main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social Get In Line, NSA Edition - A Social Countdown to The Mandalorian and Grogu

Discussion in 'Star Wars: New Films - No Spoilers Allowed' started by mavjade , Aug 2, 2013.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

As I told someone else in another forum, bring your own water.:p

hippie1kenobi and Frank T. like this.
  2. Frank T.

Frank T. Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Water and tp everytime I leave home.

3. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I was browsing Amazon and noticing a long-sleeve shirt that will be good to wear when the weather gets cool again. I bought it to save for later but then it occurred to me that I might wear that when I go see the movie in December (although it is not a Star Wars shirt). Has anyone else been wondering what you will wear?

Other thoughts... also I'm realizing this is before Christmas. I have to make sure I don't make travel plans to visit parents that weekend. While it would be nice to see the movie someplace else and with a parent, they don't like sitting where I like to sit and I can't not be in control of a first viewing.

4. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Where do you like to sit?

5. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    I'll wait to see what the weather's like that day. I'm sure I'll have to wear a shirt and shoes at least.

Dark Lady Mara likes this.
  6. Bobatron

Bobatron Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I like to sit in the front of the stadium seating and in the middle.
    The theater where I usually go, which might not be where I see this the first time, has about four rows on a flat floor, then a walk space behind that and the stadium seating.
    There is a set of two or three seats on the left, then a railing for some reason, then a set of two seats in the middle, then another railing, and another set of two or three seats on the right. I sit there and in the middle because no one can sit by me and no one can ask me "could you move down? I have a bunch of kids" like when I went to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I'm not stuck in a row.

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Not gonna lie... if I can get away with sitting in the supposedly "handicap accessible" privacy seating, I go for it.

8. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    I prefer the very top row, so that you don't have annoying folks talking behind you, etc. Unfortunately, I almost never can convince my friends or my brother to do this, for they prefer to sit in the middle of a theater. :p

Frank T. likes this.
  9. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    So, with the livestream from Celebration being in the evening here, I have an awesome evening planned out. My roommate is out of town, so I'll be ordering Thai food, drinking a beer, and watching the show, without anyone bothering me :D

10. Forbidden Island

Forbidden Island Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 23, 2015
    murphy's law.

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    [face_talk_hand]

Darkslayer and Forbidden Island like this.
  12. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    It's 11:30 here, so I'm sticking to coffee, but similar plans for me as I get ready to watch the stream.

Half an hour until we're live...

13. Jedi_Jade-Skywalker

Jedi_Jade-Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2000
    Does anyone know where to find the live stream? I've looked at starwars.com and the Celebration site, but I can't find anything.

14. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999

I'm still not very good at the BB code on these new boards, so can't copy and paste the link without it turning into an embedded video, but you can right click on that to find the URL.

The timer keeps resetting - what a tease - but it currently says 10 minutes to go.

15. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    So, like 40 minutes left (sorry Mara, your time seems to have been wrong). Here I'm thinking... tonight, are we gonna see Luke, Leia and Han for the first time since 1983? That's a bizarre thought (though of course, I wasn't even alive in 1983 - but you know what I mean :p ).

The hype is on!

...and the Thai food is delicious.

EDIT: this is the video I'm looking at:
    It says 10am PST - which is in just under 40 minutes.

16. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Well the way this morning has gone at work I can expect the network to go down in about 6 minutes or so.....that or someone will interrupt my lunch break and try to make me do work.

17. DarthTunick

Nov 26, 2000
    Given the crashes today for merely the 2nd teaser trailer (but wow, what a teaser!), when TFA is released in December, we should all be prepared for the boards to be down until the new year. :p

Darkslayer likes this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Here's optimism: the crashes were not as bad as they were on Black Friday with the first teaser.

And to think I was on dial-up for all but the last PT movie...

Oh, hi everyone. :) I've been neglecting this social thread.

EHT likes this.
  19. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Hiya. There's just not enough of us spoiler free crazies to keep this place jumpin', I guess.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  20. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Somebody's been watching Interstellar :p

Forbidden Island likes this.
  21. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    I was surprised to see that the next Celebration is next year already!
    And it's in London - I can fly from where I live to London in a couple of hours, quite cheaply. And it happens to be on, and around, my 30th birthday.

It looks like I'm going to Celebration next year :D

Darth Tunes likes this.
  22. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    What month is it next year?

23. TCF-1138

Sep 20, 2002
    July 15-17

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    This thread needs a bump. One month since the last activity. :D

Also... DarthWilliams : Are you still here, or are you too busy on Twitter? :p

25. Frank T.

Sep 2, 2012
    Seeya next month!:p

Pensivia, Bail B. Baobab and EHT like this.