main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is to be believed?(Co-written story about Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jacinta_Kenobi, Feb 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacinta_Kenobi

Jacinta_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    This story is going to be written by myself, Cheveyo, Neon_Star, Jedi_Girl_of_Corellia, Angel5000, and princess-sari.

Have at it, guys!

I'll post first.
    Obi-Wan sighed as he packed his bags to go on a mission. Qui-Gon had gone to the planet Dibon three days ago, but the natives there would not allow anyone under the age of 18 to come with Qui-Gon. Since he had just barely turned 16, only two weeks ago, so he had been required to stay here. Qui-Gon was coming back in two more days, and yet they were sending Obi-Wan off on a different mission with a 27-year-old knight.

He didn't understand why he had to go on this mission. He would have rathered stay here and wait for his master, but apparently the knight had requested specifically for him.

And that was what puzzled him so.

Obi-Wan grabbed for the holomachine on the way out, left a quick holo telling master Qui-Gon what had happened, though he knew the council would let him know, and then slipped his stone that Qui-Gon had given him into his pocket before heading out the door.
    Qui-Gon smiled and bowed to the alien as he walked out. The negotiations were going well, and with any luck, he should be out of here in only a few days more. //And then I'll make it up to Obi-Wan for having to leave him behind.// He thought.

But as he sat down on his sleeping platform and removed his boots, he could not help feeling that it would be longer than a couple days before he would see Obi-Wan again.

Qui-Gon frowned, and pushed the thought away. Obi-Wan was fine. He was safe at the temple.

But the sense of foreboding stayed with him.
    Obi-Wan walked out onto the docking platform the ship he was going on was going to wake off from, and spotted the Knight standing on the other end. Quickly, he made his way over, and bowed deeply at the waist.

"Knight Sib'Mah." Jazer Sib'Mah smiled at Obi-Wan, and inclined his head at the padawan.

"Padawan Kenobi." He returned.

Obi-Wan straightened up. "If you do not mind my asking, why did you request my presence on this mission? I am only a padawan." He said.

Sib'Mah smiled. "I have heard good things about you, Padawan Kenobi, and when I heard you were sitting here idlely while your master was away, I decided you might enjoy having something to do. It should not take more than a few days."

Obi-Wan nodded respectfully. "Thank you for your consideration, Knight Sib'Mah."

Sib'Mah heled up a hand. "Please, please. Jazer. And you will be Obi-Wan. I do not believe in such formality when in close quarters, as we will be." He said.

Obi-Wan smiled. "Jazer." He returned. "May I ask what planet we are going to?"

Jazer smiled wider. "It is on the outer rim. It is called....Kir-har'eseth." He said.

"Kir-har'eseth." Obi-Wan sounded out slowly, then followed Jazer up the ramp of the ship.
    Three days later.
    Qui-Gon smiled as he climbed up the ramp of the ship that would take him back to Coruscant. He found a seat quickly, and pulled out his comlink to call Obi-Wan and tell him that he was headed home.

There was no answer.

//Everything's fine,// Qui-Gon thought. //He's probably in the fresher or with one of his friends.// He assured himself.

Still, he couldn't wait to get back.
    Obi-Wan climbed off the ship, glad to get out of the cramped quarters of the transport. Jazer had been nice, but quiet. It had been boring trip, with nothing to do but meditate, which was not on the top of his list of favorite things to do.

He looked around, and noticed that Kir-har'eseth was sort of a barren world. It was quite warm, and the little grass that there was in the cracked ground crunched under his feet. Obi-Wan began to wonder how anyone could live on this world.

Suddenly, he spotted a small girl of about 8 standard years of age. She was dressed in a light blue thin dress that clung to her body in the heat, and her long blond hair was done in small braids all over her head. She turned to look at him, and her bright green eyes burned into

2. princess-sari

princess-sari Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2000
    Cool, you started it, Jacinta!!!
    And I get to be the first to reply! :D
    But since I know the storyline, I'll refrain from speculating and just say that it was a great post!

3. BLADE_KENOBI

BLADE_KENOBI Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2001
    Great Post! Can't wait until the next post. Since there are many of you writing, the posts will come quickly (hint...hint :) )

Can't wait to find out what happens to Obi-Wan, why do I get the feeling that he is going to get in trouble?!

Blade :cool:

4. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Already waitng for another post.Blade, you are waitng for Obi to get into trouble because why else would we read QGJ?OBI stories.PEACE Ewen

5. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Oh, yes this does look good :) I like Obi being paired with a different knight. Is this knight on the up and up? Hmmmmm, i guess i'll have to wait and see.

The posts will be often right? :)

6. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Nice start. I love Qui and Obi stories can't wait to see what this story is about. :)

7. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    UP! Five cowriters and no post? Where is everyone?

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I got a post! :D

~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~@~

Catonya quickly pulled her sun bleached blond hair out of her face and looked at the sun reproachfully. Sithly sun, I wish it weren?t so bright on this planet. She sighed and turned back to her work, trying to revive a farmer?s withered crops. The natives of Kir-har'eseth were living in the time of a severe drought, brought on by a strange change in the orbit of the sun. Fortunately for them, the ?miraculous? Jedi came to save them.

?Please, can you tell me what is wrong?? asked the tanned farmer, clutching at his large sun hat that he had removed in respect for Catonya.

Dusting off her hands on her already stained tunic that she used for fieldwork Catonya showed him a blackened vegetable. ?The dry weather has increased the plants? susceptibility to disease, I?m afraid that all your crop this year will be ruined.?

The man moaned, ?Most honorable Jedi, please heal my crops! I know that you can do it, I have heard you?ve done it before.?

Catonya nodded, once someone asked for help she was required to give it. But often she would receive something in return. ?I think I could help you, but this is no guarantee you will have a miracle crop this year.? She dropped to her knees and placed her hands on the nearest plant. Reaching out with her mind she could hear the plants? collective cry for water, their need made herself thirsty. Licking her lips she delved deeper into the biology of the plants. She could see each cell now, and the virus attacking it. Vehemently she attacked the virus, driving it back, out of the plants, hopefully her work would heal the plants enough so that they could repel the virus themselves.

Nearby the farmer watched, enamored with her work. He turned in surprise when one of her younger comrades came barreling toward them.

?Catonya! Catonya!? The young man was breathing hard, a mixture of the heat and from the distance which he had run.

The woman stood up and looked at the youth with her pale crystal blue eyes. ?Fax, what is it??

Doubled over and panting he looked up at her, his brown eyes twinkling with amusement at how winded he was. ?I just came to tell you,? he paused, drawing another breath and seeming to recover with that one, ?that we have guests from Coruscant.?

?Coruscant?? She tilted her head to the side, considering what he said. ?Jazer?s here?? A broad grin broke across her face, ?Well then, my apprentice, let?s go greet our guests.?

9. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Ooh, good job Jedi Girl! I like! Okay, who's next?

10. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Ooh! We have such a great story going so far!

Alright, I KNOW I'm one of the writers...but I've got a big Physics test tomorrow and can't type up a post right now.

I'll get one as soon as I possibly can!

As for everyone else, Good job so far!

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    *tisk, tisk*

Guys! We need to participate!

If you don't I'll have to come to your house and sit you down at the computer and watch as you type every word. ;)

BTW, goodluck on your test tomorrow Angel!

12. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    Cheveyo swings in on an aptly positioned vine...

I'm on it!! :D Writing my post now, should be just a few minutes... or so. ;)

Sorry I'm late, by the by!

13. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    my post

Qui Gon Jinn pulled the folds of his dark travelling robe around him as he stepped off the ship?s boarding plank. There was a slight chill in the evening Coruscant air, carried by the gentle breeze. It wasn?t the natural breeze to which he?d grown accustomed on Dibon. It was seemed forced, manufactured.

The familiarity of the Jedi Temple should have comforted the Master as he entered, but
    something was tugging at the edge of is perceptions. The Force was trying to tell him something, but it was vague, illusive.

Jedi Master Yoda was to meet him in the Room of a Thousand Fountains, a much more calming atmosphere than the lofty High Council chamber. Qui Gon?s mission had been a
    success, but he was more eager to hear of his Padawan, Obi Wan Kenobi. The boy had
    not responded to any of his hails. Such lack of contact was not usual for Obi Wan.

Qui Gon entered the Room of a Thousand Fountains and at once felt peace roll through
    him in waves. The sound of the waterfalls, the smells of the foliage. The Force was truly beautiful in this place.

Yoda was nestled atop a smoothed boulder near the edge of the calm pool. His walking
    cane rested against the stone beside him. ?Expected you so soon, I did not, Master Qui Gon.?

?I came directly from the transport,? Qui Gon answered. ?I know you are interested in
    my report.?

?More interested, I think,? Yoda commented whimsically, ?you are about your student, hmm??

Qui Gon sat upon the deep brown soil and stared out at the waterfalls across the pool. ?He?s not answered my calls for the last two days.?

The undersized Jedi Master did not answer at once. He seemed deep in thought, or deep
    in tune with the Force. At last he said, ?Unexpected, this is.? From the depths of his robes, Yoda withdrew a small holo-viewer. ?Left for you, this was.?

?From Obi Wan,? Qui Gon confirmed as he accepted the device.

?On a mission, your Padawan is.?

?A mission?? Qui Gon felt an almost parental protectiveness surge within him. ?Master Yoda, Obi Wan is hardly prepared to face such tasks on his own. I admit, he has shown immense progress--?

?--Requested specifically, he was, Qui Gon,? Yoda interrupted. ?A very brief mission
    this is to be. And safe.?

Qui Gon?s eyebrows furrowed. This did not sound right. That uneasiness he?d been
    feeling was growing exponentially now. ?He was requested? By whom??

?Jedi Knight Jazer Sib'Mah.?

Yoda offered no other description. He didn?t have to. Qui Gon knew the man, if by
    reputation alone. And he knew that if Obi Wan was with the knight, his Padawan was in
    over his head.

14. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Post please :)

15. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    here you go then ;)

Qui Gon was dumbfounded. Why had Yoda, a Jedi Master of the highest calibre,
    allowed his Padawan to be taken in by a knight of questionable background? He stood
    and brush the earth from his robes. ?Master, surely you are familiar of Jazer Sib?mah?s associations.?

Yoda held up a pointed finger. ?Rumors, these are, Master Qui Gon. Judge not by
    these.?

Qui Gon opened his mouth to protest, but Yoda stopped him with a fixed glare. ?Agreed
    on this path, the Council has. Safe, your student is, and at a time of choices.?

?Choices?? Qui Gon was growing more aware that there were other, more subtle,
    reasons for the Council?s decision to send Obi Wan away. Despite Yoda?s reassurances,
    though, he felt disturbed by the entire scenario. ?Should I not be there for Obi Wan in these delicate times??

Yoda lowered his head as he turned back toward the waters. In a soft voice, he said,
    ?Your own part, you will have to play in this, my friend.?

16. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Thanks for posting, this is good. :)

17. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Very good, and very interesting. Whats ahead for our poor Obi? Whatever it is i'm sure it cant be good. Hurry with more please? :)

18. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Bravo! Wonderful posts!

Now, I wonder who will be next...

19. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Looks like I'm next! :p
    Hope this is okay...if it's not, that's what editing is for. :D

~*~*~*~
    Maera O'wyn stood washing her hands in a basin of precious water outside the hut of one of the village women. The woman had gone into labor the previous evening and when it became clear that she was having difficulties, they'd sent for Maera, knowing her reputation as a Jedi Healer.

Even with her abilities, there had been some tense moments, but now mother and daughter were resting peacefully. Maera was looking forward to getting some sleep herself.

When the messengers had arrived the evening before, she had just returned from a two-day trip to heal the broken leg of a young boy who had fallen while harvesting the edible lichens that grew in Kir-har'eseth's stony cliffs.

And before that, she'd had one night in her own bed after a week-long journey to help heal a sick family several villages away.

She was desperately in need of rest, and her only hope was that no more messengers would arrive, requesting her healing abilities for at least a few days. A week would be nice, two weeks was too much to hope for.

It wasn't that she didn't want to help the people?she did. More than that, she believed it was her responsibility to give her help whenever it was requested. But healing took strength and without some rest, she simply didn't have the strength she needed. Another two weeks like the ones she'd just been through and she would be no use to anyone. And that was not acceptable.

She heard welcoming shouts from the children behind her and turned. A small child from the village the Jedi lived in was running toward her, gathering a small following as she ran past the line of huts.

She groaned inwardly, but kept her face calm. So much for getting a rest.

The girl stopped in front of her and looked up at her shyly.

Maera forced herself to smile reassuringly. "You have a message for me?"

The child nodded and handed her a small piece of flimsy.

She unfolded it and read, The visitor from Coruscant has arrived. Return as soon as possible.

Relief flooded through her. Not another summons for her to heal someone, then, but news that was much more welcome to her. Jazer was back.

She turned to the father of the child she'd delivered only hours before and said, "I must return to my own village immediately." She held up a hand to stop his protests. "Res'ilah is perfectly capable of caring for your wife now." She clasped a hand on his shoulder and sent a small calming Force wave over him. "There's nothing to worry about, and you can always send for me again." And you probably will, she thought to herself wearily. "But I must go now," she said firmly.

And feeling a great deal less fatigue than she had been feeling only moments before, she prepared to leave.
    ~*~*~*~

And, btw, I started a planning thread for this--hope no one minds. Here's the link:
    Planning Thread for Who Is To Be Believed? :)

20. princess-sari

Nov 20, 2000
    Did I scare everyone off? :p

21. Cheveyo

Oct 29, 2001
    New Post

Jazer Sib?Mah was the antithesis of Qui Gon Jinn in his mannerisms. Obi Wan noted this early in the trip, but was still surprised by the differences. Where his master would have told him about their mission before they left, Jazer had opted to keep the young Padawan in the dark. Even now, as the brawny Jedi Knight led him through the wastelands of Kir-har'eseth, he knew little of their purpose.

Another contrast between the knight and his master, Obi Wan found almost enlightening, was his uncanny friendliness. Never had he met such an overwhelmingly charming Jedi. After some time with Jazer, Obi Wan couldn?t help but view other Jedi as stoic and rigid? almost pompous. Even the Jedi Master, Tahl, who had always been kind to him, appeared apathetic in his memories.

?There is no emotion,? Obi Wan quoted aloud. ?There is the Force.? It was the defining principle of the Jedi Order. He could hear Qui Gon?s voice in his mind (or was it his own?), saying: ?Do not let emotion control your actions, Padawan. Be mindful.?

Beside him, Jazer smiled. ?Is this trek so boring that you would resort to reciting ancient Jedi prayers??

Obi Wan flushed. ?Not at all, sir. I was just thinking aloud.?

The knight?s smile broadened. ?Emotion is a very tricky gift.?

Obi Wan nodded slightly. Under Qui Gon?s tutolage, the past four years had been a struggle to learn control over his feelings. Despite his master?s wise guidance, however, Obi Wan still fought to let go of his passion in trying times.

Jazer seemed to embrace his feelings. As quiet as the knight had been so far, Obi Wan sensed a river of emotion within the man that spoke for him.

Sensing the boy?s thoughts, Jazer said, ?For generations the Jedi have been taught that emotion must be suppressed. Do you know why??

Obi Wan flinched. He would not have used such a drastic word. ?We?re taught to let go of our emotions, sir, not suppress them. We acknowledge their existence and allow them to pass through us.?

Jazer stopped. ?What does that mean, do you think??

Was the knight questioning the teaching of the Jedi, or was this his way of testing the Padawan? Obi Wan watched the man?s intent expression as he explained, ?It means that while we do feel, we do not let it control our actions. To give in to our emotions would be reckless, and dangerous.?

The Jedi Knight bowed in concession. ?A most intriguing insight, young Padawan. Your master would be proud.? He set his palm on Obi Wan?s shoulder and resumed his pace through the outlying farmlands.

Obi Wan felt a twinge in the Force at Jazer?s comment. While it sounded complimentary and surely was meant as such, there was an unnerving impression of a hidden intent within its context.

The two Jedi proceeded through the yellow and browns of the failed crop fields and reached what seemed to be the center of the small village. The streets were surprisingly devoid of life. Ahead of them, Obi Wan saw the occasional person walking briskly across the loosely cobbled street. Otherwise, the place appeared abandoned.

No longer able to control his curiosity, Obi Wan asked, ?Why are we here, sir??

?Is this another philosophical question, or is it in reference to our current location?? Jazer had intended the question to be taken in jest, but Obi Wan returned his smirk with the classic Jedi seriousness. It seemed there were limits to the boy?s joviality. He cleared his throat and said, ?Kir-har'eseth is a unique planet. You may see or hear things that will contradict the Jedi philosophies. To complete this mission, we must keep an open mind and our wits about us.?

Obi Wan frowned. Jazer?s response had not remotely answered his question. He started to question the knight?s elusive behavior, but was stopped by a presence in the Force. There were other Jedi in this village.

?Jazer Sib?Mah!? a woman?s voice yelled. Both of the Jedi turned to see a woman and younger man enter the street. Obi Wan noticed at once the lightsabers hanging from the belts.

Jazer

22. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    Questions indeed, Answers I need :p

More!?!

23. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Answers? Yes, never mind Obi, I need answers! Great story, I can't wait to what's happening and who all these people are. :)

24. Angel5000

Angel5000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Hi all. Well, I've got a post (though may be short) and it isn't really very significant, but I hope it is alright.

I'm sorry I haven't been doing a lot of posting but...well... physics tests and quizes, and Trig tests just keep me on my toes. I never knew I could have so much homework! :) LOL - guess thats reality huh?

Well, here's my post:

Qui-Gon paced silently in his quarters, his thoughts in a jumble. Questions, and thoughts rolled around inside his head bumping into eachother and causing him to squeeze his eyes shut tightly in an attempt to sort them all out.

He knew that Obi-Wan was not injured, or in immediate danger. That he could tell through the bond that they had. If the boy was in serious harm, he would know....wouldn't he?

The Jedi shook the thought from his mind and continued to organize what was left of his mind. Why do I feel so anxious? I know my Padawan is not injured, and the Council is not worried, so why am I?

Obi-Wan wasnt' alone on a dangerous mission. He was with a Knight, and would be kept safe. If you can trust Jazer A voice at the back of his mind whispered to him.

With a quiet sigh Qui-Gon stopped pacing and began to release his anxiety. He would have to calm down, and just wait for Obi-Wan to contact him. After all, patience was a virtue.

25. Jacinta_Kenobi

Sep 23, 2001
    Good post, Angel!

I'll post soon....I have an idea, but it comes a little later. This is looking good guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.