main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Harry Potter and the Feather in the Foxhole (still accepting new players!)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by LeiaHair, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Brutus666

Darth_Brutus666 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2006
    IC: James Potter

Herbology

"We did it Amarantha." James watched as Amarantha finished filling the bucket. "Yets take it to Professor Longbottom now." James started to walk towards the Professor.

TAG: JediMasterAnne

2. Baathville728

Baathville728 Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2007
    OOC: Sorry for the wait, but I have been waiting for someone to make an update for some excitement, but that fell through due to their lack in time to write it. So now I plan on wrapping up the first two classes of the day, and get you too lunch. Then you'll be able to discuss your classes and I'll have a nice surprise for the surprise. Again I apologize for the lack of posting, but I'm gonna try to pick things back up. I'm going to work on it tommorow because I have a very easy day. See you tommorow.

3. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    OOC: Take your time, as long as I don't miss DADA lol

4. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    OOC: I just typed for about 30 minutes and somehow my computer did something and deleted it all. I am angry beyond belief, so I hopefully will cool down by tonight and get a post up. I was finishing on my last paragraph of a post for my dear Vainr, whom i had forgotten in taking over the GM duties. But right now I am ridiculously ticked because all of that hard work wasted. I'll try again to post something tonight after I take care of some work. Thanks and I'm sorry I'm not getting this update posted yet.

5. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    Update: Here you go, finally

Professor Longbottom
    Herbology Greenhouses

Professor Longbottom watched Amarantha Williams and James Potter come forward with a pail full of Filberweed excrement while they pinched their noses, despite having plugs lodged in their nostrils. They were the only ones to complete the task, although it was not because the students were ignorant or incompitent, it was because he had forgotten to mention how to retrieve the excrement, which happened to be the act of singing. However, Miss Williams was the only one with enough courage to sing. This could attributed to the facts that the boys were growing therefore their voices were undergoing very embarrassing pitch changes and the girls probably were too embarrassed to sing in front of the boys.

"Great work you too," said Neville with a deliberate wink to James, the son of his good friend Harry Potter. "Class, here is what the excrement looks like that you should have gotten from the Filberweeds. But I do not blame you, the lack of success was because of my poor memory. I should go get my Remembrall keep it in my pocket, I haven't seemed to grown any better since my years at Hogwarts. I was very forgetful back then. Anyway," said Professor Longbottom getting back on track, "you are dismissed for the day but we will resume with the weeds next class. Have a good rest of the day."

TAG: Second years

6. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    Percy Weasley
    Great Hall

Percy Weasley sat at the staff table watching students start to come from their first two classes which were no doubt lighter than normal, not wanting to overwhelm them, but still it was a quick change of pace as compared to their summer.

Percy saw studious Pogue Prithard walk in all by his lonesome. He was followed by Edwin Dunbar and Scorpius Malfoy, who looked slightly less confident than his father, whom Percy know well and remembered him even better. After them, a couple of giggling fifth year girls and astonished 1st years came in ahead of Kendrix McCully and Serj Tankien, the latter telling a seemingly silly story that was recieveing a chuckle here and there from Miss. McCully. Mr. Tankien had been so into the story he ran right over little Chris Smith of Hufflepuff, knocking him over, but quickly helping him up. No more than 5 seconds after the collision did Marlin Wake was seen coming in with an admirable look at the back of Kendrix's head.

OOC: Sorry I can't get these post up as one, for some reason it's only taking pieces of them at a time.

7. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    Percy Weasley cont.

Ahh yes, Percy remembered his true love when he saw Mr. Wake following Miss. McCully. Penelope Clearwater, supringly similar to Miss. McCully. Percy hoped Kendrix didn't hurt Marlin like Penelope did him.

Then came in Aurora Morley, Adrastos McClanahan, and Elysium Weasley, and they all went to their designated House tables. This group was followed by a large group of first years, Vairn McMillan and Percy's niece Josephine, at the end of the pack. josephine was whispering feverishly, no doubt about her and her father's dragons. Following them was Chandler Billings, and very excellent a determined potioneer, who no doubt had a great future in the field.

8. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007

Yet Again it's Percy

Some second years came in, including James Potter and Amarantha Williams recieving nasty looks, most likely because of the stench of Filberweeds they had contracted from working with them. Percy knew this because he talked to Professor Longbottom, whom he knew as Neville for a long time and got along together excellently after the defeat of Lord Voldemort. More people filed into the hall in groups, sometimes pairs and and couple people by themselves like Pogue Pritchard and Chandler Billings.Now it was only stagglers, and the very last one percy noticed was sixth year Maya Yubari, who was looking considerably tired. Percy wondered what she did last night, but decided it wasn't his business. He probably didn't want to know anyways.

"It's great to be back,' said Percy to himself. he only hoped this year was as wonderful as the seven he put in during his time.

TAG: Everyone If I missed somebody, I apologize, but just insert yourself in a logical place and then i'll get another, more interesting update up soon. Thanks!

9. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    IC: Vairn McMillan and Josephine Weasley
    Great Hall

Vairn walked into the great hall beside his friend Josephine who was rapidly whispering more stories about her dragon. Vairn was listening deeply until they entered because he had still not gotten over it's grandeur.

"Isn't in amazing," squeaked Vairn.
    "Well, yes, it is, but we've already seen it and I was talking about my you-know-what," said Josephine, obviously irriatated that Vairn had lost interest.]
    "Oh! I know, I'm sorry ,but I just...I just didn't want someone to overhear, so I changed the subject,"
    pleaded Vairn.
    "Ohh okay sure, sure," Josephine said, obviously not convinced, but accepted the apology.

Vairn hadn't wanted to anger his only friend, who was being really nice and would not stop talking, but he didn't mind. This was different from home, where Vairn had little friends because he was different and didn't want to scare anyone. Now he could be who he wanted no matter what, and Josephine seemed to like him for who he was. Vairn could not be more excited, life was great.

10. JediMasterAnne

JediMasterAnne Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Amarantha Williams and Aurora Morley
    Great Hall

The filberweeds' smell had settled on the second years, and the odor was still noticeable after their second class. Amarantha couldn't help but note the dirty looks other students were giving her and James as they headed towards the Gryffindor table. As soon as I finish lunch, I am going up to the tower to change clothes...

Aurora was already sitting at the Gryffindor table--Mac and Elysium had gone to their own House tables--eating a sandwich while reading from her Muggle Studies text. Neal was next to her, scribbling something on a roll of parchment when the second years came up. Looking up from his parchment at the younger students, Neal screwed up his face in disgust. "What did you get into?"

"Filberweeds," Amarantha groaned as she sat down, pushing aside a plate of food and resting her head on her arms.

Aurora briefly glanced up from her book, wrinkling up her nose for just the slightest moment, then doing her best to ignore the smell. "Don't worry," she told the second years. "I think the smell washes out."

"It had better," was all Amarantha said.

Tag: Darth_Brutus666, Great Hall

11. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    Great Hall

"Uh, I think the smell is getting into our food." James said disgusted. "I'm going to go change." James started to leave the Great Hall in order to change, then he stoped and turned around. "Are you coming Amarantha?"

TAG: Amarantha

12. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Amarantha Williams and Aurora Morley
    Great Hall

"Uh, I think the smell is getting into our food," James said, disgusted. "I'm going to go change." James started to leave the Great Hall in order to change, then he stoped and turned around. "Are you coming, Amarantha?"

She didn't need asking twice. "Yes!" Amarantha quickly grabbed her bag and climbed back over the bench. "See you later," she told the two third years before following James.

Aurora smiled and nodded as the younger girl left. As soon as Amarantha was out of earshot, Neal leaned closer to his friend. "Do we have Herbology today?" he asked, looking just a little apprehensive.

After briefly consulting their timetables, Neal groaned as Aurora confirmed his suspicion. "Right after Defense."

Tag: Darth_Brutus666, Great Hall, GM

13. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    Grand Staircase

"Yes!" Amarantha replyed

James and Amarantha walked up the Grand Staircase. "Wow this smells huh." James said, as he was at a loss for words. "Um..." James said trying to think of somthing. "What do we have after lunch out of curiosity?"

14. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings

After potions Chandler had gone to the Great Hall for lunch, stopping at the Gryffindor dormitory first t oget his books for Defense against the dark arts, his favorite class next to transfiguration. He then went to the Great Hall and sat at his table. "Oh, I can't wait until DADA, I wonder what we'll be learning in it today, I wonder if I'll need my Newt Scamander book, though it's not like I haven't read it twenty times, oh I can't wait!" he rambled.

TAG: Anyone who care to comment.

15. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    IC: Amarantha Williams
    Hogwarts, En route to Gryffindor Tower

"What do we have after lunch, out of curiosity?"
    James asked.

"Charms. After that we're done for the day," she replied.

Tag: Darth_Brutus666

16. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    OOC: Out of curiosity are we having Hogesmede Visits? I'll post somthing worthwhile after I get an answer.

17. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006
    OOC: Sorry for double post

Griffyndor Tower

James and Amarantha arrive at the tower. The fat lady begins to talk. "Password?" She asked. "Scuttlefish" James said and the doorway opened. James began to walk to his room then stopped, and turned to face Amarantha, "er, Amarantha, I was just thinking, the Hogesmede trip is coming soon and I was wondering if you wanted to go." James stood there waiting for a reply.

18. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Gryffindor Tower

"...the Hogsmeade trip is coming soon and I was wondering if you wanted to go,"
    James said.

A puzzled expression crossed Amarantha's face. "Don't get me wrong, it'd be nice, but I thought we had to be in third year before we got to go to Hogsmeade? Unless I missed something and McGonagall's changed the rules--which I can't see her doing, by the way."

Tag: Darth_Brutus666

19. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006

"Oh yea" James said, "I forgot. Um never mind what I said. I'm going to go change." James quickly walked into the boys dormatories. James started talking to himself. "Wow what has gotten into me....I never act like this around Amarantha she has been my friend for almost 2 years, I first person I met at Hogwarts. What is going on...." James finished changing and starts to head back to lunch....without Amarantha.

OOC: I'm trying to have my character start to like Amarantha as somthing more than a friend.

20. JediMasterAnne

Apr 24, 2004
    Gryffindor Tower

"Oh, yeah. I forgot. Um never mind what I said. I'm going to go change," James said before heading off for the boys' dormitories. Amarantha stared after him for a few moments before shrugging her shoulders and going up to her own dormitory.

Entering the second-years' room, she found Nina curled up at the foot of her bed--one of the other girls must have let her in at one point or another. The smell from Amarantha's robes, however, seemed to offend the cat, for once the girl had changed and placed the discarded clothing on top of her trunk, Nina hissed at them and jumped down from the bed, rushing out the room's open door. Frankly, Amarantha couldn't blame her. She hoped one of the house-elves would come up and collect the clothing before any of the other girls came up, or the entire dormitory would smell like filberweeds.

Upon returning to the common room, Amarantha found it empty, save Nina, now curled up in a window. Apparently James had decided not to wait for her, so Amarantha headed back downstairs by herself. She briefly stopped in the girls' bathroom to wash the smell from her hands and face, then continued to the Great Hall.

Tag: Darth_Brutus666, anyone

21. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    IC: Professor Finnegan

Seamus, well Professor Finnegan, had just awoken from a nice little nap he earned after delivering his second class. He had been looking forward to the year for a good time now and it was starting just as he had hoped. He had started the seventh years with something simple they could handle, Red Caps. The creatures are simple to overcome magically, but they can beat an unexpecting wizard or possibly a younger one who might panic when confronted. However, the experienced students handled it with ease.

Speaking of Red Caps, they had been awfully quiet during his nap. Even though they are normally quiet, the extreme lack of noise disturbed Seamus. He strolled over to the closet where he kept the 4 creatures and saw that their cage had been emptied! "Oh my goodness!" yelped Professor Finnegan. But without any delay he knew he had to get to the Great Hall and alert the students that there were Red Caps on the loose.

He broke into a brisk stride, dodging Peeves who was throwing a Fanged Frisbee and singing a little song, apparently aware of the esacped Red Caps.

"Look at Professor Finnie worry
    A look of despair on his face
    Professor Finnie is in quite a hurry
    Because there are Red Caps are all over the place
    "
    finished Peeves directing the frisbee towards Seamus.

Seamus knocked the toy down with a flick of his wand, he didn't have time to quarrel with Peeves just now. He had reached the entrance hall and strolled to the front of the room, passing James Potter who tried to say something to him, but Seamus had to shrug him off. He stood in front of the staff table and cleared his throat.

"Students!" he shouted. "I would like you all to know that four Red Caps have escaped and I am unsure of where they are." This caused numerous frantic whispers. "If you stay in here, the teachers will protect you from them, although little protection is needed, they won't hurt anyone unless they are unsuspecting. Just remain calm and stay in here." He cast a reassuring glass to his fellow faculty members, some with frowns on their face.

He started walking back toward the doors and decided he would like some help. "Miss McCully, Mr. Tankien, would you care to join me. You took care of these creatures this, morning and I believe that three wands are better than one. Thank You"

TAG: Nick, JMA, Brutus, Leigh, anyone

22. Darth_Brutus666

Dec 25, 2006

James heard professors Finnegin's announcement and headed the teacher off before he left again. "Um professor a moment, my friend Amarantha, she hasn't came back from the tower yet when she went to change her clothes after Herbology. Shouldn't we go look for her?" James stared at the Professor waiting to see what he could do.

TAG: Baathville, JMA

23. Baathville728

Aug 2, 2007
    IC: Professor Finnegan

"Um professor a moment, my friend Amarantha, she hasn't came back from the tower yet when she went to change her clothes after Herbology. Shouldn't we go look for her?"

"Yes, yes. I suppose we must. I hope she doesn't get cornered by them," said Seamus nervously. "I know, why don't you try to find her. You shouldn't encounter one if you are diligent, and if you do, and effective Expelliarmus should work on them.

TAG: Brutus

24. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings

He heard Professor Finnegan announce the escape of the Red Caps. He imediately got up and ran over to the professor. Then he overheard his fellow Gryffindor mentioning something about Amarantha, yet another Gryffindor. "Sir if you need someone to help with Red Caps I know some basic defensive spells that will work. My mother bumped into some while working in Scotland near an old stone circle. Got a nasty lump from one of the blighters. I used a stunning spell, worked perfectly." Chandler said. "I should be able to help." he added pulling out his Scamander book. "Also according to Scamander they like fields where blood has been split, such as the fields outside the school. They'll likely head for the grounds." he added as he reached their description. "He even says you can deal with them by merely kicking them hard enough, well I guess Muggles need to be able to do something to defend themselves." he added in a lower tone. "Anyway, may I help?" he asked Professor Finnegan.

TAG: Baathville

25. Jedi_padawan_leigh

Jedi_padawan_leigh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    IC: Kendrix McCully
    The Great Hall, Ravenclaw table

Kendrix had been sitting at her houses table conversing with Serj and some of her other house-mates, when Proffessor Seamus Finnegan burst into the great hall, a worried look on his face. She watched him curiously as he announced that red caps had escaped from their holding place and were now loose in the castle somewhere. She frowned a little as she remembered what she had just recently been taught and told about the red caps. Goblin like in appearance, their name derived from the red hats that they wore, coloured by the blood of thier victims, and were found in areas where blood was spilled, especially in areas such as ancient ruins and old battlefields or places with a bloody history. She continued watching as Seamus finished his announcement and started to walk back towards the doors, when he stopped and looked at her and Serj

"Miss McCully, Mr. Tankien, would you care to join me. You took care of these creatures this, morning and I believe that three wands are better than one. Thank You"

"Of course professor"

She replyed before quickly saying something to one of the houses fellow prefects before standing from the bench and following him. Just then, a younger Gryffindor student headed Seamus off, noticing that it was James Potter.

"Um professor a moment, my friend Amarantha, she hasn't came back from the tower yet when she went to change her clothes after Herbology. Shouldn't we go look for her?"

Seamus agreed that Potter could come along. She was a little concerned, as although quite easy to handle, Red caps were quite quick and could inflict nasty scratches, bruises and other injuries if not careful. She remained quiet as she waited for Seamus next desicion

TAG: Baathville, Brutus, Nick, Any

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.