main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Adam Driver (Kylo Ren) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Have you seen some concept art the rest of us haven't?

2. Forcesensitive01

Forcesensitive01 Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 17, 2015
    I can see it. His outfit looks similar to Kylo's too. I could go either way in saying that it is Finn or Kylo. Either way the sith has an uncanny resemblance to Plagueis... I doubt he is early concept art for Kylo since Kylo is not that tall nor does he resemble that design in any way.

3. Forcesensitive01

Apr 17, 2015
    That sith fits the Zombie like description of Serkis's character.

Luke'sSeveredHand likes this.
  4. Forcesensitive01

Apr 17, 2015
    I have a quick question about the Crossguard saber as well, would the two side emitters be made out of phrik of cortosis? I don't see how they would be useful otherwise, it would be just like Maul's saber in Phantom Menace getting sliced in half.

5. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    If you are referring to that concept art over the page, that's Kylo standing over Finn. This is early concept art for both of these characters before either actor was cast. Besides, we know this scene happens.

Über appears to us in a different way; think back to how we first saw the Emperor in ESB.

Darth_Bertie likes this.
  6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    It will be interesting to see if Uber is finally an alien and as terrifying as we haven been told.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  7. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i'm tellin you we won't even see him in tfa. a side view of a robed figure like this.

[​IMG]

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  8. Forcesensitive01

Apr 17, 2015
    I think it could be either one of them from the looks of it. The sith lord looks exactly like Plagueis is all I'm saying.

9. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Exactly. I know that MSW said they used placeholders but something just doesn't add up to me. Placeholders used were Luke, Vader, and apparently plagueis in that one concept art.

Notice how Vader has a role within this series, especially if Kylo ( rumor ) is acting like he is vader himself. ( so it's not really a placeholder in a sense ) then you have the luke thing which still connects in saying they're of the same family....

Plagueis just makes sense as the master considering what we know and it's the only real thing that makes sense since we don't know 'his' name at all. Why even use Plagueis as a placeholder?

10. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    This part of reddit rumor makes sense and is quite a shocker, if true:

Wow. How brave would that be. He'd have actual identity issues and possibly despise himself, his face must be horrid as well. Not sure about Driver/Denisof part though. Denisof?! What.

HeadingSouth likes this.
  11. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    He's clearly lying. What would be the point of hiring an actor of Adam's caliber just so someone else could voice the character? You have to remember, they only hired David Prowse because of his physical stature. He wasn't really an actor.

12. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    Agreed. That's one solid reasoning and I shouldn't be thinking about it.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I hope the makeup work is nightmarish for the villain.

14. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    Was it confirmed that picture was Driver or someone else?

I don't want any of the villains to look like the ones in Harry Potter, or any other movie franchise, for that matter.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    The concept art is clearly Kylo Ren IMO. It was speculated early that it could be a stand in until they figured out what Kylo looked like but now that we've had really good looks at his costume it definitely looks like him to me.

16. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    The concept art, if in fact it is Kylo, would insinuate he was severely injured judging if that is a vader-like respirator.

Was he injured in the academy disaster?

BTW - is that a 3rd lightsaber in the top right corner above Uber\Kylo's head?

It appears to be someone coming through the fog\dust plume carrying a lightsaber.

17. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Uber has been "through some stuff" according to Andy Serkis. You know who else has been "though some stuff?" Namely, magma?

[​IMG]

Think about it.

18. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    I don't know why Kylo Ren would need to pretend to be Vader. His Dark Side competition are pretty much history at this point in history.

19. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm not sure either. If he is Vader's grandson, why can't he just play up the "heir" angle? I'd think that would be enough. And more believable to the masses. You can just tell by his body that it's a younger dude and not as much machine.

CairnsTony and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  20. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Because people would fear him and respect him. Besides, he might truly believe he's Vader reborn.

21. m4st4

m4st4 Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 24, 2014
    We did think about it, preciousss... we did.

22. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    [​IMG]

23. Jensaarai-defender

Jensaarai-defender Jedi Master star 1

Sep 1, 2008
    I doubt that it's going to be true but I have the suspicion that Kylo Renn is going to be reveled to be Luke's illegitimate son.

24. Knessa84

Knessa84 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 21, 2014
    Any thoughts on why Kylo has this hatred for Han? I get that, yeah, Han is likely his father, but I sort of see Han as the "innocent" bystander in this whole debacle. Han just happened to fall in love with a woman who is force sensitive (she was even unaware of it herself at first). They had a life together, she got pregnant, etc... I would think his hatred would be directed more towards Leia and Luke. Unless he kind of reveres them because they are direct descendants of his idol and grandfather, Vader. But, at the same time, it's kind of weak for Kylo to have this hatred for his non-force sensitive father. Unless he thought Han should have been the voice of reason preventing him and Rey from being separated from their parents and sent to the Academy.

I think that's the key to Kylo's redemption (which will be difficult if he kills Han, I get that). If Kylo really believed being raised by Uber and being part of the Empire was a blessing in disguise, he wouldn't have the resentment directed at his parents. He must be experiencing regret and loss - his desire all along was really to be back with his family.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  25. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    Disney/Lucasfilm are not going to miss out on 2 years of selling "Uber" toys to kids, and you can't really sell a toy that doesn't have a face... We will see Uber's face, though probably only briefly, and very cryptic, not unlike the Emperor in ESB.

CairnsTony likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.