main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Havelock, NC!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Pembroke, NC' started by Elan-Rai, Jan 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Good to see all the interest in Havelock forming it's chapter of FanForce!!! Good luck with your endeavors! :D

2. Grilled-Sarlacc

Grilled-Sarlacc Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 19, 2001
    Thank you Elan-Rai!! :D

Welcome to all Havelock Star Wars fans! This is your place to meet other Havelock fans as well as discuss your thoughts on Star Wars news and events!!

3. Havenot1

Havenot1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2002
    this is pretty cool! :)

4. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Hey! :D

Congrats on becoming a chapter! :) I'm also in NC, but right outside of Raleigh... :D

Have fun and good luck! ;) :D

5. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I'm so glad Havelock now has its own forum. Remember, if y'all need any assistance, please contact me via PM or send a message to minacia@fanforce.net. :)

Congrats and good luck! :D

6. SgtFretSurfer

SgtFretSurfer Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2001
    Holy cow! We have a forum!

Man, that was fast! I go away for a couple of days and this place is hooked up!

JLK, howdy, I have relatives in Raleigh. I love it up there. Maybe one day I will get lucky and find a job there.

LOL @ Havenot1's name! That's hilarious!

G-S, we have got to get together and talk about this forum. This is cool. There is potential here. I am going to send you some ideas for a website. Nothing too complicated, but it is a start. I figured every good chapter has a website. Do you still have the PM I sent you - it has my number.

Thank you to the admins for creating this forum! :)

7. CyberSith1

CyberSith1 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2002
    Hello all. How is everyone doing?

Glad to see there are other Star Wars fanatics in the Havelock area! I am a computer programmer for Internet East on Rte 70. I have been a huge Star Wars fan since...oh, before some of you were born I would imagine.

I am interested in joining your club. Do I need to email anyone inm particular? Or am I a member already because I am registered?

Anyone want to get in line with me for Ep2?

LOL!

Bill

8. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Welcome, CyberSith1!!

As you may be able to tell from the dates, this Havelock forum is just starting out. We have only been around for like a week now.

"We would be honored if you would join us." :)

Check this thread for info on a cookout this weekend. You are welcome to join us!

Oh yeah, and I may take you up on that offer to get in line early! Just not 4 months early!!! :)

9. CyberSith1

Jan 16, 2002
    I had a great time, Grilled. Thanks for inviting me. I look forward to the next group get-together.

Take care!

10. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    OK, you guys. What do you think of having another Havelock FF meeting? Is there anyone who cannot take time off next Saturday from around 12 noon - 8 p.m. or Sunday during the same time?

Havenot1 can get us a movie tickets for only $2.50 each during that time. If you guys are game, I will make an official thread about it and let our regional FF representative know about it.

Please either PM or email me!

:)

11. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    OK, everyone. I have gotten in touch with all forum members except for [c]CyberSith1[/b]. I left a message on his answering machine. Hopefully he can make it. I am going to go ahead and make a thread and send an email to Minacia_Brightstar because it is already Monday niight and I want to have as many days as possible to advertise on the FF page.

According to Havenot1, he can get at least 8 discounted tickets for us. So, if anyone cannot make it, please email me and let me know. Some people are probably going to want to bring friends like the last meeting.

More to follow. :)

12. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    I know I'm way late in checking back in here... but... ;)

It seems like things are going well, huh? :) :D That's great! :)

SgtFretSurfer: :) I really like it here near Raleigh, except in the summer it is WAY too humid... :p

:D

13. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    Hi, JLK! :)

Yeah, things are pretty cool these days. We have our own forum for our city and everyone gets along really well. We all have that common bond - Star Wars.

How is the Raleigh area? I have never been there. Are you guys official yet? How many meetings have you had? We are always looking for cool ideas for meetings. I think our next one will be in Feb. The general consensus is to have another cookout. The first one was great.

We had our second meeting today. We all went to the New Bern Mall and had lunch and then went and saw Lord of the Rings. It was awesome. Much better than I expected. I think Lucas has really opened the flood gates with regards to CGI in film.

14. Havenot1

Jan 8, 2002
    north carolina rules. we have the best star wars fans ever!

15. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    Grilled-Sarlacc: That's great! :D Sounds like y'all are doing great! :)

I enjoy living here. I'm in a little town called (see if you can say this one) Fuquay-Varina, which is about 30 minutes from Raleigh. It's a nice area. :D

We've never had a meeting, to my knowlage. I've been here since the end of July last year, and there really isn't too much activity in the Raleigh board, or in the area. :p It's dissapointing, but oh well. :p Maybe some day. :)

Where exactly is Havelock? [face_blush] [face_blush] It's near to the coast, correct? Or am I thinking of somewhere else? [face_blush] What's it like? Sounds like some great people live in the area. :D

Havenot1: :D Yeah! ;) :D

You guys (and gals) don't mind me coming in here and chatting a bit, do you? Just let me know, and I'll go away. There just seems to be a bit more activity in here... [face_blush] And everyone seems friendly. Really, though, just say the word and I'll go away.

16. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    You are absolutely welcome to hang out here, JLK!! We are cool at this forum! ;) I enjoy meeting new people in the forums. In just a week I met everyone here so far. I also know a few other friends that love Star Wars but are internet-forum-shy. They dodn't even chat with IM or anything. They showed up at the cookout we had though.

Yeah, Havelock is towards the coast. It is about 30min northwest of Morehead City. And about 1hr north of Jacksonville. It is sort of in the middle of nowhere.

17. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    :) Thanks! I just wanted to make sure since I am not from around Havelock... [face_blush]

I love it here! It took my friend a little while to pursuade me to sign up, but now I'm hooked! :p

I'm going to look it up on a map... I think I know about where it is, but... :p

:D My town isn't quite "in the middle of nowhere" as much as it used to be, but it is a small town. For now, until Cary swallows us up... :p ;)

18. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    Hi, JLK! How are you doing?

Yeah, North Carolina is awesome. I have lived here in Havelock and in Jacksonville. I think one day I will move to Raleigh. I have just met so many people that have either lived there or visited. They all loved it.

Of course you can hang out here anytime! Glad you like our company! :D

19. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
    JLK, I love these forums too. They are soooo addictive! I wish I had registered earlier because I actually browsed the threads from as early as 1999.

I love the Ep2 Spoilers Forum. That is my main hangout. And now our Havelock Forum!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    I think I am addicted to this place!

21. Grilled-Sarlacc

Jul 19, 2001
  22. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    SgtFretSurfer: I've lived in Raleigh, Cary, and now here in Fuquay-Varina. Try saying that one! [face_laugh] ;) I love it here, excpet during the summer when it's 110 degrees and about 100% humidity... :p Then I wonder why we live here... ;)

Grilled-Sarlacc: Wow, since 1999? The first day I came here was the day i signed up back in July... :p

Addicted? Me? Definately! ;) :D This place is SO cool! :cool: I hang out mostly... well, a few places. The Fan Force Community (The Social Party - it's great!), the fanfiction area, the Welcome New User's area... and so on. Really almost everywhere! :p Not the spoiler area, though! ;)

:D

23. SgtFretSurfer

May 20, 2001
    [face_laugh]! That is pretty hot!!! Yuck!

Havelock is not too bad. Moderate temperatures. Don't see much snow in the winter, and not too insanely hot in the summer. It's actually not a bad place to live, except that it is in the middle of nowhere!!! :)

24. Havenot1

Jan 8, 2002
    i like to hang out in fan force and the spoiler page. i always check what the hot topics are each day. it is like my headline news of the day! jango rules!

25. CyberSith1

Jan 16, 2002
    There are so many forums to choose from, one can easily get lost! I try and take it one forum at a time. Right now I like the FanForce and Episode II forum. Fun reading.

Talk to you all soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.