main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

One With The Stars (JA OBI/QUI ANGST)*** DEDICATED TO THE CREW OF THE COLUMBIA

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Padawan_Jess_Kenobi, Feb 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Author: Padawan Jess Kenobi
    Title: One With The Stars
    Rating: JA angst, (Obi and Qui)character death
    Feecback: YES!!!!

Author note: This fic is not intended to be very detailed or good, and is in fact one of my worst. I just felt I had to honor the 7 astronauts somehow, and I am sad that this is the best that I could produce in a short amount of time. This fic is to honor the 7 astronauts that were killed on the Columbia. I dedicate this short fic to NASA, the families of the 7 astronauts... and lastly, to the heroes themselves. Rest in Peace.******

"Please be careful, Obi-Wan." Qui-Gon looked pleadingly at his twenty-three year old apprentice.

Obi-Wan looked back at his Master. "I'll be fine, Master. Don't you trust me?" he asked.

"Of coarse I do, padawan," Qui-Gon answered, "I'm just worried, Obi-Wan. I don't want you to get hurt."

Obi-Wan gave his Master a reassuring smile and strapped on his pilot's helmet. The Council had decided that he was old enough to start his first solo-mission. Obi-Wan was to explore a nearby planet that was rumored to be holding an innocent princess hostage. Qui-Gon desperately wanted to accompany his padawan.

It wasn't that he didn't trust Obi-Wan, in facct he was very proud of his padawan's abilities, its just that he was worried something might happen and he wouldn't be there to help Obi-Wan.

Obi-Wan grabbed some gloves and walked over to the star ship. "I'll see you soon, Master. May the Force Be With You." He gave a deep and respectful bow.

Qui-Gon answered back softly, "And with you, padawan."

Obi-Wan smiled and got into the small craft. Qui-Gon involuntarily tensed up. It only takes an hour to get there. Nothing could happen in that short of time. He watched as the ship departed, and his eyes stayed with it until it was out of sight. Qui-Gon sighed and walked into the Jedi Temple.

Obi-Wan was a wonderful pilot, one of the best in the Temple, but he had to admit that he was nervous. He never had a solo-mission before. Aw, quit worrying, a voice in his head said, everything will be fine.

An hour later, Obi-Wan found himself on the planet of Ranyonx. It was a small, war torn planet. Their was minimal grass, mostly gravel. There was not a very friendly atmosohere.

Obi-Wan did his necessary questioning and investigations, but it lead to nothing. The princess was not there. The rumor was wrong, it had been proved by several sources. Obi-Wan sighed, and he commed Qui-Gon.

His Master picked up immediately, and looked very relieved to see his apprentice. "Hello, Master," Obi-Wan greeted a smile escaping his lips, "the investigation was fruitless, Master. The Princess is not here."

Qui-Gon looked steadily at Obi-Wan, "Alright, Obi-Wan. Depart for Coruscant as soon as possible, I'll let you inform the Council of this when you arrive. I'll see you soon, padawan."

Obi-Wan nodded and turned off the comm unit. He walked steadily back to the ship and climbed in. Soon he was in orbit, heading home.

Qui-Gon turned off his comm unit. He leaned back into his chair and let his head drop onto the head rest. He had this bad feeling that he couldn't explain?

Qui-Gon glanced at his chronowatch, anxiousness overtaking him. He started to unprofessionally fidget in his chair. He sighed and got up. He started to pace around.

Obi-Wan looked at the ship's map. He was approxiamatly ten minutes away from the Temple, and he could see it although it looked pretty small. A feeling of danger came over him, and he barely had time to react, when red buttons started flashing frantically in front of him. Subtly, the heat in the craft started to rise.

Obi-Wan tried to control his uprising fear, but he had a hard time dampening it. He struggled to repair the ship, but everything he tried to do was failing. It was starting to get very hot inside the space ship, and Obi-Wan couldn't do anything about it.

He knew his doom was unavoidable.

He knew there was nothing he could do about it, so he took out a datapad and bega

2. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    :_| bloody brilliant!!

I loved this fic!! It's a terrific way to remember those we lost, may they rest in peace

3. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    Jess that was really good. :_| And not only was the fic good but the thought behind it was really nice. I'm proud of you for thinking to do a little piece like this.

4. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Arwen-Jade_Kenobi:Thank you. That was my initial intention for this fic.

Huntress:Thanks, Huntress. I wouldn't think that the fic was good, just the idea. Thanks.

UP

5. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    *sobs*

This was such a nice idea...and so sad! :_|

6. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000
    Beautiful. Thanks so much for writing and posting it.

Obi

7. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Femal_obi_wan: Thanks a lot!! I'm glad you appreciated the idea.

Obi the Kid: Thank you for posting this? No, thank you for reading this. I'm happy that you like it :)

8. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Just a shameless up :D Anyone else interested?

9. messicat_kenobi

messicat_kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    Oh my goodness, that is so beautiful. A moving tribute to a very tragic event.

:_|

From one Jess Obi fan to another :)
    messicat

10. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    messicat_kenobi: Thank you. I appreciate your feedback. :) Oh, is your name Jess, too?

11. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Yup, another one of the many Jess's there are, most popular baby name for how many years!

I haven't read any JA stuff before, but this looked interesting, so I read it and now I'll read your other stuff too :D

12. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Lol, yup, I've met a lot of Jess' on this board ;)

I'm glad you liked it. I haven't read any JA stuff before, but this looked interesting, so I read it and now I'll read your other stuff too :D - Can I hold you to that? 8-}

13. messicat_kenobi

May 24, 2002
    Yeah, just give me time and I shall :D

14. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Nov 20, 2002
    Really? Thank you so much! I really would appreicate whenever you have time if youi would read some of my fics. :)

15. Renton Kenobi

Renton Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2000
    *Sobs uncontrollably*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.