main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Natural Disaster--Qui-Gon's driving test

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by DarthIshtar, Oct 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    "I don't think I've ever encountered this before," the squat man admitted.

"It's a standard medical release," Master Dooku explained patiently. "Duly signed and notarized..."

"The boy seems to be in perfect health," he protested. "His registration indicates no handicaps or preexisisting medical conditions that I should note."

"Correct," Dooku agreed.

"And he's passed all of the standard examinations."

"Correct."

"Then, why should he need a medical release?"

Dooku turned, looking in exasperation at the young man who was grinning sheepishly at his feet. "Padawan, would you like to answer Mr. Sufus' question?"

Qui-Gon approached, finally looking up. "It's a mandate from the Council," he explained. "Since our apartment is our temporary residence and the Healer's Wing is my permanent address, Healer Han'yaie won't let me take the exam unless you are warned that I am a natural disaster."

"Of what sort?" Rufur Sufus asked, a suspicious glint entering his eyes.

"The sort voted most likely to spontaneously combust by the Jedi Council," Dooku supplied.

Rufur Sufus seemed unsure as to whether or not he should take that warning seriously, but at last seemed to decide that the Jedi were in earnest.

"I'll bear that in mind."

Qui-Gon followed him to the speeder that he was to be using for the driving examination and dutifully accepted the object that Master Dooku was extending to him.

"What is that?" Sufus demanded.

"Crash helmet," Dooku said solemnly. "We thought it best to bring one."

In the first hint of humor that either of them had seen from the man, he arched an eyebrow and inquired, "Should I fear for my life?"

"Most likely not," Qui-Gon assured him. "If anyone's going to die, it will be me."

"But you're driving!"

"Yes, but I tend to utterly collapse after the work is done."

"He is rather reliable on that count," Dooku agreed.

Sufus retreated across the seat until he was almost plastered against the door, then nodded to Qui-Gon. "Please activate the engines and pull into traffic, then parallel park between those two Coruscant Constabulary cars."

The exam, by all accounts, could not have gone better, since Qui-Gon was a conscientious driver and a careful student. Sufus seemed greatly relieved to be handing over the authorization for him to receive his license.

"See?" Qui-Gon crowed as he unstrapped. "There was no danger after..."

THUNK.

Dooku leaned over the edge of the speeder to find his Padawan face-down and unmoving on the duracrete. Rather alarmed, he jumped over the side and rolled him over to find Qui-Gon grinning dazedly and fingering a large dent in the crash helmet.

"Well," he surmised, "better safe than sorry!"

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

Qui-Gon approached, finally looking up. "It's a mandate from the Council," he explained. "Since our apartment is our temporary residence and the Healer's Wing is my permanent address, Healer Han'yaie won't let me take the exam unless you are warned that I am a natural disaster."

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

I so needed that...

3. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    [:D] Glad it cheered you up.

4. corellian-jedi

corellian-jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2005
    "See?" Qui-Gon crowed as he unstrapped. "There was no danger after..."

THUNK.

Dooku leaned over the edge of the speeder to find his Padawan face-down and unmoving on the duracrete. Rather alarmed, he jumped over the side and rolled him over to find Qui-Gon grinning dazedly and fingering a large dent in the crash helmet.

"Well," he surmised, "better safe than sorry!"

=D=[face_laugh]=D=[face_laugh]

Nice! Had me giggling to my computer there.

Oh Qui-Gon....[face_whistling]

5. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Enjoyed this little piece:D
    Really liking the world of fan fiction...=D=
    Keep up the good work[face_peace]

6. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, glad this is keeping you happy with fanfic. Thanks. :)

LOL, yeah. If you haven't read the rest of the series (I've done Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan and Anakin so far), you should and you'll realize that something unfortunate happens no matter how good the driver is. And I tried to make this gigglable because poor Layren has pneumonia.

7. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    "It's a mandate from the Council.Since our apartment is our temporary residence and the Healer's Wing is my permanent address, Healer Han'yaie won't let me take the exam unless you are warned that I am a natural disaster."

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That's funny! And he almost knocked himself out too! [face_laugh]

8. lost_jedii

lost_jedii Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Wonderful fic DarthIshtar!! I love imagining the always adult calm and collected Qui as a teenager voted "The sort voted most likely to spontaneously combust by the Jedi Council," !! [face_laugh] I really needed that. So nice to read more about Qui and Dooku in the earlier, mostly happy years :)

9. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Yup. That was the fun part--figuring out what could go wrong after the perfect test. :)

Since this was done for Layren, I did it in her version of Qui-Gon who is always having really amusing mishaps. I think behind every calm and collected adult is the ghost of the kid who was a complete dork!

10. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Eternal Dork reporting for duty! :)

Very funny :)

How was your weekend?

11. padawanlissa

padawanlissa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Very funny[face_laugh]

I really liked it.

12. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    [face_laugh]

that was wonderful!

13. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    That was kriffin' hilarious, Ish! Short but sweet.

14. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    "The sort voted most likely to spontaneously combust by the Jedi Council," Dooku supplied.

[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]:_|[face_laugh]

Great job, Ish! I'm loving this series. Poor Qui-Gon... but at least he performed perfectly, even if he did collapse at the end of it.

Bravo! =D=

Stormqueen

15. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    So Qui-Gon is a walking disaster?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Loved this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

16. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, glad you liked it so enthusiastically.

THe spontaneously combust is so in honor of Layren, who makes me *headdesk* in hysterical laughter every time I read Healer Record of Qui-gon Jinn. Glad you're liking this series. Layren's angling for a Dooku/Yoda one and I'd like that one because Sufus likes to whack people with his walking stick and so does Yoda, so either they'd both be going after Dooku or they'd be duelling each other for whacking rights.

Thanks. :)

LOL, remind you of any of our provoish adventures in that car of yours?

Thanks. Me too.

17. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    [face_whistling]

I can't imagine what you might be talking about. O:)

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Someday, I"ll write about Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Mace trying to get to Yoda's new apartment and getting hopelessly lost and THAT will bear NO resemblance WHATSOEVER!

19. Katieelessar

Katieelessar Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2005
    Ha ha, that made my day! I really needed some itty humor in it.
    And your story was just the remedy![face_laugh]
    Brilliant!

Oh Qui-Gon, Qui-Gon...what will we ever do with you?....

:D

20. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2004

Hilarious! A man who explored the Order of the Whills has always put other?s lives ahead of his...even in his youth.

[quote=LilQui-Gon]"It's a mandate from the Council.Since our apartment is our temporary residence and the Healer's Wing is my permanent address, Healer Han'yaie won't let me take the exam unless you are warned that I am a natural disaster."

That's funny! And he almost knocked himself out too!
    [/quote]

So totally right

[hr]

[quote=Darth Ishtar]Someday, I"ll write about Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Mace trying to get to Yoda's new apartment and getting hopelessly lost and THAT will bear NO resemblance WHATSOEVER[/quote]

pm when you do, K?

[face_applause]

21. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

Ha ha, this was hilarious! [face_laugh]

The Healers wing his permanent residence LOL!
    The crash helmet- [face_laugh]

What a wonderful viggie! [face_laugh]

22. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    Then, why should he need a medical release?"

Dooku turned..."Padawan, would you like to answer Mr. Sufus' question?"

"The healer's wing is my permanent address." [face_laugh]

Let me guess, there's a brass name plate on the door! :D

Thanks for the fun! [:D]

23. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    Wonderful! Simply wonderful! Brightened up my day considerably. The healer's ward as Qui-Gon's permanent address. Excellent. =D==D==D=

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, thanks. Glad it made your day better.

Yeah, pretty much! Great idea for the brass nameplate, I might work that into a later story.

Why,thanks.

25. Mr_Fantastic

Mr_Fantastic Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 5, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.