main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive [ Pixel art ] characters from the classic Trilogy

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by ElectroNico, Oct 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ElectroNico

ElectroNico Jedi Youngling

Oct 15, 2006
    Hi everybody, this is my first post here, but i know this site for a very long time !
    This is a personal rendition of a few characters from the classic trilogy that i have enjoyed since
    my childhood. So i post them here to share my work with you ;) I know there's a lot more characters to make
    from the first trilogy but i've already spent a lot of time making those, so i'll make some more later ;)

So tell me what you think about them, and what characters are your favorites ;)

Thanks ;)

[image=http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/8537/starwars3qj5.png]

2. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Hello ElectroNico and welcome to the forum! We're always glad to see new artists posting their work!

These are all great--very detailed in face and costuming, much more so than a lot of pixel characters we see here. I think my favorites are Princess Leia, Admiral Ackbar and the Ithorian--but they're all great!

Thanks for sharing these, and we'll look forward to more!

FF

3. ElectroNico

Oct 15, 2006
    FalconFan> Thanks a lot for your warm comment ! I'm happy that you appreciate my work ! :)
    i've spent so much time making this ;)

4. Fenrisulven

Fenrisulven Jedi Master star 1

Nov 18, 2004
    These are all really great, ElectroNico! I don't think I've seen this good pixel art before. I think I like the jawa and the AT-AT-pilot the most.

5. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Those are some awesome pixel art characters, would you mind if I made them into icons for use on this site?

6. ElectroNico

Oct 15, 2006
    Fenrisulven> Thanks a lot ! :)

odj_310388> Thanks a lot :) Of course you can use them as icons if you want to ;)

7. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Excellent job, but I am confused as to what pixel art is and how it differs from other digital art.

AG88

8. ElectroNico

Oct 15, 2006
    academygrad88> Thanks ! Pixel art is a common name mainly to describe the way videogames graphics
    were made during the eighties. The difference with other digital art is that the graphic is made pixel
    by pixel usually using low colors palette ( which is not my case when i did these characters ).

9. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    I alsothink that they're all great, but particularly the Yoda one. Lovely chibis.

10. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Pixel by pixel? :eek: That sounds time consuming.

AG88

11. ElectroNico

Oct 15, 2006
    SilSolo> Thanks ! :)

academygrad88> When i start making a character, i use a large pixel brush, because at this stage there's no interest in drawing pixel by pixel, so with a large brush i put main colors and after that i add details with a 1 pixel pen brush, so at this stage i only use a 1 pixel brush to draw, and this is where the fun begins: when you've got to work the likeness of the character ( the challenge is when the character is human, because you've got to match the actor's likeness ! ).

12. Siths_Herald

Siths_Herald Minnesota CR, MNFF Co-Leader star 2

Jan 5, 2004
    Very impressive. Some of the likenesses are spot on (in a characature sort of way). I especially like the likenesses of Owen, Beru, and Piette.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.