main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Site Discussion Thread: Confirmed Characters

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Mace Windy, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    As promised, here is another addition to our thread series on the discussion of material from the Official Site. For a quick reminder of the boards spoiler policy, please click here.

Please note: this thread is for the discussion of material which is published on the Official Site. This does NOT, repeat, does NOT include information from Hyperspace. Everything from Hyperspace should be discussed in the Hyperspace thread only. This will get rid of the more spoilerish information which comes out of Hyperspace and allow those who only want to know limited information to discuss without fear.

As of the moment, this is the official cast list of confirmed characters from the Official Site:

EPISODE III CAST & CREW

Obi-Wan Kenobi
    Ewan McGregor
    Padmé
    Natalie Portman
    Anakin Skywalker
    Hayden Christensen
    Count Dooku
    Christopher Lee
    Mace Windu
    Samuel L. Jackson
    Yoda
    Frank Oz
    Supreme Chancellor Palpatine
    Ian McDiarmid
    Senator Bail Organa
    Jimmy Smits
    C-3PO
    Anthony Daniels
    R2-D2
    Kenny Baker
    Chewbacca
    Peter Mayhew

Mon Mothma
    Genevieve O?Reilly
    Mas Amedda
    Dave Bowers
    Orn Free Taa
    Matt Rowan
    Shaak Ti
    Orli Shoshan
    Luminara Unduli
    Mary Oyaya
    Barriss Offee
    Nalini Krishan
    Plo Koon
    Matt Sloan
    Saesee Tiin
    Kenji Oates
    Bultar Swan
    Mimi Daraphet
    Agen Kolar
    Tux Akindoyeni
    Stass Allie
    Lily Nyamwasa
    Sly Moore
    Sandi Finlay
    Po Nudo
    Paul Nicholson
    Passel Argente
    Marty Wetherill

Now that you have all of those names to munch on, I have gathered the few threads on some of these newly confirmed characters that have already been started:

OS announces return of OT character
    OS Character from ROTJ Returning
    OS - Returning "lesser" Jedi

In this thread, feel free to discuss this information as well as add any new information that is released from the OS. Hopefully this thread will be the primary thread for all new NON-HYPERSPACE character information. Lets keep everything in one place for our convenience. Happy discussion, and stay safe. :)

:cool: Mace Windy,
    too windy for spoilers!

2. winter_chili

winter_chili Jedi Master star 5

Nov 6, 2002
    chewbacca could fit in nicely

his introduction was always kind of odd, they just showed him at the bar

3. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Actually, Chewbacca's "introduction" in ANH made sense, because if you believe this is something GL has had in mind from the begining...then it explains why obi-Wan would walk right up to him.

Mon Mothma
    Genevieve O?Reilly

That's just downright cool...I didn't know they announced her character making it in Episode III. Garm Bel Iblis...come on GL, make it happen!

4. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Will the general public even recognise that it's Mon Mothma though? Afterall, her name isn't spoken at all during RotJ and she isn't a widely known character.

GL has two options that I can see:

1. make sure that Mon Mothma says a line or two in ep3 which is reminiscent of one of her ROTJ lines so that the audience can make the connection

2. not draw attention to it at all

Chances are, he'll probably go with (2)

5. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    2. not draw attention to it at all

Precisely.

The general public doesn't even know who Mon Mothma is. I bet even if you went up to 'em and described the character ("auburn-haired lady, bad haircut, white robe, many Bothans died to bring us this information") they wouldn't have a clue.

Rick McCallum loves you!

6. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    I don't just bet that they wouldn't have a clue Adam, I know that they wouldn't have a clue.

Thats okay with me. Its the little nods to the fans throughout all of the films, and the tiny little details that could easily be ignored, which makes this film series so captivating.

too windy for spoilers!

7. Darth_Banal

Darth_Banal Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 22, 2002
    Is there any ideas on why Jar Jar isn't listed...yet?

8. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    They want to space out the announcements. No sense in posting everything at once... they won't have anything to talk about later.

Rick McCallum loves you!

9. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Mon Mothma in Episode III is clearly for the fans. It's like in X2: X-Men United, there are all kinds of hints and such to characters that will appear in the third one, but you only get those type of things if you're a fan. Mon Mothma being in Episode III will be for the true fans, and the average joe won't know, and won't care.

10. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I wonder what Chewie's involvement will be in EP III? I mean, is he just going to have a cameo or are they going to try to put him as a more substantial supporting part?

I like subtle cameos for the sake of fans. I wouldn't even mind seeing a young Han in a subtle cameo, like not even saying his name but briefly hinting at who he is... But I'm probably alone there ;) I'm fine without it.

-sj loves kevin spacey

11. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    Saesee Tiin is confirmed as a returning character, eh? That's interesting in light of the fact that the Power of the Jedi Sourcebook says that he was killed on Geonosis. That a good thing to know since I've been ignoring that line in my current campaign anyway.

I'm sure that everyone will recognize Mon Mothma when she addresses the Senate and tell them that "Many Bothans died to bring us the location of the Separatists hidden base." :p

12. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Mon Mothma being in Episode III will be for the true fans, and the average joe won't know, and won't care
    Nothing wrong with making a movie even non-fans can enjoy...but having little moments that fans of SW can appreciate is a good thing; especially when it develops a character who is featured in both movies and EU.

Even a small scene, voicing her disapproval of Palpatine's political changes will only expand uopn what we already know about Mon Mothma.

13. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Hmm no Jar Jar...wow maybe we finally got to Lucas...Hopefully he died peacefully off screen. At least GL knows we cant have any cheery colorful comments in this movie.

14. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Nute Gunray and Ki-Adi Mundi have not been confirmed to return either, and most likely, they will. Don't get your hopes up.

Besides, I don't see why GL would suddenly axe Jar Jar for Episode III. I hardly heard any complaints about him AOTC.

15. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    I'll offer a complaint about Jar Jar in Episode II. He wasn't in it enough.

too windy for spoilers!

16. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    Other possible returnees who aren't listed:

* Boba Fett
    * Sio Bibble
    * Captain Typho
    * Dorme

17. JKBurtola

JKBurtola Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 4, 2003
    I'll offer a complaint about Jar Jar in Episode II. He wasn't in it enough.

Now Windy, you know you'll just incite the Anti-Jar Jar crowd with that :p

LOL nah, we'll get an update somewhere along the line.
    Remember we'll get a few updates on casting and characters, during the year and in next.
    I just hope Jar Jar has a little more screentime than he did in AOTC.

EDIT:

Although Captain Typho is not on the official cast list, he was confirmed in a casting update.

18. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    Just upping this.

The Episode 3 Databank has been updated and has added a few characters which aren't on Windy's original post.

Jar Jar, Mas Amedda, Wat Tambor and Kit Fisto are the only ones off the top of my head that weren't on the EP3 databank until now.

19. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Personally, I'd like to see less of Jar Jar in Episode III.

~aeryn

20. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    well he does have a smaller role, which is kinda understandable.

21. Aesop

Aesop Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2003
    I'm glad Orn Free Taa is back in action. The Saga would be incomplete without another glimpse of his big, blue, self.

22. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Mon Mothma, if she has any lines, MUST speak with that strange accent/lisp (OK, it's not really a lisp) from ROTJ. THAT is who fans will recognize her.

23. Darth_Banal

Jul 22, 2002
    Has everyone seen that Temura Morrison is confirmed for Episode III? As a clone? Or for a cameo? Or..??

24. Bid4Tuna

Bid4Tuna Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 5, 2003
    i'm glad chewbacca isnt a puppy as previously speculated

25. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Has everyone seen that Temura Morrison is confirmed for Episode III? As a clone? Or for a cameo? Or..??

Yes I read that earlier tonight. Great news.

Personally I think he will play the role of the older clones. He will also provide their voices.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.