main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC As Promised: Horrors! || The VicFF Social Outing Thread||

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by PulsarSkate, Jan 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koroshiya_keefu

Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    21st after 6.00pm in the evening right?

I say we maybe do a Chinatown dinner then? When the 21st draws close, we should be
    able to lock down a number on the attendees.

2. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    DUMPLING PALACE!

*cough* I mean, yes. Definitely after six, as work will no doubt be still eating my ass at 5:30 [face_frustrated]

3. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    OK...so it turns out I'm NOT going to the A-League final. My dad couldn't get tickets...I thought he already had them.

Bummer.

4. Jedi_Knight88

Jedi_Knight88 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 18, 2005
    Awww. A-League looks pretty cool. Maybe going to a few matches will help ease the wait for the next World Cup to roll round :)

As for dumplings, Wednesday sounds cool. Is it near the Swanston St end? Anything else running parallel to that will throw my sense of direction out :p

5. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Of course, as luck would have it, I work Wednesday nights. :p However that seems to be the only time everyone else is free, so logic would dictate that it's the best option.

6. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm cool with that. Making sure I don't get lost getting to the meeting point!

7. jedi_kein

jedi_kein Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2007
    Ohhhhhhhh.... [face_tired] another glitched message...

Sorry.

8. jedi_kein

jedi_kein Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2007
    I take it this is "China Town Dumpling Restaurant" on Swanston St we're talking about? [face_thinking]

9. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    It's in an alleyway behind swanston street, off the corner of Lonsdale (opposite QV) but we will meet somewhere nice and obvious and easy!

I suggest the State Library, as it's big. REAL big. And pretty. I like it.

I saw Boogie on Sunday, he said he would probably come (maybe because I was threatening him with a parasol at the time :p) so that's goodly.

Tomorrow, I will tally the votes...compile the list and make some concreeeeete plaaaaans. And cry because Hawk ain't on it!

10. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    The meeting place should either be on Swanston just outside QV, or somewhere in Melbourne Central (Close to the station)

11. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    I think I am brave enough to venture out to one of these meetings [face_dancing]
    Plus I love Chinese :p Hopefully work doesn't ring me.

12. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    Yay Ree! =D=

We're not that scary, right?

*wind whistles as giant tumbleweed bounces past*

:p

13. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Haha..I hope not :p Don't you love tumbleweed??

Nah you guys are cool...too bad these boards aren't so active coz then we can't chat as much. Maybe I'll venture over to the Literature boards :D

14. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm been to plenty of "first-time" meets in places I've never been before, so I'm sure I'll find everyone okieday! I did alright when I met the UK people in the middle of England at in airforce base!!!

15. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    That's ok Nat its my first time too, so we can be newbies together. I hope you don't get lost in the city though... be careful of the emo's at Flinders !!!:p

hehe.:D Joke.

16. Koroshiya_keefu

Koroshiya_keefu Jedi Master star 2

Jan 3, 2005
    Nice...

Okies then Pulse. If you are creating a list, put me on it. I will try my hardest to attend, which will mean I'll probably be late like last time and make you guys wait outside with all the frightening crazies!

Awesome!

17. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    That's okay Keef, it was fun standing there with Kla and Daph going "Do you reckon that's him? That guy? No. Maybe that girl with the arms? Nah...ohoh, look! That guys kinda geeky! Maybe if I cough *keefu* he'll turn around"

And we are especially nice to new people and people who make fun of the emos at Flinders St.

All evidence that your lovely CR is an emo has been burnt. WITH MY LASER EYE POWERS!

18. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    Laser eye powers? Does this mean that our CR is a MUTANT EMO?!

(The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie comes out this year, tee hee hee...)

And as for emos, I went to the Evanescence concert on Saturday night, and there were emos galore! So many people were wearing black. And tour T-shirts (also mostly black). And in some cases, full-on black old-fashioned Gothic gowns.

Maybe we should take a really bright industrial-strength light to ward off both emos and the frightening crazies of which Keef speaks...

19. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Haha!![face_laugh]

No all you have to do is smile at them and they'll get confused and scared...:p
    I'll probably be easy to spot because I put some pink in my hair....ok so that sounds emo but I'm not. I'll make an effort to wear colours.:p

20. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    What's an emo? Seriously. I don't know. Please don't think of me as dumb!

21. jedi_kein

jedi_kein Jedi Youngling

Jan 5, 2007
    I think Emos are like Goths, but they have their own distinctive gloomy aura. :)

22. Ree

Ree Jedi Master star 5

Jan 25, 2005
    Emo's are...[Delete]
    Actually for a better explination look it up on Wikipedia :p

23. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Alright then, your mid-20s mutant emo bridezilla (figurines coming soon!) would like to announce our next meet!

That's right! You saw it coming! You asked for it!

VicFF's First 2007 Meet
    Now with extra dumplings!

This Wednesday the 21st of February!

Meeting @ 6:30pm on the Cnr of Swanston and Lonsdale St, City (outside QV, near the Big W escalator)

Then onwards to the Shanghai Dumpling Palace!

Located in Tattersalls Lane, Chinatown (just up from the Gaylord Indian Restaurant, which is easier to find)
    It's a little hidden place, so if you think you might get lost or be late, please PM me and I'll trustingly give you my mobile number. If in doubt, find Tattersals Lane, walk down and read the menus outside the doors. If you find one that says 'Dork Poodle'...you're in the right place :p

Combatants in the Dumpling Battle! Please let me know if you accept this eating challenge!

Kla - this is the place we went to with the RPF Mods and the Mandalores that time, with the Vegetarian Duck

24. Jedi_Knight88

Jan 18, 2005
    Combatants in the Dumpling Battle! Please let me know if you accept this eating challenge!

Hai, Fukui-san!!!

Ummm...is that restaurant really called Gaylord?

25. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Hai!

I mean, yes. It really is called Gaylord.

*giggle*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.