main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Superman Arrives: (AU SW/Superman Crossover) ***Updated 8/4***

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RX_Sith, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RX_Sith

RX_Sith Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 13, 2006
    Title: Superman Arrives
    Author: RX_Sith
    Characters: Kal-El (Superman), Yoda, other various SW characters
    Timeframe: About 100 Years Before TPM
    Genre: AU SW/Superman Crossover with Kal-El (Superman) crash landing on Coruscant.
    Note: This is a crossover of events that would have happened if Superman had crash-landed on Coruscant in the Star Wars universe. It is in reply to the following exercise from The Parthenon discussion on How to write an effective crossover.

Now for a simple exercise. Write a conversation between a SW character and anyone else from fiction. And I mean anyone. Please make sure to inform us who it is, too. One catch, though. No fighting.

Sounds simple, doesn't it? Hehe...

Disclaimer: Thanks to George Lucas for creating a world I can lose myself in. Also, I do not claim ownership of anything within the official Star Wars universe or DC Comics "Superman".

Superman Arrives

Chapter One: Arrival

"My son, my only son," Jor-El said solemnly, "I am sending you to a world where great feats of the Force are occurring. It is my hope that you can restore peace to their galaxy. My only son."

The red sun of the planet Krypton continues its relentless expansion towards the fragile planets as multitudes of planet quakes erupt. The tiny, crystal-shaped ship lifts off from its secure perch. It rises slowly as watch it break through the glass ceiling sending shards of glass towards the cracked floor below.

Jor-El and his wife Lara barely escape the remnants of the glass raining down on them. But, unfortunately, the planet's surface cracks open with a huge chasm that they both fall in to. They both perish instantly in the deep recesses of the planet Krypton.

It escapes the blue colored atmosphere and treks for open space. Jor-El instructs him on his journey towards the planet Coruscant. It tells him of the Jedi Order, and the history of its constant battle with the Dark Lords of the Sith. It tells him that he is being sent to help the Jedi in their battle. He is instructed to use his powers for good, and to not alter history.

The little ships travels years and years to reach its ultimate destination. It has taken a total of ten years for it to travel the immense distance. The ship enters the atmosphere of Coruscant, blazing in a fiery descent as it crashes near the Creche of the Jedi Temple. A small, green, diminutive creature slowly hobbles towards the wreckage of the craft.

A huge crater is left with a trail about one hundred meters long. A small boy exits the ship with no scratches at all. He is wearing only a red cape with a yellow "S" symbol on the back. The small boy approaches the small, green Jedi Master. They were about the same height as the green Jedi's ears turn upward.

"With me you will come," Yoda instructs, "Great things to learn you will."

The small boy follows the Jedi Master into the Creche of the Jedi Temple. There, the Jedi Master shows him to his room.

"Here, rest you will," Yoda smiles, "Much Force I sense in you, much Force."

The boy was given some plain simple clothing and got into his bed. He fell asleep and rested. He got up the next day and was shown around the grounds by Jedi Master Yoda.

"Learn to use the Force you will," Yoda intones, "Many questions have you will. Answers the Force will provide."

Yoda walked the young child into the classroom. He sat in the front row in the last chair on the right.

"Younglings, attention," Yoda instructed, "Have a new classmate you do. His name is..."

Yoda remembered that he hadn't asked the child his name yet. He turned to the small boy who spoke up.

"Kal-El," he replied, "My name is Kal-El."

"Kal-El," Yoda mused, "Remember that name I will."

Yoda started to teach the younglings in lightsaber tactics. A small metal orb floated about the dim-lighted room. Some younglings had difficulty anticipating the orbs movements. A small laser blast emitted from the orb that

2. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Nice story. Very sweet, and you've managed to crossover my two favourite Sci-Fi characters in one, so that's a bonus. Will there be more soon, I wonder?

-DS

3. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    -Darksaber- posted: Nice story. Very sweet, and you've managed to crossover my two favourite Sci-Fi characters in one, so that's a bonus. Will there be more soon, I wonder?

-DS

Thanks for your compliments and for reading this crossover. I like Yoda and Superman alot as well. Yes, I will be continuing this. I will try to update it weekly. Let me know if you want to be on the PM list and I'll gladly notify you when I update it.

4. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Interesting. I like it. Yoda teaching Superman fits very nicely.

Have you by chance seen the comic Star Wars: Tag & Bink - Revenge of the Clone Menace? It has a little scene that references Superman.

[image=http://images.tfaw.com/common/salestools/previews/swrtb2/swrtb2p3.jpg]

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww...that was very sweet.

I love that Yoda took Kal-El under his wing.

Nice job

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    *Claps* Wonderful, RX! An excellent conversation between Kal-El and Yoda, there, on the nature of the Force.

7. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    princess_of_naboo posted: Interesting. I like it. Yoda teaching Superman fits very nicely.

Have you by chance seen the comic Star Wars: Tag & Bink - Revenge of the Clone Menace? It has a little scene that references Superman.

Yes, I think that Yoda and Superman get along very well together here.

No, I have not seen the scene that you were describing until I read it just now. Interesting take on certain events from Superman's past.

KELIA posted: Awwww...that was very sweet.

I love that Yoda took Kal-El under his wing.

Nice job

Thanks for reading and thinking that it was sweet. I think that for Kal-El, Yoda is really the only one he can relate to because of his size and his wisdom. It's a perfect match.

RK_Striker_JK_5 posted: *Claps* Wonderful, RX! An excellent conversation between Kal-El and Yoda, there, on the nature of the Force.

Thanks for the compliments and for your approval of their conversation RK. I was hoping that I didn't get too carried away with Yoda teaching Kal-El certain aspects of the Force.

8. CodyMonKenobi

CodyMonKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2001
    Oh this is gonna be good. I can't wait for more.

9. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I really enjoyed the start of this. Might I ask for PM updates?

10. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    CodyMonKenobi posted: Oh this is gonna be good. I can't wait for more.

Thanks for reading and thinking that it's a good story. Don't worry, like I said, I'll try to update it weekly.

Healer_Leona posted: I really enjoyed the start of this. Might I ask for PM updates?

Thank you for your compliments and for reading.

No problem, I'll add you to my PM list.

11. Matthew_Wolverine

Matthew_Wolverine Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2002
    That was great. Very well done crossover.

12. SuperSaiyaMan12

SuperSaiyaMan12 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    When will Kal start showing his Kryptonian powers? Coruscant is under an Yellow Sun after all.

13. Darth_Drachonus

Darth_Drachonus Jedi Master star 3

Oct 4, 2005
    To your list, add me, I request yes!

14. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    When it was Kal-El?s turn, he just absorbed the small laser blasts without flinching at all.

Haha! Awesome. :cool: I'd love a PM when you update. I just hope that Nuclear Man doesn't show up, because he scared me. :( :p

15. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Matthew Wolverine posted: That was great. Very well done crossover.

Thanks for reading and for your compliments. I'm glad that you like this crossover.

SuperSaiyaMan12 posted: When will Kal start showing his Kryptonian powers? Coruscant is under an Yellow Sun after all.

Superman has already started to show some of his Kryptonian powers. He destroyed a small metal orb. Don't worry, he'll display more of his powers as this story progresses. He'll even have some that have never been seen before. After all, each yellow sun is different. ;)

Darth_Drachonus posted: To your list, add me, I request yes!

Your request has been granted. To my PM list you have been added. Thanks for reading.

JadeSolo posted: When it was Kal-El?s turn, he just absorbed the small laser blasts without flinching at all.

Haha! Awesome. I'd love a PM when you update. I just hope that Nuclear Man doesn't show up, because he scared me.

Again we are seeing some of Superman's powers here. He absorbed repeated laser blasts, albeit tiny, without flinching at all.

Thanks for your compliments and for reading. You have been added to my PM list as well. I don't think that Nuclear Man will be showing up, he's just a little too reactive. =P~

16. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    Chapter Two: Passion

The younglings all walked into the classroom. Kal-El sat at his usual seat up front on the far right. There was still talk going on of what Kal-El had done the previous day. Kal-El just sat still even though he could hear every word that was being said about him.

?He?s weird,? Feela Dolvek, a green Rodian, said.

?No he?s not, he?s just different, that?s all,? Lana a girl from Alderaan said defensively, ?In fact; I think that he?s cute.?

?Lana and Kal-El, Lana and Kal-El,? Feela teased her.

?Stop that!? Lana said rolling her hands into a fist, ?Or I?ll slug you.?

?Okay, okay,? Feela chuckled, ?I didn?t mean to intricate your feelings for him.?

?That?s it!? Lana shouted as she belted the green Rodian repeatedly.
    Just then Master Yoda hobbled on into the classroom.

?Enough,? he commanded, ?To your seats, Younglings.?

Lana stoppedly.
    Just then Master Yoda hobbled on into the classroom.

?Enough,? he commanded, ?To your seats, Younglings.?

Lana stopped pummeling Feela and sat back in her seat. Yoda waited for all of the younglings to retake their seats. He then mused for a couple of seconds before deciding that it was the right time to commence class.

?The Jedi Code,? Yoda started as he pointed with his gimer stick to the Code displayed prominently at the head of the classroom, ?Today?s lesson the Jedi Code will be.?

He instructed the class to read aloud the Jedi Code.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    There is no chaos, there is harmony.
    There is no death, there is the Force.

After the class had finished reading it, he again paused for effect and then continued his teaching.

?These words and their meaning will you live,? he instructed, ?For one with the Force you all will become when learn their meaning you do.?

?Master Yoda, what must we do to become one with the Force?? Belliam Sho?tey a male Bothan child asked.

?Control your feelings you must all learn,? Yoda replied, ?Then, one with the Force shall you all become.?

?But, how do we learn to control our feelings all of the time?? Belliam queried the Jedi Master.

?Through peace, not emotion,? Yoda stated calmly, ?Through knowledge, not ignorance. Through serenity, not passion. Through harmony, not chaos. Through the Force, not death. Live the Code Younglings, learn to live the Code you must.?

The class dispersed when the bell rang and the classmates pondered the words that Master Yoda had taught them. They all went there separate ways except for Lana and Kal-El.

?I think that you?re cute,? Lana stated to Kal-El.

?Thanks,? he replied.

?That?s it, just thanks?? Lana asked sarcastically.

?Yep, that?s all,? Kal-El smirked.

?Aha, I saw that,? Lana chided.

?Saw what?? Kal-El said trying to hide his smirk.

?You know what, don?t play with me,? Lana teased, ?You wouldn?t want me to slug you, would you??

?No, of course not,? Kal-El replied teasingly back, ?Unless I deserved it.?

?Kal-El!? Lana hollered, ?You?re teasing me.?

?There is no teasing, there is sarcasm,? Kal-El replied jokingly.

?Kal-El!? Lana bellowed, ?Now you?re making up more sayings for the Jedi Code.?

?No, just kidding around, that?s all,? Kal-El stated serenely, ?I?m sorry.?

?It?s alright,? Lana said as she held his hand, ?I still like you.?

?That?s good,? Kal-El replied sarcastically, ?I wouldn?t want to ruin our friendship.?

?Kal-El??, Lana teased, ?You?re doing it again.?

The two classmates strolled off holding each other?s hands. They entered the garden and sat on a bench close to each other. Lana was obsessing over Kal-El while he merely looked at the scenery.

?Kal-El, are you paying any attention to me?? Lana asked teasingly.
    ?Remember, Lana,? Kal-El said seriously, ?There is no passion, there is serenity.?

?Yeah, but I think in your case that they meant senility,? Lana replied sarcastically.

?I?m not senile,? Kal-El replied cooly.

?Could have foo

17. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    Aww, that's sad about Lana. Nice update.

18. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002

[face_laugh] I agree!

Poor Kal-El. :( And I imagine Lana won't be too happy about this. Hope she doesn't go dark side on him!

19. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awww...Lana and Kal-El were so cute.

Curse the Jedi Code!

I'm impressed Kal-El is able to recognize Yoda keeping him apart from Lana is for his own good.

Nice update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

20. kenobiwanobi

kenobiwanobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    nice job with this so far..I really like this idea....:)

21. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005

Lol :D Well said, Mr Kent.

Aww, poor Kal-El, Yoda was a cruel little goblin and sent her to Alderaan. He's being very Winduish.

Lovely update!

-DS

22. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oh not not Lana!! ;) ;)

I'm going to be mean here. As one who couldn't stand the whole on again off again Clark/Lana in Smallville, I'm not too unhappy that she's being booted.

Like others I loved ?There is no teasing, there is sarcasm,? Kal-El replied jokingly.

. :D :D

23. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    princess_of_naboo posted: Aww, that's sad about Lana. Nice update.

Yes, it was a little sad with the relationship between Lana and Kal-El. Thanks for reading.

JadeSolo posted: ?There is no teasing, there is sarcasm,? Kal-El replied jokingly.

I agree!

Poor Kal-El. And I imagine Lana won't be too happy about this. Hope she doesn't go dark side on him!

Yes, I thought that was a great line in this story. Sarcasm should really be what the Jedi Code is based on don't you think. ;)

Yes, Kal-El's heart has been broken. We'll have to see if Lana ever makes a reappearance or not. Dark side Lana would be interesting. Hmm... [face_skull]

KELIA posted: Awww...Lana and Kal-El were so cute.

Curse the Jedi Code!

I'm impressed Kal-El is able to recognize Yoda keeping him apart from Lana is for his own good.

Nice update

Yes, Lana and Kal-El were cute as a couple, it's too bad that then the Jedi Code forbid attachments. Yes, in a way, Kal-El understood where Yoda was trying to get him to understand. Thanks for your compliments and for reading.

kenobiwanobi posted: nice job with this so far..I really like this idea....:)

Thanks for reading. I'm glad that you like it so far. I thought it was a great idea, especially with the new movie out.

-Darksaber- posted: ?There is no teasing, there is sarcasm,? Kal-El replied jokingly.

Lol Well said, Mr Kent.

Aww, poor Kal-El, Yoda was a cruel little goblin and sent her to Alderaan. He's being very Winduish.

Lovely update!

-DS

Yes, I'm starting to give Kal-El some of his tongue-in-cheek replies to certain situations.

Yes, Yoda was perhaps cruel, but the Jedi Code is pretty specific about no attachments, so really he had no choice. Thanks for your compliments and for reading.

Healer_Leona posted: Oh not not Lana!!

I'm going to be mean here. As one who couldn't stand the whole on again off again Clark/Lana in Smallville, I'm not too unhappy that she's being booted.

Like others I loved ?There is no teasing, there is sarcasm,? Kal-El replied jokingly.

Yes, I in a way have to agree. Lana has really never been one of the characters that I liked in Superman, so I wanted her to be in and in a way out of the story quickly.

Yes, sarcasm will get you everywhere! :D

24. obi-gonjinn

obi-gonjinn Jedi Master star 1

Jun 18, 2006
    :D Their are to things in life that I could not live without number one Star wars Number two Superman!!!!face_happy]
    I was going to write a superman , star wars spin off but it seems you beat me to it[face_laugh]
    I can't wait to read more,[face_praying] I love hearing people's own viwes on Superman and this twist has me hooked,
    Are you basing this story on smallville at all?
    I can't wait for more!
    I hope you bring one of the villans from superman and star wars and mush em together! like Darth lexus
    that would be great.[face_laugh]
    I'm not really one for the whole Lana and superman relationship I think that lois and him were always ment to be together but I dooo love it i'ts a great story .
    and I can't wait to read the Jedi's reactions when he starts flying!![face_laugh]
    and when and if he get's his supersuit [face_laugh]

25. RX_Sith

Mar 13, 2006
    obi-gonjinn posted: Their are to things in life that I could not live without number one Star wars Number two Superman!!!!
    I was going to write a superman , star wars spin off but it seems you beat me to it
    I can't wait to read more, I love hearing people's own viwes on Superman and this twist has me hooked,
    Are you basing this story on smallville at all?
    I can't wait for more!
    I hope you bring one of the villans from superman and star wars and mush em together! like Darth lexus
    that would be great.
    I'm not really one for the whole Lana and superman relationship I think that lois and him were always ment to be together but I dooo love it i'ts a great story .
    and I can't wait to read the Jedi's reactions when he starts flying!!
    and when and if he get's his supersuit

I'm glad that you like both Star Wars and Superman. Write your spin off as well. Each story is different. I'm not really basing this on Smallville at all. There will be no mutant people affected by Kryptonite and such. I don't think that I will have Lex Luthor featured at all in this. There are enough Star Wars villians around that can be used.

I'm not into Lana as well as you can tell. Yes, Lois was a much better woman for him. She will eventually make her appearance in this story. I will have certain "Superman" parts featured in this story. Hoping that I don't give away too much of the story, but yes, Superman will still work at the "Daily Planet" with Lois, Jimmy, Perry White, etc.

As to how the Jedi will react to his superpowers, that will be dealt with in the next update. He'll be growing up, getting more and more powers, and that will have to be dealt with. He'll start wearing his supersuit soon.

Thanks for reading and your compliments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.