main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Strands of Time: Test of Time->Won 2001FFA of "Best Original Character Story,""Best Overall Story"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by AngelQueen, Aug 3, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Summary: On her way to visit her family on Coruscant, Alia Skywalker, daughter of Luke and Mara, is suddenly thrust into a world of unfamiliar Jedi, Queens in disguise, ancient prophecies, and a rising evil. With these factors laid before her, she must now make a choice: keep what she knows a secret and preserve the timeline, or speak up, thus changing the very fabric of the Universe she has known...
    Codes: TPM, brief post-RotJ and post-TPM
    Disclaimer: None of us owns Star Wars. If we did, we'd be the rich ones hanging out at Skywalker Ranch!

Alia Skywalker found herself in her father's crushing embrace as she prepared to board a ship bound for Coruscant.

"Have fun with Anakin and the twins," Luke told her as he held her up to face him.

Alia's features were like his, from her delicate build to her blue eyes to her blond hair. There would probably be some red streaks in her hair one day, inherited from her mother. But there was one thing that she had definitely gotten from Mara: her temper.

But none of these things were running through Luke Skywalker's mind at the moment. Right now, he was holding onto his daughter as though it would be the last time he'd ever see her, though he wasn't sure why.

Finally, Luke gently set her down and nudged her towards the shuttle that was waiting for her. Slowly, eight-year-old Alia made her way to the ramp.

"Be good and listen to your aunt and uncle," he called to her.

She turned back with a sadistic grin on her face and retorted, "Hey! Its me!" With that, she dashed aboard, leaving her father muttering about daughters taking after their uncles too much.

Once Alia was aboard, the pilot took off and Luke made his way to the Temple control room to give them the signal to jump to lightspeed. When he arrived, he found those in there, including Mara, running around, shouting about distortions.

"What's going on," Luke yelled over the din.

"There are heavy distortions converging on the shuttle! They came out of no where! We're losing sensor readings on the shuttle," Mara hurled back as she continued to dart from station to station.

Someone put the visual on the front view screen and everyone stopped, mesmerized by the sight. As all those in the control room watched in growing horror, the distortions actually made the shuttle's exterior ripple. Then, a mere moment later, it was gone.

*8*8*8*8*8*8*
    60 years earlier
    *8*8*8*8*8*8*

Qui-Gon Jinn, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Jar-Jar Binks darted through the quiet alleys of Theed, searching for the captured Queen. Along the way, they found an unconscious little blond haired girl. Qui-Gon knelt down beside her and checked for her injuries.

"How is she Master," Obi-Wan inquired.

"She seems to be fine, just unconscious, but we'll have to have a medic check her just to be sure," Qui-Gon answered as he gently picked her up into his arms. The girl moaned slightly but did not wake.

Obi-Wan looked at him incredulously, "You aren't seriously considering taking her with us? She could easily get hurt if there is a confrontation."

"And if we leave her here, then she will sooner or later be picked up by the droids patrolling the city. If we can save one from that fate, then it is a victory. Come," motioning to both Obi-Wan and Jar-Jar, they continued on their way with their newest passenger.

Soon enough, they were on a balcony, the Queen and her entourage only a few yards away and coming closer. Qui-Gon quietly told Jar-Jar to hold onto the girl and not to move until he told him to. Jar-Jar nodded vigorously, clutching the little girl.

At that moment, the Queen and her people were beginning to pass right in front of them. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon jumped down and immediately attacked the droid soldiers that were herding the Naboo. After a brief firefight, it was over.

"Your Highness," Qui-Gon said as he made his way below where Jar-Jar was holding the girl, "I suggest you leave the streets. I shall join you momentarily." As everyone watched, Qui-Gon carefully lowere

2. jango-joe1

jango-joe1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2001
    It's pretty good...keep it up

3. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    Wow! What a great idea!! This looks excellent AngelQueen. I really like this. Keep it up. :)

4. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Interesting premise. What if Luke's daughter stays in this time period and eventually falls in love with Anakin? ;)

5. I love Sci Fi

I love Sci Fi Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2000
    Great post!!!! More soon, ppppllllleeeeaaaassseeeeee!!!!

Jeff, that is just wrong. Ani needs to marry Padme!!!

6. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    I like! I like! I love timetravel stories. /must bookmark this
    Are you going to let Alia change significant events or is that a secret? ;) Will she be curt like Mara or a chatterbox like Luke?

7. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    jango-joe1-- Thanks!

LadyKenobi-- I'm glad that you like it!

Jeff 42-- Alia and Ani? Nope! I'm a devout Ani/Ami fan! That would be interesting though!

I love Sci Fi-- No need to worry! Everything will be as it should be, that is, unless the people who write this story decide to warp everything!!!

Julie-- You like! You like! You love timetravel stories! Thanks for bookmarking this! As to Alia changing significant events, that is our little secret! DarthIshtar and Amidala_Skywalker are helping me write this, so you'll just have to wait and see where our warped minds take this! As to her personality, you'll just have to wait and see! Oh I am evil!!!

Thanks everyone!!

AngelQueen

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Me like as well. Can I be next in line or does our other co- have that?

9. Cypher18

Cypher18 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 1, 2001
    OHHHH I like it. keep it up.

10. Ashamaphone

Ashamaphone Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2001
    :eek: This is sooooo bookmarked!!

11. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Awww shoot! There goes my story down the drain. I had an idea just like this, even had a friend make character designs for the daughter. :p

Oh well my story's nothing like yours so I'm just gonna sit back and enjoy reading this one! :)

12. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Hey AngelQueen, here I am! Ready and willing to write...first post looks great! :) Hey everybody thanks for all the good comments!

Amidala

13. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    DarthIshie--If you want to post something, go right ahead!!! This is still a RR, so anyone can post!! You might want to talk to Amidala_Skywalker though. See what she has in mind.

Cypher18--Glad you like it! Thanks!!

Ashamaphone--Well, I'm certainly glad you like it enough to bookmark it like Julie did! Thank you!

jade_angel--Opps! Sorry about that!! I'm glad that you're reading this though!!

Amidala_Skywalker--If you want to post, go ahead!! As I told DarthIshie above, this is a RR so anyone can post! Might want to talk to her and see what she has in mind.

Thanks all!

AngelQueen

14. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I've yielded the right to next post to Amidala. Go ahead!

15. LadyKenobi

LadyKenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2001
    Wait...this is a RR? Anyone can write? Interesting.

Post soon I hope! :) UPPERS!

16. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Yes LadyK, its a RR. I posted the suggestion over at the new boards and DarthIshie and Amidala_Skywalker replied. Amidala should be posting sometime soon and DarthIshie, I hope, will post after her. But yes, its a RR.

BTW, you should head over to the Lovers Cantina. I have a little offer for you and Sabé that will prevent you from killing one another. :D

AQ

17. Emperor_Kefka

Emperor_Kefka Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2001
    So this is another one of Ishtar's little pet projects, eh? Well, you better advise her not to put too much torturous sadistic stuff in it. Knowing her, she'd have a field day with Ami/Ani/Luke's Daughter love triangle.

I would. Kwahaha!

18. Cypher18

Apr 1, 2001
  19. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Thanks, DarthIstar and AQ! Next post should be up very soon...shouldn't take me long to write it!

Amidala

20. Cypher18

Apr 1, 2001
    Hope to see it soon.

21. t65flyer

t65flyer Jedi Master star 3

Oct 14, 2000
    what a cute story! hope to see more soon... rating: :D :D :D :D
    >>> :j

22. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    I see the Star Wars tradition of incest is coming up to play. After all isn't Alia Ani's grand kid? Oh well, she's only eight :p. I like this story so far AQ, it's a far cry from my story and it's probably gonna be a while before I'd be able to post my own story, of course this also gives me an excuse to not post it at all. :) One less project off my back, you can use the character rendering my friend did and call her the older version of Alia in this story. :D

23. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Did the above post make any sense at all? Oh well who cares, I like this story! Soooooo.... POST MORE!!!

A round robin??? Can I join in? PLEASE???

24. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Um, excuse me, but my response is: NOT IF I CAN HELP IT!

25. LeiaSkywalker

LeiaSkywalker Jedi Master star 3

Mar 31, 2001
    This is such a great idea!!! Can't wait for more! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.