main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Is the Emperor really dead?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by LANDO_ROCKS, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Emperor's Throne Room being filled with lava would have been awesome to see.

darklordoftech likes this.
  2. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    Latino Review is promising another huge scoop for tonight.

Darth_Pevra likes this.
  3. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

They'll keep making up scoops because it gets them traffic and ad dollars.

4. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003

Nikki Finke hates geek related films and hates fans but it doesn't make deadline NOT the very most accurate casting source.

5. garrwars

garrwars Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 31, 2011
    I don't think it's true that Palpatine will return as a Force ghost, and I'll tell you why. To me the whole point of RotS & really the whole saga, after that piece of the puzzle was put in, is that eternal life is only through the good side of the Force. Anakin tried to save Padme' through the dark side and couldn't. After he left the Jedi is when Yoda and Obi-Wan discover the key. Me, being a religious person, it makes sense. Acts 4:12 "Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." Lucas himself even thought about bringing in dark side Force ghosts into the Mortis trilogy of TCW but luckily changed his mind, realizing that would break the rules he had already set up.

Echo Base likes this.
  6. the_sinister_hologram

the_sinister_hologram Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 3, 2012

Good is a point of view.

7. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

Which at one point Lucas said would be the focal point of the ST.

Echo-07 and darklordoftech like this.
  8. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

Nikki Finke has a $1 million a year salary and doesn't rely on click baiting to make money.

9. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I feel like Palpatine returning as a force ghost is just to bland of an idea.

10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012

See, why I can see the logic that Palpy Force Ghost is a cheat of the true way that only the good Jedi one with the Force were able to live forever, however, there is a way to make the Palpy Force Ghost like this tortured, evil, rage-filled spirit who is being punished for his transgressions, basically the afterlife / netherwolrd really, really, really sucks. It's certainly not as pleasant as Obi-Wan / Yoda / Anakin / Qui-Gon seem to have it. But also it's good drama that Palpatine is So Damn Evil that he's even able to somehow still be a threat from beyond the grave. But that its a really unpleasant state that he's in.

11. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

By "stretching" the Star Wars story out to 3 more movies, you run the risk of cheapening some aspect of the PT and OT. We don't yet know what it is but there is bound to be some backlash.

Take the lightsaber for instance. In the OT it was used several times throughout but sparingly. "Awesome! It's a laser sword that glows kind of like" After the PT, it's less of a big deal because every other scene featured them.

12. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    True man. In a sense no matter what they do they will be cheapening some part of either the OT or PT. Its inevitable

13. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Nah, I still get mesmerized by that beautiful glow and musical hum of the lightsaber. I'm like a cat with a ball of string. =P~

Echo-07, run_luke_run, Dra--- and 2 others like this.
  14. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

I still very much enjoy the elegance of the weapon but it's not as big of a deal for me by the time I finish ROTS.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. Immortiss

Immortiss Force Ghost star 5

Mar 10, 2013
    Yes, that is a risk, but there is also an opportunity to enrich the OT and PT, too.

16. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

What does Fleming make? Or the guys at Heat Vision Blog? The fact of the matter is fanboys can get iffy about mayimbe if they like. However I remember when Latino Review was dropping legit scoops and script reviewsbefore anyone. Simply put they had really solid sources and still may. One PLanet Hulk scoop busted and a decade's worth of almost 100% accuracy is apparently erased. Take it with a grain of salt (as I do most things) but the one thing I won't do is pretend like he hadn't built up a rep with a ton of legit scoops.

klooney likes this.
  17. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998
    Fleming probably doesn't make as much as Finke, but it's easily over $70k a year. Heat Vision is the LA Times and they're paid VERY well.

Latino Review was wrong about Avengers 1 also. They did a whole video claiming that the villains in Avengers 1 would be Extremis, which obviously wasn't true. Then they said Iron Man would fly off into space at the end of Iron Man 3 and meet the Guardians of the Galaxy, again that wasn't true.

Once their "scoops" are debunked, they delete them from the site so they won't be called out on them.

They also started the whole "Christian Bale in Justice League" stuff, which isn't true either.

18. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Lets not forget the time they hyped up a MAJOR DCU scoop for days only to have it just be something about a Wonder Woman fan vid (and you have no idea how many people that pissed off). Also....one part of the Gosling/Efron scoop was debunked so IDK how much we should trust them. But whatev...even if they aren't legit it at least gives us something to talk about

19. ManaByte

Aug 20, 1998

A fan video they helped produce that they were invested in.

They've just become greedy and are using fake scoops to bring traffic to their site where they beg people to sign up for their mailing list and donate money to Mayimbe's short film. He hyped up his big SDCC party he put on, but if anyone wanted a ticket they had to donate something like $150 to his movie kickstarter.

20. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003
    They reviewed the script to Batman Begins a solid year before it's release. They called Ledger as Joker before anyone reported it. They stated Thanos was pulling Loki's strings in first draft of the Avengers, which is something Whedon confirmed when he said he scaled down Thanos in his draft. They do have a track record. What I am saying is people are acting as if we have ZERO reason to even entertain the report. I remember AICN reporting the synopsis of Episode III and many people saying the same thing (they've been wrong plenty, there's no way the villain would wield 4 lightsabers) but they were right. I'm not saying that you should take this rumor to the bank just that whether people like the source of it or how they operate, that it may well be in fact valid.

21. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

To be fair I've heard his comic con parties are crazy good and sort of hard to get into.

22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    It seems as though many rumors *in regards to EL maybe* are like this: If its a rumor we like then we trust them and defend them. If its a rumor we hate we brush it off and go "UGH. They have no credibility. Their track record is soo terrible". Also another thing I wonder is why we talk soo much about rumors about the OT3 or any returning character yet whenever we get rumors about the new cast *that Meyer dude, Efron, Gosling, Noble, heck even the casting call ect* we talk about it for like a couple hours at most and then we mostly stop. Its just interesting.

Darthsuggs likes this.
  23. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Well, this is a tough situation.
    If the ST features the known elements of the Saga (and builds and expands upon them) people will say that it's "cheapening" those elements through "overuse."
    If it features completely new and never before seen stuff, people will say it has no connection to the Saga and lacks the Star Wars feel.

Eh.

Echo-07, Dra--- and Darth Claire like this.
  24. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Its basicly a Kobayashi Maru (no win scenario)

Echo-07 and The Hellhammer like this.
  25. Darthsuggs

Jul 28, 2003

I agree. I mean also...Gosling's people are going to deny it until everythign is signed (if it was true). I remember Shia Lebouf saying repreatedly he wasn't in KOTCS. He said it'd be a step backwards for him and he was through with those type of roles. I also remember Marion C. saying she wasn't a character she turned out to be in the last Batman and most recently the whole Khan debacle. Actors lie. In regards to that rumor though, had anothwer outlet backed it up I think we'd seen a lot more traction as far as discussion is concerned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.