main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Dark Legacy ::Fate:: Part II Grand Finale 1/10 and Epilogue:: AU Epi III:: ObiWan, Dooku, A/P::

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by tangled_sphere, Jan 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tangled_sphere

tangled_sphere Jedi Master star 4

Dec 28, 2003
    Title: Dark Legacy
    Author: tangled_sphere
    Timeframe: Immediately after AOTC
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Dooku, Palpatine, Anakin and Padme.
    Summary: An alternate universe after AOTC. Lord Tyranus spares Obi-Wan's life, despite the orders of Sidious. What are his intentions and his plans for the Jedi? Not telling! You have to read it! ;)

Disclaimer: This is a fan fiction and no money is being made. Thank you George for creating such a fun world for us to play in! Also I have to acknowledge Kevin Anderson and his work on Tales of the Jedi which I have interspersed bits and pieces throughout this story.

This starts as Sidious greets Lord Tyranus. No spoilers, I'm staying away from those! Happy New Year!

Dark Legacy

"Welcome home, Lord Tyranus." The quiet of the forgotten industrial sight seemed unreal after the fight at Geonosis. Count Dooku bowed his head, greeting his Master in person after so many long months on that god-forsaken planet. "You have done well...." Sidious regarded his apprentice warmly. "Everything is proceeding as planned." His words echoed down the long hall, portents of so many possibilities.

Count Dooku let his thoughts become quiet in the presence of his Dark Master. Elation swirled from his Master, as the small patient nudgings of the last ten years were finally coming to fruition. The Senate was now, whether they knew it or not, under the direct control of the Dark Lord.

"You still have a large part to play, my friend, " Sidious walked beside his apprentice to the innermost recesses of the industrial building. Count Dooku admired the artifacts that filled the old industrial hall and stopped briefly, picking up the hilt of a smooth ancient dagger beckoning from the wall and feeling its weight in his palm. He looked up to see his Master thoughtfully contemplating the Coruscant skyline.

Sidious beckoned his apprentice to his side. "Did you sense the disturbance in the force, my friend?"

"Yes, my lord." said Dooku, looking knowingly at Sidious. "You were quite right about Kenobi's young padawan."

Sidious nodded, amusement crossing his face. "The Jedi were very conceited to think that they could train one with such power." His eyes penetrated Dooku, "Though I do wish, my friend, that you had disposed of Kenobi."

"It was not without trying, my Lord.? A fleeting memory of the power he had wielded flowed through him and he flexed his hand involuntarily. ?Obi-Wan was saved by your own Jedi padawan."

Sidious smiled, "It was only a matter of time before the young Jedi begins to understand what power is at his command. Kenobi's training," Sidious paused, " has been less than adequate,? His gaze became somber, ? Soon, very soon, his life will be made forfeit and you, my dark friend, will be pivotal in my plans."

Count Dooku lowered his head, keeping his thoughts very quiet...

Sidious looked over at Dooku, his eye's gleaming, " Kenobi, a shame to Qui Gon's teachings and your legacy."

The mention of Qui-Gon, made Dooku lose his calm facade for a fleeting second. Impatience with his Master's new obsession came quickly to the surface. "Indeed, my Master, there are other important matters that demand my attention right now.

?Yes,? Sidious seethed the word. ?The trade federation will need your masterful leadership. But first, the force demands your service, Lord Tyranus. ? His face and voice showed there would be no further discussion.

Count Dooku lowered his head. "All you have promised has come to pass, my Master.?

Sidious' tone became very quiet and Dooku had to lean in to hear him, "Very soon what you desire most, my Apprentice, will come to pass. But first, certain tasks must be accomplished. I am giving you the life of Kenobi."

"He will be dealt with, my Master." Dooku took a sharp breath, knowing that his Master's decision was final.

"I will leave that to your discretion, Lord Tyranus." Sidious turned away from the darkening skyline. "The hour grows late, and now, a well deserved rest, my old friend."

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Good setup for more confrontation. It is interesting that Sidious is so enamored of the thought of killing Kenobi. And yet Dooku has spared his life.... I wonder why. Yoda was right to keep Obi-Wan away from Dooku. Hopefully, Obi learned his lesson and heals before he jumps into the fire again.

3. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    Very interesting!!

But I sense that my Master is wrong. You still have a use.?

I'm very curious to find out what Dooku is up to.

I liked how you had Obi-Wan go to Qui-Gon's home. It shows the importance his master had, and still has, on his life.

4. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Thank you for commenting Diane and Gina.

I wanted to see more between Obi-Wan and Count Dooku because of the fact that Dooku was Qui-Gon's master and that I feel there is a definite link there.

Diane, I was thinking of writing more on why Sidious wants Kenobi dead and the consequences of Count Dooku's actions and why he wants to spare Obi-Wan.

Gina, thanks for your thoughts. Being my first fic I was really nervous. I hope to clarify Dooku's motivations in my next post. Thanks again you two!

5. JediSenoj451

JediSenoj451 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 24, 2001
    Wow. I liked the start! This first post sets up so many questions?

Count Dooku lowered his head, keeping his thoughts very quiet...

Why does he need to keep his thoughts quiet? What is he planning? Does he want to overthrow Sidious and train Anakin himself?

?No trick, Obi-Wan. Right now I have snipers pointing their weapons at these two. I have only to speak into this comm.,? he paused, ? and your padawan will be dead.?

How did he find out about the couple and have them cornered?

?I should kill you,? said Dooku placing his saber at Obi-Wan?s neck, ?But I sense that my Master is wrong. You still have a use.?

What exactly have Dooku and destiny planned for Obi-Wan?

Great suspense! I can?t wait until the next post to find the answers! :D

~*Senoj*~

6. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Thank you Senoj!

I appreciate your comments! Count Dooku fascinates me, and he definitely has more planned for Obi-Wan.

I hope to post the next one soon. :)

7. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    That was great.

The characters' dialogue was very realistic, and I liked the conversation between Dooku and Obi-wan.

8. RKMeibalane

RKMeibalane Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2002
    This looks like it's going to be a good one. Keep up the great work!

9. PadawanofQui-Gon

PadawanofQui-Gon Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2003
    yes, yes. very interesting indeed.

10. LuvEwan

LuvEwan Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2002
    Wowza. [face_shocked] That was certainly a stirring opener! Great description and word choice, tangled_sphere. I too enjoy Dooku and this looks very promising...of course, the inclusion of Obi-Wan helps a little. 8-} Can't wait for more.

11. Obi-Wan21

Obi-Wan21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2002
    This is good! I wonder what Dooku has planned for Obi-Wan.

12. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Part two takes us to Naboo...

Anakin awoke in darkness, having the hazy feeling of a drug-induced stupor. His thinking was fuzzy and his vision slightly blurred. He reached over in the darkness to feel for Padme but his hand came around to rest on an empty, cold bed beside him. Padme had been there only moments before. But it had been light out when they had embraced and he had closed his eyes for only a moment. He sat up quickly as his eyes adjusted to the dark and he grasped his head. He had to break free of this haze and think clearly. He extended his force senses around him and could not sense Padme at all. A sense of panic overcame him and he tried to calm himself as he climbed out bed and dressed hastily.

Looking back over the day, Anakin had felt a sense of anxiety, as if someone was watching his every move. He had chided himself that his own paranoia was ruining one of the best days of his life. It still felt unreal, exchanging vows with Padme. It had been a dream come true, but the feeling of unease had never left completely, and now, here in the spacious palace room, Padme was nowhere to be found. Anakin cursed as he searched desperately around him.

No outward signs of struggle could be found, but a small echo in the force could be felt by the stone entryway. She has struggled here, he thought with a knowledge that could only come through the force. His Padme was suffering somewhere outside, beyond his reach. A sense of powerlessness overcame him.

His first thought was to get his Master, Obi-Wan, and go after her, but a sudden thought stopped him in his tracks. Obi-Wan will not approve of this, he knew within himself that it was true. The Jedi cannot know of his union with Padme. But there was one who never failed or judged him. One who had guided him since he left Tatooine, ten years ago. He knew the only one who could help him. His thoughts went strongly to Coruscant.

Supreme Chancellor Palpatine heard the hum of the lift coming. So near, he thought. Obi-Wan was coming to him, prompted by the Jedi Council. So many possibilities went through his mind. He looked down at the holonet on his desk and remembered Lord Tyranus coming back to him the night after sparing Obi-Wan?s life. Sidious had been angry and thought briefly of punishing his Apprentice. ?He has potential,? Tyranus had told him, unmoved by his anger. ?Potential to destroy all our plans, ? replied Sidious. There had been a dark, uneasy silence until Lord Tyranus revealed his plans to his Master. Lord Tyranus had assured him, that Obi-Wan would be dealt with soon. As he watched his Apprentice reveal his innermost thoughts, Sidious could not help but think, He has learned his lessons well. The vibration of lift doors clanging in the distance brought him out of his reverie. As he felt Obi-Wan?s presence coming closer, he said quietly, ?Destiny is coming.?

Palpatine sat behind his desk, his thoughts collected as Obi-Wan made his way into the hall. ?Greetings Master Kenobi,? he spoke, ? what do I owe this honor??

?The council has asked me to speak with you, Chancellor.? Obi-Wan always felt uneasy around politicians and he could feel Palpatine?s eyes on him as he stiffly stopped before the desk and bowed his head.

Palpatine nodded his head in return and spoke, ?I was sorry to learn of your injuries in the war.? Palpatine lowered his voice and was pleased to see that Obi-Wan came nearer to him to hear his words. ?Your sacrifices are deeply appreciated.?

Obi-Wan again bowed his head. ?Thank you Chancellor. I?m afraid I bring you bad tidings for the Jedi efforts in the war.? Obi-Wan could not help but feel a moment of hesitancy. He did not want to expose the weaknesses of the Jedi Council. He looked expectantly at the Chancellor.

Palpatine gave a look of mild surprise, ?What could be troubling the Jedi, Master Kenobi? I have heard rumors, of course. ? He watch

13. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Obi-Wan is walking right into a trap!

Evil Palpy!

You really do a great job of building the suspense.

14. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Thanks Gina!

Next post is coming soon and we will find out what Anakin is up to.

Palpatine is so manipulative, but what a fun character.

Take care!

15. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    This is a great fic! I can't wait for the next part!

16. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Tangled - this got a lot more intriguing!!! You're doing a great job setting up poor Obi-Wan. I loved how you've gotten Obi to do what Palpy wants - without any of the Jedi being the wiser. And it's very logically done, too.
    And now Padme is at the mercy of a Sith Lord. I can just imagine that Dooku and Palpy are dueling it out with their manipulations!

Looking forward to more!

17. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Obi-Wan ,

Thanks for your comments! I've been working on the next post, it's too much fun writing about these characters.

(by the way, I like your signature)

Diane ,

I am so glad you liked this part of the story.

More soon!

18. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    I liked the first part about Anakin. It was well described.

As he felt Obi-Wan?s presence coming closer, he said quietly, ?Destiny is coming.??nice.

The conversation between Padme and Dooku was great. They represented good and evil very well.

Keep up the good work!

19. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Keeper of Swords,

I really appreciate all your support! :)

20. Obi-Wan21

Aug 27, 2002
    UP!!!! Hoping for an update!

21. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Thanks for the Up ObiWan21!

I'm stopping my incessent rewriting and posting the next one!

22. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Part Three starts as Anakin embarks on a journey towards destiny...

Darkness was all Anakin could see behind the heavy blindfold that had been placed around his head. The rhythmic hum of engines was all he could hear as he flew with his unknown pilots through the Coruscant night. Sitting back with his head against the wall of the ship, he thought about the long days as he searched for Padme. Hiding from the Jedi and his Master, Anakin had been disguised as a refugee when he sought out Chancellor Palpatine. He was surprised to find that he had been expected.

Anakin recalled Chancellor Palpatine?s chambers the day he came back from Naboo. He did not have to wait long, as his mentor expected his arrival and welcomed him home. ?Our informants are everywhere, my boy,? the Chancellor explained. ?Your coming back to Coruscant is not unexpected.?

?Then you know why I am here?? Anakin took off his headgear that had hidden his identity during his travels from Naboo. He had not slept since the night he lost Padme and his eyes betrayed his desperation as he looked expectantly at Chancellor Palpatine.

The Chancellor shook his head, ?Our sources are not omniscient Anakin. But they do keep track of who is coming and going from Coruscant.? He looked at Anakin?s exhausted face, and beckoned him to sit, ?Please, tell me what is troubling you.?

Sitting back in the ship, Anakin remembered his meeting with the Chancellor in detail. He had explained his new relationship with Padme and her unexpected disappearance. Chancellor Palpatine used all his resources and spent the entire day searching for her, holding back no expense. Anakin took a deep breath as he remembered what the Chancellor had told him that evening: ?Anakin, our informants tell us there may be a link between her disappearance,? he paused to see Anakin?s reaction, ?and Count Dooku.?

This thought was unbearable. Anakin moved his metallic arm that always seemed to react a hair slower than he wanted. Count Dooku would pay for what he had done. Anakin closed his eyes, containing his emotions in the presence of the Chancellor. Padme held against her will. ?He will pay for this.? Anakin said angrily as he stood before Palpatine. ?There must be a way to defeat him.?

The Chancellor shook his head, ?Our informants say he has become very powerful. A bad omen in our war, Anakin. Only a Jedi Master could defeat him.? He paused, and said thoughtfully, ?Unless, there is a way to defeat him with his own power.? Palpatine shook his head, dismissing the thought.

Anakin jumped on this information. ?That?s what I want.? He knew finally what he needed. Something that would take the agony away. He would rescue Padme. ?I will find how he obtained these powers and I will defeat him.? He looked at the Chancellor. ?Can your sources help me?? Anakin had seen the skills of Dooku first hand and wasn?t sure he could risk another face-to-face encounter. He would not lose Padme like he lost his mother. This time he would be prepared and he would rescue Padme alive. He looked at Palpatine with certainty. He knew what he must do.

Palpatine watched Anakin closely, ?Do not try to do this alone, Anakin, you should go to the Jedi and ask their help.?

Anakin shook his head, ?No, I can?t go to them,? he could feel his frustration mounting. ?They won?t understand.? He could barely face the Chancellor. ?They won?t understand what Padme means to me. I must find Dooku.? His last hope stood before him. ?Can any of your contacts help me?? Anakin gazed at his mentor of the past ten years. ?I won?t stop until I find the answers.?

Palpatine had become very quiet. Standing behind Anakin, he nodded his head.

As Anakin felt the blanketed darkness behind his blindfold, he remembered this had been his idea. The Chancellor said his contacts knew of one who could possibly help him but that it would be dangerous and had tried to dissuade him. This person would only see Anakin on his own terms and he would not be ab

23. Keeper_of_Swords

Sep 20, 2003
    Another well written post!

Anakin moved his metallic arm that always seemed to react a hair slower than he wanted?..I like this idea.

Anakin had seen the skills of Dooku first hand and wasn?t sure he could risk another face-to-face encounter. He would not lose Padme like he lost his mother. This time he would be prepared and he would rescue Padme alive. He looked at Palpatine with certainty. He knew what he must do??that was great.

?Your training with the Jedi has come to an end, you will become my Apprentice placing all else in your life aside. As your Master, I will help you in your desire to defeat Dooku, but it will be on my terms and you will do as I tell you to. ? As the figure spoke, Anakin backed away?.nice.

24. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Oh, no! What has Anakin done?!?

Yes, Anakin thought. That is what I want.

Chilling!

Post more soon!!

25. tangled_sphere

Dec 28, 2003
    Thanks Keeper of Swords and Gina!

I wanted to write more about Obi-Wan in this post, but I have a feeling it would have been another month before I posted again.

Thanks for your encouragement! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.