main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

October Meeting.

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Amiry, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Well, since it's officially October now. . . What do we want to do for our October meeting(s)? Just to let you all know, I've been getting Saturdays off recently and I'm hoping to keep it that way.

I was thinking perhaps some sort of Halloween party, but I'm not sure where we could have it. It does not necessarily have to be "let's all dress in SW costumes" Halloween party, but just a fun gathering of people in whatever costumes they want to wear. I'm not sure if having it on Halloween is a good idea or not because that's a Monday and most people have school/work, so maybe the Saturday before that? Does anyone have any ideas as to where we could have a party if that's what we do? I'd offer to have it at my house, but it's much too small and there are annoying people and a baby. . . :(

If you have any further ideas for October, post them here!

2. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    An October party would be great.

What about the park? Maybe do something out there around dusk? I have a smallish apt. so that wouldn't work.

3. plokoonkenobi77

plokoonkenobi77 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 12, 2005
    i'm up for whatever

4. darthdemios

darthdemios Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2005
    i'm fine wit whatever

5. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    That sounds nice. Which park?

6. shyriiwook9134

shyriiwook9134 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2005
    if its on sunday i might not make it and that would be a shame
    but wereever is fine with me

7. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    not sure, that was the only thing that came to mind as a big place we could all meet. I've never actually been to any parks in or around Daytona.

8. Sith_Patterson

Sith_Patterson Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2005
    well if u guys want to hang out or something we can do it at my appt. complex and use the cabana and use the projector and play games and watch (star wars) movies (duh)

9. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Hmm. Well I don't think anyone will really want to go to Touchawilly Park (LOL), as it's not really in a good area and homeless people live there. So I though maybe int he Port Orange City Center? There's a little area with a stage that's usually empty. Though I'm not sure what we'd do aside from just sitting around hanging out. Or maybe we could have it down by the beach near Oceanwalk? Where the bandshell is. . . just a couple places that came to mind. :)

10. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    i definitly think a haloween party is a great idea, but going with the 2 meetings a month thing mabey we could just hang out some afternoon inbetween now and then.
    just a thought [face_thinking]
    plokoonkenobi77

11. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    ok.......so i'm guessing no october meeting
    [face_whistling]

12. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    no there should be a meeting:
    amy send me a pm if u want to do a hollowen party and then i could set something up here if u want. or my c.a.p. unit is have a hollowenn party and maybee u guys can all come in your starwars costumes and show them off to my cadets they would love that. let me know amy

13. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I still really like Q's park idea. Or just an outdoors area (empty bandshell down by Ocean Walk, anyone?) at dusk. It would be a nice change from our usual settings.

But I'm also open for hanging out at somewhere like Denny's, Steak'n'Shake or BAM for our second meeting or whatnot if you all want to do that. I've got Saturdays off and usually Wednesdays as well. This week I have a really insane schedule because my manager's father died and he's out of town until Sunday. But next week is back to normal. This coming Saturday I have a wedding to go to, though.

With the exception of this week, my schedule has been looking like this:
    Sunday 3-9, Monday off, Tuesday 9-5, Wednesday off, Thursday 9-5, Friday 5-11, Saturday off. So, Wednesdays and Saturdays are best for me (I have a habit of staying up late on Sundays, into Monday working on art ^-^;).

I think we should keep the "third Saturday of the month" deal and then set aside a specific Wednesday each month as well. What do you think?

14. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    sounds cool to me but i'm in high school so wendsdays would have to be later like 2:30-3 if any of us high schoolers go

15. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    Wednesdays in the late afternoon is fine for me.
    I don't do mornings well anyhow. :)

16. Sith_Patterson

Jan 15, 2005
    ok cool so now we need a time and place

17. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
  18. shyriiwook9134

shyriiwook9134 Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2005
    what about some place like the trails shopping center,but if that's out of the way for every one then what about sunsplash parkjust make up a time and we could meet there
    just an idea

19. ChissGoddess

ChissGoddess Jedi Master star 3

Jan 29, 2004
    I can't do wednesdays...I have ballet at 6:30 and I don't get outta school until 3...and it's an hour drive down there. But that would be cool if you guys came to CAP in costume, because we're having a partay.

20. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005
    how about Barnes and Noble on wendsday the 19th at 3:30

21. darthdemios

Mar 11, 2005
    when is that, next saturday?

22. plokoonkenobi77

Jul 12, 2005

23. Amiry

Amiry Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2004
    I feel a little weird going to Barnes and Noble (I work at their competition), but it will work.

So Meeting #1:
    Barnes and Noble
    Wednesday, October 19 @ 3:30pm

Now, the third Saturday of the month is the Saturday following this meeting. Do you want to stick to the rule this month or do it Halloween weekend?

24. darthdemios

Mar 11, 2005
    stick with the third sat. of the month

25. darth_terak

darth_terak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 5, 2005
    so the meetings the 22nd right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.