main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Inevitability of Betrayal (AU, Drama) Updated (chapter) 4/11

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by sheleigh, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Title: Inevitability of Betrayal
    Author: sheleigh
    Disclaimer: They belong to George Lucas, who is much richer, and more creative and I. I?m merely playing!
    Summary: What would happen if things had been different- and the same?
    Author?s notes: This kept me up at night- refused to let me sleep until I wrote it. So I did- and this is the finished results (err? the first part of the finished result, at least!). Hope you enjoy it!

The child was brought into the temple, cradled firmly in the arms of Qui-Gon Jinn. He glanced down at the child, noticeable fondness in them, as he gently ruffled the three year olds blond hair. Large blue eyes peered fearfully at the seemingly gigantic Master.
    ?This is the one that we were sent to rescue.? Mace Windu nodded at the Master, before turning an intense gaze upon the child.
    ?His name??
    ?The boy?s name is Anakin Skywalker.? The tall Master gently handed the child over to a crèche Master, before following his long time friend down the hall.
    ?Well done, Qui-Gon. And how is Obi-Wan?? Qui-Gon smiled acknowledging the change in subjects. He thought a moment on his Padawan Learner, before continuing.
    ?He is advancing well. He can easily beat his age mates at ?saber techniques and sparring. He is a source of great compassion, and caring.? A fond smile lit Qui-Gon?s face as he recalled his sixteen year old Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi. ?He will be an excellent Knight.?
    Mace laughed, and gave Qui-Gon a firm slap on the back. ?I certainly hope you aren?t nominating him for Knighthood yet? I think he has much to achieve.? The Jedi Master walked off, still snickering.
    Qui-Gon shook his head, before heading to a private sparring room- reserved especially for he and his Padawan. After all- being a Master did have it?s privileges.
    Obi-Wan settled down, relaxing, and feeling the Force beckon. He calmly fell to his knee, reaching for the Force.
    The meditation came with great ease, and along with it- came the visions he was so accustomed to seeing. The vision?s, normally a very serene and peaceful event, had changed. The Force screamed with terror, and rage. And Obi-Wan was forced to endure it.
    In Meditation

?Turned, he has.? Qui-Gon nodded, his face blank, and emotionless. ?Felt it I did.?
    ?Yes, Masters, I felt it as well.? Yoda sighed.
    ?Kill you, he will try too.? Again Qui-Gon nodded, meeting the diminutive Master?s gaze unwaveringly.
    ?I realize this, Masters.? The resounding thump of Yoda?s gimmer stick being slammed on the floor resonated through the chamber.
    ?Yet insist upon going after him, you do!? Qui-Gon forced himself not to shout, fighting to keep the stoic Jedi calm that had been ingrained upon him.
    ?Yes Masters. I must go to him, and I will turn him back.?
    ?It is suicide, Qui-Gon!? Mace Windu stood, glowering at his old friend. ?The council forbids you to go.?
    ?I will do what I must- and disobey the council orders, if it comes to it.?
    ?Sit down, you will Master Windu! A quarrel we will not have in this chamber.? Yoda turned sad eyes towards the tall Master in the center of the room.
    ?Do what you will, Master Qui-Gon. May the Force be with you.? Qui-Gon bowed towards the Masters, and exited the chambers.
    He strode down the long hall, before passing a single figure. The figure turned towards him, and bowed deeply. Hands came up to remove the large Jedi hood from his head. Qui-Gon stiffened, meeting the sea colored eyes defiantly, and with a trace of apprehension.?
    ?Obi-Wan.?
    Obi-Wan pulled himself from the meditation, forcing himself not to cry out in shock. Unsure of what to do, he swiftly left the small meditation chamber he occupied, and unsteadily made his way to the wisest of the Jedi Masters: Yoda.
    The door to the diminutive Master?s home slid open before he could make his presence known; instead being greeted by the small green Master himself. Obi-Wan bowed, before entering the quarters carefully. The Master motioned him to kneel, which he obliged.
    ?Some

2. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Interesting beginning. Did Obi turn or did he bump into Qui after he was dumped for Ani??

More soon please. :D

3. TheFallen

TheFallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2001
    :eek:

SHELEIGH STORY ALERT!

YES!

:D

-- Plunks down and waits --

4. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    **glares at post**

**turns and glares at sheleigh**

OK.. What was THAT? You leave us..ME with that evil cliffhanger..and you say there is more?

**looks back a thread**

Nope I dont see anything..so were is it..

**sits at computer waiting for next post**

PT

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    WOW!!!!!!

Great beginning.

I think I understood it.

I'm suffering from computer lag right now.

I'll read it again in the morning.

Post again soon please.

I did love you visualization of baby Obi-Wan. I would have liked to pinch those chubby cheeks he must have had.

PEACE ewen

6. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Great start sheleigh :)

That was baby Anakin though, wasn't it? I'm too lazy to go back and look :)

I hope Obi is able to stop his vision from becoming reality.

Hurry with more :D

7. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    ooooh....I'm interested, but then again, I'm always interested. More soon!

8. Uncle_Lowen

Uncle_Lowen Jedi Youngling

Jun 1, 2002
    A common description of this story...interesting. Though oddly written. Actions of the other character came after dialogue that was written for the first character. It felt like the one who was speaking was doing the action.

Though I usually keep away from the new trilogy stories...this was good. Keep it coming.

9. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Wow, another fic from you! this must be my lucky day!

Well....are you gonna finish that??

10. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    AH! Another Obi story! :D More please! :p

11. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Great start, sheleigh! Looking forward to more.

:)

12. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Very interesting start. but is it Obi-Wan or Anakin who will turn??

13. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    PadawanKitara

Shame on you for asking if it is Obi or Anikin.

I think that is the reason she wrote the first post that way.

It piques your curiosity and makes you want to come back for more.

You're not suppose ask her who it is,you're suppose to come back and read the story to find out!!!!

I'm back!!! Where's another post.[Ha,Ha.]

Just waiting and upping.

PEACE ewen

14. jedi7

jedi7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Baby: Anakin
    Turned dark: Anakin
    (but what do I know any way) :) more please. 7

15. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Arldetta- I'll never tell-ll! :D

TheFallen- [face_blush] I hope you like the next post. :)

PT- *ducks* *looks around* Err... a post! I have a post! Turn off the glare... leave the pathetic author alone! EEP! ;)

ewen- :D Baby Ani- not Obi. I hope you understood it... hehee... [face_innocent]
    New post in a minute! :)

Shanobi- Yes it was. That would be too easy on our dear Obi-Wan. Did I say that... oops!

MCK- LOL! :)

Uncle Owen- thank you. Yes- it may seem weird in places... but that is just my writing style. I'm glad you've enjoyed it thus far, and hope you continue too! :)

Arwen- :D Why thank you- and of course there will be more. (aka- in a moment. ;) )

obi_ew- Of course it is another Obi story... [face_love]= obi. err...

Cascadia- thanks. :)

Padawan Kitara- Hmm... who knows... :D

ewen- woah there, calm down! Thanks for the up.

Jedi7- LOL! :) Yes yes- here's more! :)

Right- now that this is almost as long as the actual post- here it is! :)
    ?Good, Anakin.? Obi-Wan nodded his agreement, before eyeing his master carefully. The imposing Jedi had of late been spending many hours training and helping the senior initiates, with the assistance of Obi-Wan. And of all the initiates, Qui-Gon had given special attention towards Anakin Skywalker.
    The boy was bright- undeniably. One look in clear blue eyes of the young man, and you could see it. The intelligence, the wit. Obi-Wan looked under hooded eyes, warily watching the young man. As if he knew he was being observed, Anakin glanced sharply at Obi-Wan, his eyes flashing.
    Obi-Wan?s eyes narrowed, focusing on the Force?s insistent tug. He submerged himself in it, releasing the building tension and finding a certain serenity that only the Force provided- and found himself standing in the middle of the council chambers. Obi-Wan started in surprise, watching the scene before him unfold.
    Anakin Skywalker stood in front of the council, head held high- waiting for his fate to be announced.
    ?A Master we could not find. Sending you to Agri-corps we are. Help you will, in another way.? Anakin fell to his knees, completely submissive.
    ?Masters- please. I must be a Knight? I? don?t want to leave the temple.? Anakin bent forward, pressing his forehead to the cool floor. He jerked back in shock at the sound of the large doors leading to the council chamber being pushed open.
    ?Master Qui-Gon. Something to say have you.?
    Qui-Gon turned an ice cold glare towards the diminutive Yoda, before hurrying over to the kneeling initiate. He pulled the boy firmly to his feet, before resting large hands on Anakin?s shoulders.
    ?I take Anakin Skywalker as my apprentice.? Shocked silence met the statement, as the council registered what the Jedi Master had said.
    ?Qui-Gon, you already have an apprentice. And the code forbids two.? Mace Windu stood, walking calmly over to the Jedi Master. ?Don?t defy us on this, Qui-Gon. You will not win. Obi-Wan is still young- he still needs your guidance.?
    A defiant Qui-Gon met the tall Jedi?s eyes. ?Obi-Wan is ready to face his trials. We have grown apart- a sure sign of his wish for independence. I will not be hindered by an apprentice that will not listen! Obi-Wan Kenobi has learned all that he can from me.?
    ?So defiant is he? What of Anakin? Defiant will he be?? Yoda tapped his gimmer stick thoughtfully on the ground. ?Worried about Anakin?s future are you? Knew that he was facing the council today, did you??
    ?I did not know of his meeting with this council. I felt his grief and pain.?
    ?How did you feel this, Qui-Gon?? Mace Windu curiously reached out with the Force, and withdrew abruptly. ?A bond.?
    The Jedi Master stood, a still defiant look on his face. ?I take Anakin Skywalker to be my apprentice- we are already bonded.?
    ?Bonded with two, you can not be. Two Padawans you can not have. Choose- and wisely.?
    ?Anakin Skywalker.?
    Yoda shook his head sadly

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Truly evil, but you do know how to keep your readers coming back for more punishment :)

17. Padawan_Travina

Padawan_Travina Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Dang it!! PK beat me to first review..

OK this was a great post..and I wonder..will what came to pass in the vision come true..

And what will this mean for the Jedi, Obi and everyone else??

**holds out C4**

Now don't make me use this..I know a post will be coming reallll soooon here righttt!!

:)

PT

18. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Oh my God!! I am so getting you back for this!!

Great post!!

19. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
  20. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Absolutely brilliant, sheleigh!! I can't wait to see where you go with this one. I want to get to that vision. Please post soon!!!!!!!!!!

21. kasiaskywalker

kasiaskywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 1, 2002
    veeeeeeeeeeeery interesting story
    up

22. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Poor Obi-Wan! What a terrible vision.

23. Nikita

Nikita Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 14, 2001
    how can he keep that bottled inside! Poor Obi! If that vision is true... Qui is really mean in this one!

24. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    Ooh, a meanie Qui. :_|

Great story you have, sheleigh.
    I eagerly await for more. :)

25. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    :eek: I agree! Just a vision huh? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.