main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Shadows in the Daylight (Qui/Obi, OC's, Xanatos) AU

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Layren, Nov 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Title: Shadows in the Daylight
    Author: Layren
    Characters: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Xanatos, OC's.
    Timeframe: Obi-Wan is fifteen....maybe.
    Summary: Things aren't what they seem...or are they?
    Author Notes: Well this is the bunny that bit me hard during National Novel Writing Month. I'm working furiously towards getting more finished by the week's end and posting this in hopes that it'll jump start my muse and give me the energy to reach the end. I know I said I was retiring this screen name, but I found I just couldn't get rid of it, and I missed it too much :p I'll be updating with both user names in this thread.

//Obi-Wan?//

The voice in his mind was soft, but urgent. Desperate even. Obi-Wan blinked as he came too, rubbing sleep from his eyes. He thought he had heard his master calling him.

//Master?//

But Qui-Gon was gone, alone on a solo mission. He was staying with his Master?s friend Jabir Carth Reiran while he was away. It had been an emergency mission, but was supposedly going to be a very short trip. He had been recovering from an injury he?d received, so his Master had elected to have him stay with a friend rather than take him along. Surely he couldn?t have heard him. Perhaps he was just dreaming. He glanced at his bedside chronometer. It was three in the morning.

He vaguely wondered what time it was where his Master was and was almost about to drift off again when he heard the call again.

//Obi-Wan!//

He sat bolt upright at the panicked sounding shout. He had never heard his Master sound like that before. The teenager reached back desperately.

//Master?// he called again, louder this time.

There was a pause, then a pain like nothing he?d ever felt inside his mind. He screamed as what felt like white-hot knives dug into his mind, ripping away the bond he shared with his Master. The pain was making him nauseous. It hurt, Force it hurt. How long could he possibly endure this?

It drove deeper still, seeming to tear the very essence of him apart, when it abruptly ended.

He panted for breath, and his mind was dazed dimly by the abruptness of which the daggers had cut off. He reached tentatively for the bond with his master.

Where Qui-Gon?s bright presence had always been in his mind, there was a dark void, a hole in the Force. Numb with disbelief, he realized the only possible explanation.

Qui-Gon was dead.

2. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Qui-Gon's dead? :eek:

The description of the breaking of the master/padawan bond was so sad!

Well, you've got me hooked. If there is a PM list, could be on it?

Keep up the great work!

3. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Do I think this Carth? ;)

No. He's not dead. I don't believe you!

-Krystal

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    The destruction of the bond was great. Loved it.

However, I think Obi is jumping to conclusions but he's a kid. He's allowed.

Where Qui-Gon?s bright presence had always been in his mind, there was a dark void, a hole in the Force. Numb with disbelief, he realized the only possible explanation.

Qui-Gon was dead.

Great job. PM me with updates.

5. jedidas3

jedidas3 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 25, 2007
    :eek: No! You wouldn't do that would you? You wouldn't kill Qui-Gon? Something has to be up...[face_thinking]

Although, the breaking of the bond was evidently very real...Brilliant beginning to this and I definitely want to be added to the PM list. [face_praying]

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Qui-Gon was dead

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

What a way to kick off a story!

I hope Obi-Wan is somehow mistaken...[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

If you have a PM list for this, please add me [face_praying]

Looking forward to more

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Of course Qui is not dead. Silly readers. It's a cliffie.

Great job - please add me to the PM list.

8. Cole_Kenobi

Cole_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2005
    Noooo! Oh, what a terrible way to wake up in the night, worse than a nightmare I might add.

This was very poetically written, had a very nice flow about it. You have got me intrigued! Please, update as soon as you can! Awesome start! Please put me on your PM list, if you have one, thank you!

9. XANl

XANl Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2006
    No! There must be some mistake. Qui Gon, dead.

[face_praying]Please post more soon

10. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Awesome beginning! Although now I'm worried/sad! You can't kill Qui (even if the description from Obi-Wan was well written and heart-breakingly sad) and you've hooked me. If there's a PM list could I be added? Also, awesome writing! :)

11. REALbluelightsaber

REALbluelightsaber Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 11, 2004
    Oh no! Qui-Gon! This is a great start. I'm interested to see where you're going with this.

Can't wait for more!

~Lexie Kenobi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.