main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rebelling Against The Jinn-JA Fluff-Complete

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by obi_ew, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Authors note I'm having to go back and re-read several of the JA books for a new story I'm writing and a thought suddenly hit me. Did Obi-Wan always just accept Qui-Gon's demands ? Or like a typical teenager did he on occasion rebel? So I wrote a little story about it! :D

Disclaimers All things Star Wars are Lucas,all things JA are Watson's.

Qui-Gon Jinn leaned back in his favorite chair with a contented sigh.For the first time in over a year he had the apartment all to himself and he planned to take advantage of his free time.

Reverantly he opened the leather bound book he had recently purchased while on a mission.The price he had paid had been obscene but it was well worth every penny.

Before he began reading he silently congratulated himself on the sudden inspiration that had propelled him to volunteer Obi-Wan's services in the creche for the night.The soon to be fourteen year old was allready running him ragged.Shaking the thought of the boy away he turned his attention back to his book.

No sooner had he become immersed in the first chapter then the door slid open with a jarring thud.

"Hi Master!" A cheerful voice rang out.

Slowly lifting his head he saw Obi-Wan jaunt through the living area and disappear into his room.The sound of drawers being slammed open and shut echoed through the room.

Taking a deep breath he forced himself to be calm.

"Obi-Wan?" He managed to call serenly.

"Yes Master!?" The boy's muffled shout caused him to wince.

"Padawan come here." He called firmly.

Obi-Wan bounded into the room with his usual exuberance.The boy seemed to vibrate with energy even when he was sitting still.Qui-Gon suspected that he was so eager to experience everything because of his near miss in being chosen as a Padawan.

"Padawan why aren't you in the creche?"Qui-Gon asked.

"Bant stopped by and asked me to go swimming with her Garen,and Reeft.Healer Winna told me it was okay since she had extra help."He explained breathlessly.

The boy's smile slowly faded when he saw the familiar frown crease Qui-Gon's brow.

"Obi-Wan I sent you down there for a reason.Working with the children is a good learning experience."Qui-Gon told him.

"I'm sorry Master.I didn't think you'd mind.It's just that this is the first time we've all been together in over a year.Garen leaves tomorrow on a new mission." Obi-Wan said in a hopeful voice.

Qui-Gon didn't have to say a word.He simply leveled one of his stern glares on the boy.Thin shoulders drooped as Obi-Wan turned and went back into his room.

Confident that he would be obeyed Qui-Gon returned to his reading.

Several minutes later he once again glanced up as his apprentice slowly made his way toward the door,clutching something tightly in his hand.

"Obi-Wan what do you have?" He demanded to know.

The boy stopped at the door but didn't turn around.

"My swimsuit.I'm going swimming." Was the quietly defiant reply.

Blinking several times Qui-Gon was sure he must have heard him wrong.

"What did you say?" He asked.

Slowly turning around his apprentice met his gaze with a rebellious glint in his chameleon eyes.

"I said I'm going swimming." Obi-Wan repeated bravely.

Standing up Qui-Gon stared at the boy in disbelief.

"Your disobeying my order?" He asked.

Nodding,Obi-Wan drew back his shoulders.

"Yes Master I am."

Crossing his arms over his chest Qui-Gon stared the boy down.

"How dare you?" He finally demanded.

Shifting nervously from foot to foot the young boy gathered his courage.

"Your being unfair!I've done everything you've asked of me the last year without questions or complaints.Why,the first time I ask to do something that really means alot to me do you have to be so..so mean?"He cried in a wounded voice.

Qui-Gon took a moment to study the boy as he reached out to the Force to find his calm center.

Although coltishly awkward right now there were allready glimpses of the man his apprentice would one day be.

Shining ginger hair,those ever changing eyes,high cheekbone

2. Wild_Huntress

Wild_Huntress Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    :) Fun little story. I like. Thumbs up, man.

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    A very enjoyable story, obi_ew!

:)

4. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    How cute! And the Dooku reference . . . :eek: 8-}

Good job, obi_ew.

5. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    OBI BEAT THE SYSTEM! :eek: :D

This was just a great little story. :)

6. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Lol!

Go Obi-Wan! You show Qui-Gon that you are right.

Eat that Qui... 8-}

Cute!

7. Glad is June

Glad is June Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2000
    I agree fun story.

8. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Wild_Huntress It was fun to write too! :D

Cascadia Glad you liked it!

obaona Thanks! [face_mischief]