main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Louisville Bats Star Wars Day

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Relin, Jan 28, 2014.

1. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    I will be there and would be up for meeting before...

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Not a fan of baseball but I like park food and I'm a BIG fan of seeing my friends...if you're there Twisty I'll be there. I've never been to a Bats game so you'll have to lead me/us. Where do I park, what time should I/we get there? (I see gates open at 5PM with game at 6) What gate should we get together at? We would buy our tickets at the gate so we can sit together? Is it all reserved seating or is it like the movies first come first served? Relin have you been before?

3. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    This looks awesome; but I doubt I can make it. I have to finish cleaning my old house that day, to get my deposit that will pay (in part) for the wedding. But, if we get done by 5: Play Ball!

Love baseball! You get your tickets with assigned seating, so if you want to be a group you have to buy them all at once.

4. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    Do you know how to get to Waterfront park? If so, you are practically there. There is a parking lot right next to the stadium, so you can park there.

One thing we have noticed is that the seats are filling up fast. If you know you'll be there, we can go ahead and get the tickets so we can all sit together. I just need to know if your wife is coming as well so we can get her ticket. Also, we can get a ticket for Relin.

Just let me know and we'll work out the other details after I find out about the rest of them. Also, if anyone else is coming, let me know.

5. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Thanks for the ticket offer, count me in. I'll take one for me (the wife has to work) at the Non-costumed price.

6. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Sounds like a plan to me

7. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    We got the tickets for All of us, which is mine, Brandy's, Mika, and Relin. Make sure that the I have your phone number so we can call if needed. Mika, I already have your number. Also, I think we are planning to meet at the front of the stadium. Let me know if you have any questions.

8. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    Appo and I will definitely be there... gotta do the Legion thing when we first arrive, but we'll hook up with you all in the Stadium. See you all there!

9. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    Woohooo!!!!

10. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    What time are we meeting?

11. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    I had the same question Twisty; also can you PM me your phone number as well?
    Zannah, I'm guessing Dar will be there with the Mercs as well? This is turning out to be quite the gathering, let's hope the weather holds.

12. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Just saw a commericial on TV and they're also running a promotion where if you donate a new book you get a hot dog and drink. I'm sure I have an extra new Star Wars book around here somewhere :)

The UPS Store Book Drive
    Presented By The UPS Store locations of Greater Louisville
    Donate any NEW children's book for the The UPS Store - Toys for Tots Literacy Program and you will receive a voucher good for a free hot dog and small soft drink. Donation bins will be located at the main gates

13. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Hey gang... wow they are really stepping up with the charity collections. WOOT! And oh yea Mika, Dar and some Mercs are definitely going to be there. [face_dancing] It's going to be a huge gathering of all us Star Wars peeps for this one.

Relin likes this.
  14. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    We're going to meet at 5:30 by the front gate. I will PM you both my number.

15. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Rain Rain Go Away Come Again Some Other Day

16. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Thus far according the event host, the game is still on for today. The Legion is still making an appearance and both Appo and I will be there.

Our electric was out until a short while ago so was kinda fretting not being able to access updates from the event host and pass them forward. I have contact issues resolved however so no matter what happens I can access information via the phone.

The Force Serve Us and The Creek Dont' Rise.... this thing is still on. [face_dancing]

17. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    I still wanna go, but got to finish some chores first.

18. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    Am watching WLKY 32 news at 11. Showed a bit of Bats game. Chuck was shown in background on the field. Am trying to get footage to show here.

19. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Great time! Thanks so much for taking lead on this Twisty. Was great to spend the evening at the ball park with you, Brandy and Relin. Got to see Dar but never ran into Zannah or Appo. Even if they don't do a Star Wars night next year we should still do a Bats game outing. In fact we should do one away from Star Wars night when half of us are busy entertaining the crowd.
    But judging by the response I'd say a Star Wars Night II is a good bet.

http://www.wdrb.com/story/26125172/slugger-stadium-transformed-for-first-ever-star-wars-night

20. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Well, I hated missing this one. Sunday was just the only day we had to clean my old rental house, and man did it take work. The past two months have been a lot of working: loading, on loading, ect.
    We got done at 7, and while I could have gotten in by then I was just too sore and my back was killing me.

I do vote for a baseball game night.

And twisty, I agree. Miss you bro. I just now got that Jeopardy game if you ever wanna play!

MTFBWY
    Jammies

21. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    Man!! Thanks for the link Mika. We had a great time in the photo op area but were kept there most of the night. We didn't get a chance to hook up with you all and that really sucked.

I'm sorry we missed you guys.. :(

22. mindtwister_138

Jul 19, 2002
    I heard they are already planning next years Star Wars night. I agree with Mika. We should all go to one of the regular games. Jammies, you're gonna win Jeopardy, but it will be fun....lol. Miss you too bro. We are gonna have to hang out as soon as I'm in a position to do so.

23. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
  24. Lord_Zannah

Sep 4, 2012
    I won't be the PR Officer for the MidSouth Garrison next year... I don't care if I'm asked, the answer will be no. I've worked my backside off and this last troop was murder. Appo and I were worked like we were being payed big money.

We were there for five hours total and only had one short 20 min. break to go down stairs and have some water and a piece of pizza.

No more for me.

If we go back to this next year, it will be with you guys. [face_batting]