main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Happy Birthday Obi-Wan (Obi/Ani & a little bit of Qui/AU/Vig)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kestrel_Kenobi, Oct 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    A little something inspired by a recent discussion on the Obi thread about whether lightsabers are waterproof ;)...

Title: Happy Birthday Obi-Wan
    Author: Kestrel_Kenobi
    Summary: AU, Qui-Gon lives (hurray!) Anakin is in his early teens.
    Disclaimer: I do not own any of the Jedi Knights mentioned below (or Padawans for that matter ;) ). Yet.

?What in the Force is going on here?? Obi-Wan stood in the doorway of the apartment he shared with his Padawan a look of disbelief on his face.

Inwardly Anakin groaned he hadn?t expected his Master back for at least another hour. Obi-Wan had been giving his legendary ?ten reasons to waterproof your lightsaber? talk to a group of recently recruited Padawans which normally went on for quite a while.

?I?m waiting,? Obi-Wan had ventured further into the kitchen and stood, arms folded and eyebrow raised looking inquisitively at Anakin.

?Well, um, you see Master,? Anakin began. ?I know it looks a mess, but my intentions were good??

?As they always are,? Obi replied as a flicker of a smile crossed his face. ?But why Padawan are you covered in?? Obi searched for a word to describe the green gunk that covered Anakin from head to foot.

?Ah, well, you see I think I used too much raising agent and there was a slight explosion,? Anakin explained. ?But here Master, I made you this!? He gestured to a big, sticky heap of goo covered in what looked like slime.

Obi peered at the mess on his usually gleaming kitchen table.

?I see,? he mused.

Anakin was beginning to feel like a complete idiot.

?It?s for your birthday!? He suddenly burst out. ?It was supposed to be a surprise.?

Oh dear, thought Obi-Wan. Trying to suppress a grin he turned to Anakin.

?How very?thoughtful of you,? Obi eyed the gloop. ?It looks, um, unusual.?

Anakin?s shoulders slumped and his bottom lip started to wobble.

?It didn?t turn out as planned.? He moaned.

Obi-Wan noticed his eyes were starting to do that puppy dog thing.

?There now don?t get upset,? tentatively Obi put an arm around Anakin?s shoulders trying to avoided the now dried on bits of cake. ?Tell me what happened.?

?Well,? Anakin began. ?Master Qui-Gon gave me this secret recipe.?

?Qui-Gon!? Obi-Wan butted in with surprise

?Yes,? Anakin continued. ?You see I had no idea where to start so I went to Master Windu, only he got cross and told me not to bother him when he was meditating ? even though I told him it was urgent and then I went to Master Yoda and he wasn?t very helpful either.? Anakin paused for breath remembering Yoda?s words; Already know you that which you need.Cake, make it you can young Skywalker. He had been really mad after that encounter.

?Go on.? Obi encouraged sensing Anakin?s sudden anger.

?And then I bumped into Master Jinn and asked him for help.? Anakin started to cheer up remembering how very helpful the older Jedi had been. ?He got very excited and said that you had tried to make him a cake once, do you remember Master?? Anakin asked.

A look of confusion crossed Obi-Wan?s face followed quickly by a sigh and a rush of redness to his cheeks. He closed his eyes as the painful memory he had tried to bury came back to him.

?Master?? Anakin asked confused. ?Are you unwell??

?No young Padawan, not with any curable disease any way.? Obi replied. Sensing Anakin?s confusion he continued. ?Yes, I believe I remember the incident Master Jinn is referring to.?

?You do?? A smile crossed Anakin?s lips. ?Master Jinn said that you had designed the recipe yourself and he had kept a copy of it which was what he gave to me?Only I must have done something wrong because this happened.? Anakin looked round the kitchen once more and noticed that his Master was strangely quiet.

?Are you sure you are well Master?? Anakin asked concerned.

?Mmmm, just reminiscing.? Obi quietly answered. ?I think we?ve both been had.?

?Had?? Anakin queried.

?If I recall correctly the outcome of my cake for Qui-Gon had much the same result as yours.? Obi-Wan

2. Darth_Cleddyfgwregys

Darth_Cleddyfgwregys Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2005
    Lovely little vig, my Padawan.
    So cute. Qui-Gon gets to give his former Padawan a nice dig.
    [:D]

3. Aya-Na_Bashu

Aya-Na_Bashu Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2005
    What a wonderful birthday treat. I was having one of those "I'm getting soooo old" birthdays, and then I read this. It really has cheered me up. Thanks.

Why is it that it seems like half of everyone I know has a birthday today? Hope Obi's turned out better than his cake. [face_laugh]

4. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Qui-Gon, you little devil [face_devil] [face_devil]

Very touching and very funny!

=D= =D==D= =D=

5. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Master - Thank you :D

Aya-Na_Bashu - I'm glad you liked it, thanks for your kind words and happy birthday!

Kelia - I love Qui-Gon's mischievous side, actually I love all his sides! [face_love]
    Thanks for reading.

6. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    Kestrel, that was wonderful!=D= (and my friend that came over to visit just now who is also a star wars fan read it and said it was wonderful too :) )
    Already know you that which you need.Cake, make it you can young Skywalker. [face_laugh] i LOVED that line! neat twist on an old empire line...
    your take on anakin and obi was dead on! you captured what i like about that relationship very well with that kestrel!
    and i LOVE an alternalte star wars reality where quigon still lives!
    great job kestrel! you certainly put a smile on my face with that! :D

7. Darth_Powder_Puff

Darth_Powder_Puff Jedi Youngling

Oct 27, 2005
    Kes! That was so cute! [face_love] I love little moments like that! And I like this AU- this is how it should have been! Can you just see the smirk on Qui Gon's face- no wonder he was excited and so very helpful!

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    First off any fic where Qui survives is good and this one was especially fun to read. Loved that Qui-Gon set them both up for the fun.

9. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Very cute. :D Love the idea of Qui-Gon giving Anakin the recipe to get back at his Padawan. Cool idea.

10. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    ?I see,? he mused.

Anakin was beginning to feel like a complete idiot.

lol that part had me cracking up [face_laugh]

this was an awesome idea!

11. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    Really like this little story:)
    Very cute:D
    Keep up the great work=D=
    [face_cowboy]

12. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    obi_webb - I'm glad you enjoyed this, thanks for your compliments.

Darth_powder_puff - Sis, thanks for reading...I'm glad you liked it.

Healer_Leona - Aw, thanks. I agree Qui living can only be a good thing!

light- - I'm glad this made you laugh...it made me laugh writing it! & thanks for reading.

hyperspace_police - Thanks! Watch this space there may be some more birthday surprises!

13. Darth-Buddy

Darth-Buddy Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 18, 2005
  14. Nienna_Narmolanya

Nienna_Narmolanya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2005
    Aww! How sweet, Kestrel! :) Poor Obi! Anakin's never going to let him live that down...

A nice little snapshot into Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship, free of angst. (Something I can't seem to do...) ;) And Qui-Gon lives! :D

15. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Oh that was way too cute. I'm glad I found your stories today, a great way to start it off.

16. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Darth-Buddy, Nienna and jodiwent...

Wow, I was just checking that this link was working and here you are!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! I really liked writing this one and yes Qui lives....hurray! :D

Thanks for reading.

17. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    that was so sweet I love young Ani Obi stories[face_love]

18. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Sorry for the late reply iLoveAnakin7- I haven't checked this for a while!

Thanks for reading - I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D

19. Wawooot

Wawooot Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2006
    Hee! I love the details & facial expressions... Anakin's lower lip begins to wobble... Fun stuff! Looking forward to reading more of your stories - Obi-Wan is my favorite character too! :)

20. AnakinsFavorite

AnakinsFavorite Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 10, 2006
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    hehehee... very funny!

21. Meredith_Kenobi

Meredith_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    [face_laugh] Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant. [face_laugh]

22. Kestrel_Kenobi

Sep 26, 2005
    Goodness this thing keeps being dug up! lol...:D

wawoot - lol - Thank you [:D]

AnakinsFavorite - Glad you enjoyed it! :)

Meredith - Thanks! [face_batting]

23. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] That was great! I loved it! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.