Rey going dark side could end up as a 'Women Know Your Limits' and I don't want Luke going full Cholmondley-Warner.

And no, the plan remains in place. Sinny'd be pissed if I bailed on it now.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  13. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I want a stuffed Porg.

Seriously, of all the things that concern me about TLJ, Porgs don’t even rank.

14. Dawud786

Dec 28, 2006
    I got one for my birthday last week. He sits atop my dining room bookcase.

15. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That scene in the trailer is so adorable.

16. Counter

Counter Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 3, 2017
    Overall this trailer hit all the right notes. I loved the tension between Kylo and Leia. That was beyond excellent. Optimistic, but less fired up than I was about Rogue One.

Also, Snoke's flagship is a Mega-class Star Destroyer according to the Wook? :rolleyes:

Really?

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I would have preferred Ultra-class, if they were going to extend the Super naming structure as they appear to be doing with the Mega. In either case, it's really more of a mobile dock or space station than a Star Destroyer anyways.

18. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    I gotta say, I really don't like what these new movies are doing with the lighting.

Everything looked so crisp amd clear in the originals. You could see a lot of detail on the ships.

In TFA, (and from the looks of this trailer, TLJ) they like to play up more realistic looking lighting, which makes for some pretty cool shots but it masks a lot of the cool new designs in these newer movies.

TLJ looks like its shadows and darks are a lot closer to the originals, but there were one or two TFA-esque shots in this trailer where that sort of thing bugs me.

Maybe lighting isn't the issue I'm experiencing though, but I dislike how these films seem to hide a lot of their FX in darkness.

Abadacus and SpecForce Trooper like this.
  19. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    The one thing that would really disappoint me if TLJ doesn't address is the current state of Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda. I'm really holding out that this is part of what they're keeping massively under wraps.
    Anakin was present in TFA through the Vader helmet. Obi-Wan and Yoda were heard in the Force-Back. Seeing their LuminousLivingForceMode!Versions seems the next step (and also would fall into the ANH/ESB pattern).

20. Ulicus

Jul 24, 2005
    "What'd he say his class was?

"GALVA-class"

"ALL HAIL GALVA-class!"

21. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    I hated the "Super-class". Just seemed like a ridiculous toy name being took way too seriously.
    This new dreadnought is a nightmarish continuation of the trend.

Dr. Steve Brule likes this.
  22. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Personally I was a fan of calling Supers Executor Class Star Dreadnoughts.
    They might call the new one mega, but nothing is stopping me from calling it a Supremacy class Dreadnought :p

SpecForce Trooper likes this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A bit late maybe, but here are my thoughts: I found the trailer good looking but at the same time rather visually uninspiring, the only things that really made me interested was the fight between Finn and Captain Trashcompactor and the ice/crystal Gyrinx. I do like the way the trailer is edited to give the impression of stuff following a certain narrative but, as with the TFA trailer, it is very likely that the Movie have a completely different narrative.

Beside the Finn and Captain Trashcompactor fight so can't I say that anything in the trailer really makes me interested in seeing it as soon as possible. I was thinking that it was maybe that I have been jaded against trailers but after rewatching the trailers for Guardians of the Galaxy and Rogue One and feeling pumpt for those movies I can’t say that that is the case.

Abadacus and MercenaryAce like this.
  24. sidv88

sidv88 Force Ghost star 5

Aug 22, 2005
    Can't wait for Snoke to be revealed as a ticked off porg using an android body. :p

"Pay no attention to the Porg behind the curtain!"

25. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Red Dwarf needs to do a Smega-class Star Destroyer.

This is poor comedy Uli.