main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Agents of SHIELD Discussion Thread (and Slingshot)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 21, 2013.

1. GenAntilles

GenAntilles Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 24, 2007
    I think the issue is the show is going in so many directions. You have one part of the show that wants to go Inhumans, another that wants to be spy vs spy, another that's just a movie tie in that keeps everyone up to speed on the whole MCU.

If anything these last few episodes have felt like crossovers with two other shows rather than one show itself.

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Quite simply put, they risk pulling a comic book convolusion. Wanna get back into Batman? I think there are at least 5 titles for Batman. Marvel X-Anything? A dozen? Two Dozen? One Marvel show is all they need.

pronker likes this.
  3. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    But convolusion is one of the things I love about this genre! :p

Besides, they have 4 Netflix shows as well. WB has 3 DC tv shows now all in the same universe, with the possibility of crossovers with other ones.

2 more Marvel shows isn't really a issue, and honestly I feel it's needed. AoS is really feeling like a soft pilot for two other shows at this point.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    It depends on the final concept, no? One if the things that had helped the MCU line is keeping each sub-franchise or film distinct in genre, setting, tone or concept.

AOS can remain the mothership spy show while Mockingbird takes on a distinctly different mission focus (and if they play up the marriage/divorce angle, it'll have a unique dynamic from the rest of the MCU that will be easily marketable). The only crossover they'll need is the occasion phone call with Coulson.

Meanwhile Agent Carter isn't eating away at story ideas from any of those concepts either.

5. Lazy Storm Trooper

Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 18, 2012
    I wonder if ultron bots are going show up next week.

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    So, these last two episodes were awesome. I still can't tell if May has full-on bought into bringing Coulson in, or if Simmons is playing everyone again like she did with Bobbi, but that's what I love about May.

I, too, wonder if there's something with the 1988 date mismatching Skye's supposed age...

Jedi Merkurian and pronker like this.
  7. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Nah, they are going to assault the same arctic HYDRA base featured in AoU.

8. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Poor
    Ethan. A short life, but a merry one, I suppose, except for its end.

9. Yoda's_Roomate

Yoda's_Roomate Chosen One star 5

Feb 8, 2000
    So much stuff happening I already forgot what happened the first half of the season.

10. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Given May's backstory, I think she is VERY suspicious about powered people and feels that Coulson having such a big project and hints at being involved with more powered people... to her it probably seems like a betrayal given Coulson should know she would not be okay with that, or at the very least should've been in the loop on it.

11. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    At the end of the previous episode, when Fitz was trapped the bathroom, whatshisname asked if there was an electric hand dryer. Why? At the beginning of this one Fitz had already left the restaurant. I'm guessing something was cut?

12. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Nothing was cut. You aren't meant to know what the dryer was for. That's the joke.

GenAntilles likes this.
  13. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Last episode ended with Hunter instructing Fitz how to evade the agents. The next episode cut to after that when Fitz was escaping.

You fill in the blanks on you Fitz got that far yourself. We know Hunter instructed him and Fitz evaded 'real'SHIELD. The details are up to the imagination.

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So neither of you know.

Ezio Skywalker likes this.
  15. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Noodle Incident...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Citing MacGyver's ingenuity in similar circumstances, it may be that Hunter said to reverse the polarity of the hand-dryer, and then ... *mumble*

17. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001

I prefer this one myself.

[​IMG]

18. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Wow... that was a good episode.

Daisy's action scene... wow...

And I'm so happy my theory for how Coulson, SHIELD, Maria, Fury, and the Age of Ultron were all linked turned out 100% correct.

19. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Very good episode. Really showed how far this show has come this season and how the characters have evolved. And yeah, that action scene was awesome. Very well done.

RIP Bus. @};-

teamhansolo likes this.
  20. GenAntilles

Jul 24, 2007
    Fury will be pissed...

21. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
  22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    Yeah that was the best episode in a little while and a nice little set up for AoU. That fight scene with Skye was one of the better ones the show has had....it will be interesting to see where things go following the events of AoU.

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  23. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Noooo, Bakshi got vaporized. I was just getting to like his new and improved self.

teamhansolo likes this.
  24. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002

She has come a long way from being a nerdy computer hacker in a van.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Daisy's fight scene:

[​IMG]

So, we've now got confirmation that Gonzales' ship-hold whatever is very bad juju and I loved Coulson and Hill being all like "he takes votes, whaaaaaaaaaa?" Also, clearly setting up more friction with NuSHIELD being ridiculously xenophobic in regards to powered people and Bobbi and Mack almost certainly jumping off from that.

EDIT: Also, if it wasn't obvious, the same dude that gave us the below is the same dude who gave us Skye's sequence above:

[​IMG]