main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Niagara, ON OT: "Lost" season 3 discussion thread - "Let the speculating begin..."

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by MadKidJedi, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadKidJedi

MadKidJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2005
    Guess I'll start this puppy up...

So what'd you other fans think of last night's premiere ep? Not exactly what I expected, but then, it kinda was...

We knew they (Kate, Jack, Sawyer) would be locked up and kept in the dark, but I didn't think that "The Others" compound would look as it did. Especially in the flashback that started the show.

The Breakfast with Ben/Henry that Kate had seemed completely out of place, and what was discussed? I want more!

Jack's breakdown in his lock-up was just... odd.

Sawyer's escape attempt was interesting. Moreso was the pay-off for figuring out the device. Mr. Friendly's line about the bears was the funniest of the show.

Can't wait for next week when we see what's going on back at the beach. And while we're talking about the survivors of 815... whatever happened to the caves from season one? Does anyone live/go there anymore?

2. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    I think they ditched the caves in favour of the hatch.

Speaking of which, uh... WAY TO JUST LEAVE THAT ... explosion? ... OUT OF THE ENTIRE EPISODE.

I thought the same thing I always think. The plotline on the island: interesting, intense, and exciting! The flashbacks: dullsville. They continue to turn me off the show and make me hate every episode. I'm sorry, but with the way they add more questions each episode and generally don't even answer one single existing question... I just.don't.care. BORING.

I'm really curious how kate's wrists got all scraped up. Aside from every single jack scene and all the flashbacks, it was pretty cool and definitely surprising.

3. jadepadawan

jadepadawan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2002
    It could have been from the cuffs being too tight I suppose.

I would really like to know what Stephen King book they were reading as the novels on the show seem to have symbolic significance. Or perhaps it was a nod to his fandom of the show?

Lots of questions.....personally, I actually enjoy the flashbacks. I think it makes sense that their pasts would impact the reactions and actions they have on the island.

It was obvious that the cages were Skinner boxes designed to test superstitious conditioning. Skinner was a pyschologist who did tests with animals to see if randomly doing something would yield results for food if he only had it working some of the time.

I would really like to know who the other guy in the cage was. If I were them (in "Henry's words") I would plant someone as a prisoner hoping the other side would reveal info.

4. jeigh

jeigh Jedi Master star 3

Mar 21, 2002
    Steph, it was Carrie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.