main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Letting Go (Obi Angst, H/C)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Obi the Kid, Aug 15, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi the Kid

Obi the Kid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2000

Hi Guys...this is my latest...if any of you want to read my earlier fics, check out this site, belongs to Telly (and an awesome site). All my fics are posted there.

http://members.xoom.com/takpb/stwrshotline/three.htm

Title: Letting Go
    Author: Obi the Kid (hlnkid@aol.com)
    Rating: PG
    Summary: Pre-TPM (H/C, Angst, non-slash) Obi suffers from Insomnia as he struggles to deal with the anniversary of the death of a close friend.
    Disclaimer: I don't own these guys and make no money from this work.
    Notes: This is the final part in this series. It assumes knowledge of the first 2 fics, "The Loss of a Friend", and "Bant's Gift." Special thanks to Lorry (Sled-god) for giving me a title for it, even though I ended up changing it.

======================
    "LETTING GO"

(Dedicated, in Memory to Angie, Bear, John Candy and lost friends.)

Healer Darak diagnosed 'Chronic Insomnia' as being the cause for Obi-Wan Kenobi's inability to sleep. For the past three weeks, the 23-year-old Jedi Apprentice to Master Qui-Gon Jinn, had been unable to do anything else other than toss and turn all night. The padawan had told both the healer and Qui-Gon that the cause was mission stress. He would lay in bed for hours upon hours, staring at the ceiling, desperate to find what his body was craving. An hour of restless sleep here and there was all he could claim. Eventually, each night, the young Jedi would get out of bed and wander to the balcony of the apartment he and Qui-Gon shared. He spent countless hours watching the stillness of the Courascant night and wondering how such a place could go from one extreme to the other. So hectic during daylight hours, so serene when dusk fell across the planet.

After time spent on the balcony, he'd wander into the common area of the apartment and flop onto the couch, starring at holo-vids until he lost track of time. His body and mind were exhausted, yet they would not let him sleep. Frustration and fatigue has taken its toll not only on Obi-Wan, but also on Qui-Gon. Over the past weeks, tempers between them had flared on more than one occasion and in the last few days, their arguments had become almost explosive.

Earlier this morning, Obi-Wan's emotions had gotten the better of him and he went off, yelling at his master for 30 minutes before storming out of the apartment. He'd not gotten home until late in the evening when he knew that Qui-Gon was asleep.

There on the balcony is where is stood now, in silence, wishing this nightmare to end.
    So obsessed in his thoughts that he failed to hear Qui-Gon approach from the doorway.

The tall Jedi stood quietly next to his student. "Beautiful at night, isn't it?"
    Obi-Wan jerked his head around to look directly into his master's cobalt eyes. Immediately, he lowered his gaze and reacted on instinct. "Yes, master."

"I don't wish to disturb you padawan, I only want to be sure that you are well. I have never seen you display such visible anger and frustration as you did earlier today."

Continuing to look away from the man next to him, Obi-Wan spoke quietly. "I?I'm sorry for my behavior master. I had no right to speak to you in such a way." He hung his head. "I'm sorry."

"Obi-Wan, I only wish to help you, but I need you to talk to me. This insomnia is not from mission stress, I can assure you. There is something else there. Please padawan, don't push me away."

Through their years together, Obi-Wan had not been one to freely show his emotions. Often Qui-Gon would have to pry into the boys head?such was the case once more. The apprentice maintained an unhealthy fear of emotion, despite Jinn's teachings to the contrary. Now it was up to the Jedi Master to break through that hard exterior once again. He looked at his friend, who had begun pacing back and forth on the small balcony. Qui-Gon could feel the emotions boiling within the young mind.

"It's nothing master. Just some painful memories. It'll go away soon."

Qui-Gon refused to let him off that ea

2. padawan3

padawan3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 20, 1999
    That was so sad. Obi-wan putting himself through hell, the arguements, and then Bant in the end. You write with such emotion. It was truly moving.

3. PadawanKenobi

PadawanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    That was so powerful...the way you wrote it I could feel Obi-Wan's pain. It made me cry. What an awesome story!

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Final part in a series. Well, Obi the Kid, I sure hope you have more series planned.

That was outstanding, I love a good cry.

5. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Hi guys....thanks soooooooo much for the comments.

And I do have anothe angsty series planned this one I will give Obi a little break though and go after Qui. next fic will be a humor fic though.

6. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  7. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    up we go!!!

8. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
  9. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  10. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    WOO HOO!!

11. darth_flirt

darth_flirt Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 2, 2000
    One word - Wow.

12. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Hey...thanks Darth...love you name..Darth Flirt!! That's great!!!

13. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    I can't stop my self from rereading this story. It's just so moving. It touches the heart.

14. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Hi P3 !!! thanks again!! feel free to read all you want...this one turned out better than I expected.

15. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
  16. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Excellent story! Obi the kid.

17. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    Thanks star!!! :)

18. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    up we go!!!

19. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    movin it up!!!

20. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    I just can't seem to stop rereading this. I think I'am addicted or something.

21. Jedi McGregor's girl

Jedi McGregor's girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 27, 1999
    Great story Obi the Kid!!

22. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
    I think you are addicted!!!
    Thanks guys.

23. padawan3

Sep 20, 1999
    It's not that difficult. You're an emotional writer.

24. Obi the Kid

Apr 13, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.