main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY December 2012 book club read (One year from now!)

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Dec 1, 2011.

?

December 2012 book club read (One year from now!)

Poll closed Dec 21, 2011.
  1. Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

60.0%
  2. Shatterpoint

40.0%
  3. Wild Space

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Cestus Deception

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I like keeping December Clone Wars month. The cartoon is in mid-season, and we have that to discuss; as well as any Clone Wars novel we pick.

No new Clone Wars books in 2012, and that is a good thing. No need write a book, only to have it potentialy trample over the Clone Wars cartoon (or vice verse depending on your point of view). However, there are a lot of good ones out there.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous by Sean Stewart details a meeting between Dooku and Yoda and some light on the "Lost 20." I loved the sub plot, that of young Scout the littlest Jedi Padawan that could.

Shatterpoint is a novel written by Matthew Stover. Considered one of the best of the EU, it details Mace Windu's return to his home planet-- much like Apocolypse Now. I don't want to give too much away, but it is a must read.

The Clone Wars: Wild Space is the second in the series of novels inspired by Star Wars: The Clone Wars TV series, written by Karen Miller. The story is set concurrently with TV episodes Downfall of a Droid and Duel of the Droids, but then spins off on its own. I really liked this, as Bail and Obi travel to stop a Sith outpost and it was well written-- like an odd couple in space, and helped flesh out the whole "you served my father in the Clone Wars" bit. My only gripe is that the author wrote that Obi never drank alchol. Did Miller not see the movies? Ol Ben loved him some booze.

The Cestus Deception is a novel by Steven Barnes has Obi and Kit Fisto leading a rebelion on a Seppie world to stop the manufature of Jedi Killer robots.

VOTE NOW, VOTE NOW, VOTE NOW

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Good choices all. Have to go with Yoda: Dark Rendezvous for some Dooku action.

3. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    Speaking of Obi and drinking check out the entertaining argument in this thread: http://boards.theforce.net/star_wars_community/b10012/23206598/p1

4. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Had to go with Yoda as well. It was a toss up with Shatter Point, but even though it's not until next Dec., I decided that on the heels of our current read, Yoda and Dooku won the day. [face_batting]

5. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    That was pretty funny. I can't believe how worked up people were getting.

6. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Vote!
    Even if you don't know where you will be in December of 2012, go ahead and chime in. It is a Star Wars book-- so you win no matter what.
    -Jammies

---If you liked the past 4 part umbarian arc, you will really like Shatterpoint: where Mace takes on a Jedi gone dark as a result of the wars.
    ---Yoda v. Dooku is pretty good too though, and it has some funny moments too (Yoda in costume [face_laugh] ).

7. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Yoda it is. Read we will. Discuss, we must.