main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Courage- Qui-Gon helps a child Obi-Wan out of an embarassing situation. Pre JA- Vignette

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Jan 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Courage
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: 6 years before the JA series.
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Garen, Bant, Reeft, Siri, Bruck
    Genre: Vignette
    Summary: When 7 year old Obi-Wan finds himself in a pickle, Qui-Gon helps him out.
    Notes: Ok, this is a story I've been wanting to write for a long time. It's completely based off one of my real life embarassing moments as a kid. Wookiee bars are my GFFA word for monkey bars. I hope you enjoy this.

Courage

Seven year old Obi-Wan Kenobi looked up at the wookiee bars nervously. For the last several days the young Jedi initiate had been trying to summon up his courage to climb on top of the bars. His friends Garen, Bant and Reeft had no problems climbing on top of them at all, and expected that Obi-Wan would be right behind them. But the thought of actually climbing up there was scary.

?C?mon Obi-Wan, you just have to swing your legs up and let your arms do the rest,? Garen said.

?I?ll try,? Obi-Wan said with a sigh.

?Don?t let Yoda hear you say that,? Reeft said with a grin.

?I know you can do it,? Bant said with a warm smile.

Obi-Wan grabbed the bars and without even thinking about it, he swung up next to Garen.

?See,? Bant commented. ?It was no problem at all.

?Right,? Obi-Wan said, glancing down. Suddenly he felt much higher up than he thought.

?So,? Reeft said. ?How long is it till lunch??

Obi-Wan smiled. ?Always thinking about food.?

?That he is,? Bant commented, and Reeft only shrugged.

?So I saw that one Jedi Master yesterday. You know the one with the long hair.?

?Master Qui-Gon?? Obi-Wan asked curiously. Qui-Gon Jinn was a renowned Jedi Master who everyone always noticed in the Temple, and whose advice you always wanted to listen to. Obi-Wan never really met him, but saw his a few times.

?Yeah that?s the one,? Garen said. ?He was with that Padawan of his.?

Bant frowned. ?Xanatos?He isn?t very nice. He made fun of a three year old the other day, but I don?t think Master Qui-Gon found out about it.?

Suddenly there was a low chiming noise.

?LUNCH!? Reeft declared and quickly swung down from the wookiee bars and rushed off. Bant and Garen took their time but soon made it down. As for Obi-Wan, he froze. He never thought of how he was going to get down. ?Blast,? he thought, growing worried.

Obi-Wan slowly made his way to the edge of the bars, but then he paused. Fear quickly overcame he, he knew that if he tried to climb down he would end up falling. He couldn?t do this, it was too risky. He felt his panic rising and at the same time he felt so incredible ashamed. How was it that his friends could do this easily, but for him it was impossible.

?Obi-Wan,? Bant called up. ?Are you ok??

Obi-Wan shook his head. ?I can?t get down.?

?You got up there,? Garen replied. ?Getting down isn?t so bad.?

?Actually it?s worse,? Obi-Wan muttered.

?Just do it quickly and don?t think about it,? Bant offered.

?I will fall,? Obi-Wan replied sadly.

?You?ll be fine, Obi-Wan,? Garen said with a reassuring smile.

?No he won?t,? said a new voice. Obi-Wan looked at the speaker and he felt worse to see that it was the bully Bruck Chun. For some reason Bruck was always out to get him, and Obi-Wan flushed red with embarrassment. Why did Bruck have to see his great embarrassing moment??

?Kenobi will never be a Jedi,? Bruck continued. ?He can?t even climb down from the wookiee bars!?

?Shut up bantha brain!? exclaimed five year old Siri Tachi, glaring daggers at Bruck and putting her hands on her hips.

?What is going on out here?? came a deep voice, startling the group of Initiates. Several students gasped to see that the speaker was Master Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan?s shame grew.

?Master, Obi-Wan can?t get down,? Bant explained sweetly.

The Jedi Master walked towards the wookiee bars and stood next to where Obi-Wan was sitting on them. ?Is that so?? Qui-Gon asked curiously training his gaze on the young boy.

?Yes, Master,? Obi-Wan said. He was blushing and tried to avoid Qui-

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved it and reminded me of my youth too, being larger than the other agemates and clumsy

=D==D==D=

3. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Wookiee bars.....I like that. And it was very cute. All Obi-Wan needed was a little bit of courage. Aaaaaaaah, we could all use a Qui-Gon at that age. :)

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Help, I'm stuck and I can't get down! Very cute. I don't remember any such experiences, but I am probably one of the very few folks who barely passed P.E. classes in school - clumsy, uncoordinated, overweight and all that wonderful stuff that embarrasses the heck out of you.

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I loved the monkey bars when I was a kid.[face_monkey]

This was a lovely story.=D=

6. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Awwww...that was so very sweet

I loved how understanding and gentle Qui-Gon was with Obi.

[face_love] [face_love] [face_love][face_love]

And five year-old Siri coming to his defense was a wonderful touch.

Great job on this

=D= =D= =D= =D=

7. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Aw, that was very sweet. I think we've all had 'wookie bar' moments, although most of us are not lucky enough to have Qui-Gon around. ;)

A lovely read. :)

8. padawan_learner86

padawan_learner86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 23, 2005
    So cute! [:D] I could totally relate with little Obi-Wan, seeing as me + heights just don't equal well and never have. :D Good speech, Qui-Gon. [face_peace]

9. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    awwww....that was so cute. I think I sort of got stuck like that as a kid, climbing trees, but I think my friends talked a very shaky me through it.

10. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Awww this was adorable, great job =D=

11. SUGARBANTJINN

SUGARBANTJINN Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2007
    that was SOOO cute! I love reading about little Obi-Wan, or just Obi-Qui stories period, and this one was in instant fave!

12. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Loved it and reminded me of my youth too, being larger than the other agemates and clumsy

Glad you liked it. Yes, I was always clumsy as a kid and still am as a matter of fact.

ardavenport:Wookiee bars.....I like that. And it was very cute. All Obi-Wan needed was a little bit of courage. Aaaaaaaah, we could all use a Qui-Gon at that age.

Yes, and lucky for Obi-Wan he had Qui-Gon there to help.

Valairy_Scot: Help, I'm stuck and I can't get down! Very cute. I don't remember any such experiences, but I am probably one of the very few folks who barely passed P.E. classes in school - clumsy, uncoordinated, overweight and all that wonderful stuff that embarrasses the heck out of you.

Thank you! I too was one of those kids who barely passed P.E. I remember dreading it.

Gkilkenny: I loved the monkey bars when I was a kid.

:D

This was a lovely story.

Thank you so much!

KELIA: Awwww...that was so very sweet

I'm glad you liked it.

I loved how understanding and gentle Qui-Gon was with Obi.

And five year-old Siri coming to his defense was a wonderful touch.

Obi definitely needed someone to help give him the strength he needed to get down, and I couldn't resist throwing in Siri.

Great job on this

Thank you!

Kestrel_Kenobi: Aw, that was very sweet. I think we've all had 'wookie bar' moments, although most of us are not lucky enough to have Qui-Gon around.

I think you're right and we all have experiences like those. I wish I would've had Qui to help me when I got stuck.

A lovely read.

Thank you so much.

padawan_learner86: So cute! I could totally relate with little Obi-Wan, seeing as me + heights just don't equal well and never have. Good speech, Qui-Gon.

Thank you! I'm the same way, I'm terrified of heights.

JediKaren: awwww....that was so cute. I think I sort of got stuck like that as a kid, climbing trees, but I think my friends talked a very shaky me through it.

Thank you! Yes, when I got stuck on the monkey bars it was such a terrifying experience that I never forgot it. Which is whny I had to write about it.

Veloz:Awww this was adorable, great job

Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it.

SUGARBANTJINN: that was SOOO cute! I love reading about little Obi-Wan, or just Obi-Qui stories period, and this one was in instant fave!

Thank you, I'm so glad you liked this story since I haven't had the opportunity to write many stories with Obi as a kid.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.