main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

RE: After the D trailer, should this forum disallow all new information on AOTC?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jazzatola, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jazzatola

Jazzatola Jedi Grand Master star 1

Nov 16, 2001
    I posted yes.

You may not believe it but I've been using these boards since 1998. I was posting under a different name back then and I've never been that regular a poster but these boards were a sanctuary safe from the media blitz in the weeks before release. I remember how tough it was staying away from new info before TPM - it would be great if we had somewhere to hide out until the big day in May.

2. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I voted yes, even if I already thinks that this forum is too spoiled, from what I've heard if you see some of the toys and discuss them you could just as well have read the spoilers from the starts. It would be nice not having them discussed in here.

3. Oakessteve

Oakessteve Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 9, 1999
    I voted yes, as probably after the final trailer is released, it will be very easy for those who have tried to hard to avoid spoilers, to be hugely spoilt about the events of Attack of the Clones, and as so many people have gone this far without being spoilt majorily, it would be a shame to have it suddenly ruined for them a few weeks before the release of the film. At least that's what I think!

4. hew

hew Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 1999
    I voted yes, but with a few exceptions. Like the poster - it's probably not going to reveal anything more than the trailers, so let people discuss it - but in one thread only. cb already mentioned doing this for a toy discussion thread. If you compartment certain discussions into a single thread and keep them there then people can decide for themselves if they want to read it or not.

5. PruneF8ce

PruneF8ce Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Yes, but do post the first sign of the official poster please.

6. Jedi Without a Cause

Jedi Without a Cause Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2000
    I voted yes, though I also wouldn't mind to see the poster discussed. Similarly though, I won't mind to see it NOT discussed as long as we can talk about this upcoming/last trailer.

-JWAC

7. Mace Windy

Mace Windy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 3, 1999
    Save the official poster, I vote yes.

:cool: Mace Windy,
    windier than the signature feature!

8. Emperor_Dan

Emperor_Dan Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 1999
    I voted "No", but now that I think about it, I vote the third choice, and those spoiler things anything EXCEPT for The Official Site. Absolutely nothing from any other source.

9. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Still can't make up my mind if I should download and watch it or not.

10. Malthus

Malthus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 31, 1999
    OMG, people. If you're THAT concerned about avoiding spoilers brought on by official releases of the trailer, then I suggest you don't come here. I mean, if discussion of them and such is too touchy, then just wait til the movie comes out. I don't mean to sound cross or condescending, but really now... it's just not that hard.

Whatever you do, don't stop the discussion on a discussion forum. Jeez. This is just a forum. If your tolerance for any new info concerning the movie is low, then find another web site, or watch a movie, read a book... write something... I'm sure you'll live.

(that's right, I voted no)

11. LtKettch

LtKettch Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 19, 2000
    I voted "Yes" because I think there will just be too much stuff coming out that could be considered spoiler. I'd rather just play it safe. Although, I agree with the other people who said we should have a poster discussion thread. Other than that, no new info.

12. Darth-Mouth

Darth-Mouth Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 1999
    I'll also say yes, save the official poster, which should be arriving soon.

This would include, I presume, magazine articles (and there will be many), official site updates on aspects of design and filming (including the last two "Making Of" videos we expect are coming) and all interviews with the cast members leading up to the film.

It'll be a tall order for the admins.

13. ElfStar

ElfStar Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 24, 2001
    I voted no. I believe we should at least be allowed to have threads discussing TV spots.

14. GasCabbie

GasCabbie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 28, 2001
    I voted yes. The other people who did put up a more convincing debate! ;)

15. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    I voted yes. I'm made very uncomfortable by the increasing amount of information that's being given away by the OS. And incidentally, not a one of my socks made it in here, so you can rest assured that the fact that my preference seems to be well in the lead has nothing to do with my ability to register more names in one day than the average person has fingers and toes. :p

16. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    OMG, Malthus:

If you're THAT concerned about the possibility of the dissallowment of the "spoilers" brought on by official releases of the trailer, then I suggest you don't come here. I mean, if discussion of them and such is so interesting, then just find another forum with differnet rules. I don't mean to sound cross or condescending, but really now... it's just not that hard.

Whatever you do, don't make the majority of the forum members uncomfortable with official spoilers. Jeez. This is just a forum. If your tolerance for any new info concerning the movie is this high, then find another web site, or watch a movie, read a highlighted section of TFN text... write a spy report... I'm sure you'll live.

(that's right, in order to have a non-spoiler forum, you need two things: members, and the lack of spoilers. It is obviously up to our members to decide what they will and will not allow to be considered a spoiler. You may not like it, but if you had it your way, this could be a very lonely forum for you to post upon.)

17. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    Ah, true and truer. Look at the results of the poll. If Malthus has his way, he'll be one of about three people who will still be willing to visit this board. [face_laugh]

18. Malthus

Malthus Jedi Master star 4

Mar 31, 1999
    I'm sure you think that's pretty clever, there, you two. Real nice. Except there's a problem. What you call spoilers is WAY off the deep end.

My GOD, people. If I'm not mistaken, we're talking about disallowing discussion of the OFFICIAL information being released on AotC. And now we have a movement that's going in the direction of saying that we can't post about new official LFL material here? What the hell?

I am spoiler free, meaning I only know of officially-released stuff (damn little of that, even), I don't go read spy reports, or steal information from LFL, I don't go to the spoiler forum (that forum is rife with misinformation and rumor and half-truths anyway), etc, and I gotta say that it would be pretty damn lame of the JC to disallow discussion of officially-released material in this forum.

That's why I think some of you need to freakin loosen up when it comes to new info. If it's just that important to you, there needs to be a forum created just for discussion in the manner you seem to advocate. An information vacuum forum where you don't have to worry about what's inside the latest trailer or what came up on the StarWars.com web site.

The definition of spoiler I get from so many here is quite amazing: it's incredibly subjective and completely open to interpretation, and varies from person to person. To turn around and make a forum rule out of it is foolish at best. It destroys the spirit of this discussion forum.

As I've said before, you want a definition of spoiler that won't waver with the time of day or the temperature in the room? Spoiler: information released on starwars.com or other Lucasfilm information release. That's pretty simple, though I'm sure someone here will be determined to reply and make it more difficult than it should be.

And if that's still too much information for you, then it's time we create a separate forum so that people who aren't trying to steal info or go looking for information Lucas hasn't released yet (people like me) can chat here without having to worry about having discussed an "improper" part of the official trailer.

EDIT: let me know if I misunderstand what we're talking about disallowing... I'd hate to get all pissed off about the wrong thing :)

19. Pimp_Clone

Pimp_Clone Jedi Youngling

Oct 28, 2001
    The Pimp Clone would like to cast his vote to lower the drinking age in the NS forum to 14.

20. Dark Lady Mara

Jun 19, 1999
    It wasn't intended to be clever, Malthus. Look at the numbers for yourself.

21. Vaders_leash

Vaders_leash Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    I voted "no", but I suppose the rules here really should become stricter so that the mods, admins, and the rest of the unspoiled members can have their unspoiled fun. After all, this game will come to an end in May of 2005. Soak it up.

22. Mace Windy

Jul 3, 1999
    You know, this may be the first time that Mara and I are on the same side of an argument....

23. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    I voted 'yes' b/c might spoil the movie. I'm not taking that chance. [face_plain]

24. Harlowe Thrombey

Harlowe Thrombey Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 19, 1999
    I voted no, but what would be the policy on the book? That is the ultimate spoiler, and it is definitely official, but that would definitely have to be disallowed right? I think we have to allow some level of discussion on official things. At some point we have to draw a line and say, okay if you don't want to be spoiled by these small details, then don't come here.

25. Beowulf

Beowulf Jedi Master star 5

May 28, 1999
    Personally, no information about the trailers should even be allowed here at all. Or anything from the official site. Because I haven't looked at anything on the OS at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.