main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon COMPLETE SAGA BLURAY!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by jimsidious, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimsidious

jimsidious Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 23, 2002
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! May the 4th be with us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its been officially announced, sept. 16 2011 the complete saga gets is release on bluray.
    Ive seen it with my own two eyes, 89.99 at best buy, the pre sale is on line only....i went there today to ask about midnight madness, first off the guy had no clue what I was talking about, "I was wondering about the complete saga bluray release..." he cuts me off, "sir all our blurays can be found over there", i just stared at him...."dude you have no clue do you?" he asked "about what?", I say "Star Wars is getting released on bluray..." I got cut off again, " oh well if its not released yet...blah blah..." ijust walked off to find some one more...uh... in the know. one guy I came across seemed to know, but very well coulda been makin shtuff up, but he said depending on how many pre sales they have will determine if they have a midnight release :mad: not what i wanted to hear!!! well im hopin to find out soon.
    any one else have a good May the 4th story or just a good story of unschooled people?? man its scary when you come across people that either dont know info pertaininig to their job and even scarier when they havent heard of Star Wars!!!!

2. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Dunno if I want to get this right now or not. I can still watch the Saga on DVD in pretty-good quality. :p

3. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    DUDE!!!!!! its a 9 disc set!!!!!! prequals, the OG saga, and 3 count them T H R E E bonus discs with all kinds of shhhtuff!! I have them all on disc too but this is pinacle man!!!! wait..... youre not sure??? HEY EVERY ONE!!!!! WE HAVE AN INFILTRAITOR!!!!! dude youre secretly a trekki arent you!!!??? lol JK man

4. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    You've seen Fanboys, right? :p That should answer your question.

And about the Blu-Ray set, I'd probably get it eventually when the price drops.

5. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    Shatner really can get any thing.....

6. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    I bet he can in Real Life as well. :p

7. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    Waiting patiently, padawans. All will be seen in it's glory. I'm going to need to upgrade everything though in due time.

-Eric

8. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    I went to best buy and you can only pre buy on line.... im giving it a few weeks to see whos gonna have the best give aways with pre order pick ups and whos gonna have the mid night madness release, after goin to Tonys this weekend Autumn is actually startin to dig all the star wars hype lol, she said she kinda wants to go to the mid night release!!! that would be awesome.
    And yeah...Im sure shatner could get any thing in real life.... EXCEPT THE BOUNTY ON HAN!!!!!!!! BONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

9. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    Did you guys hear that they're changing stuff in the Blu-ray releases? There's a video online of the new version of Vader killing the Emperor.

10. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Jershbi_Wan_Luap Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2011
    Yeah, i heard that he says "no" a couple of times during the emperor's 're-education' of Luke before he tosses the old man down the shaft. Also the Ewoks blink now...

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:_| OOOO

11. brook_33

brook_33 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 2003
    I really wish Lucas could just let it go and realize that the fans love the movies as they were when they came out originally. We love it enough that we accepted the films as they were before technology could make them "better". Because the technology wasn't available, Lucas and co. had to be more creative and come up with ways to bring us films that were far more interesting than seeing some fake CGI or cheesy re-dubbed lines added in. I wonder if Lucas realizes what the term "classic" means?

12. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    man the ewoks blink yodas gunna be blinkin as well... vader screams nnnooooooo, and aperently obi wan is said to make a new "sound" in a new hope but im still stoked and its sad, theres a bunch of changes....ive mourned the loss of what was once a beautiful thing, I guess Lucas put it in his will that once he passes no one can touch the movies, not even his kids

13. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    Obi-Wan's new sounds.......Geriatric Force Farting??? Causes confusion and nausea in an opponent?

14. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    lol tell me about it man its gettin pretty bad!

15. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    Oh and BTW, they decide that Jar Jar is a force sensitive.
    The Emperor is Vader's father as well being that Plagious (sp) was Sidious's master, he had his way with a slave girl named shmii. I guess they thought it would add to the story and it makes sence.

16. Jedi Gunny

May 20, 2008
    [face_plain] at the changes. I can understand a few small changes (like the lightsaber white core retouching), but nothing major should be edited.

17. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    And Leia was a hermaphrodite.

And Anakin's cyborg arm had an electric toothbrush built in...

R2-D2 came out of the closet and OBI-WAN is a registered offender and him saving luke and being around a minor was the reason they had to leave Tatooine.

And the death satr was paper mache. The emporer skimped on the expensis because of his video poker gambling addiction.

maybe not...[face_shhh]

18. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004

That is extremely difficult to do considering that once a piece of art, in this case a movie, becomes a certain age, it becomes public domain. I think that time period is something like 20 or 25 years. This is why companies like Disney open up their vault every decade or so to sell the "classics" on DVD. By doing so they reset the clock of domain ownership, usually because they have changed the original product somehow. Digital remastering, anyone?

Knowing this, Lucas has been able to keep complete ownership over all rights and domain of the Star Wars brand because he keeps cranking out a new super-dee-dooper special edition. With each new edition, he resets the clock because he is changing the product in a very significant way.

The second he goes into the ground, the clock starts. And when that clock ends, anyone under the sun are legally free to make new movies, or remake the originals. This is done all the time. Look at all the movie remakes out there, most notably with recent movie releases of the Planet of the Apes franchise.

- Bill

19. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    That is silly.

20. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    It may be silly, but that is the law as it pertains to the arts. Lucasfilm knows how to get around it, and has been extremely successful in doing so for a very long time. As shrewd as he may be, he is a very smart man in how he protected his intellectual property.

- Bill

21. jimsidious

Jul 23, 2002
    Yeah and he keeps laughing to the bank with our cash lol

22. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    Either way, you can't be mad at god, can you?

He has created/influenced our reality, right?

I guess he can do whatever he wants then.

23. AramysStrael

Mar 9, 2004
    I wouldn't call him God. He didn't shape my reality, he just provided me with a means of escaping it for awhile.

And no, I can't blame him for doing what any smart business man would do to protect their investments, here in Corporate America. Gotta love Capitalism!

- Bill

24. Jershbi_Wan_Luap

Aug 10, 2011
    3 cheers for Darth Capitolism [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.