main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Ahsoka in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Nov 6, 2013.

?

What should Ahsoka be like if she turns up in Rebels?

1. Like she was before the S3 timeskip. Snippy, impulsive, petulant, a little over-agressive

4 vote(s)
    1.1%
  2. Like she was post-timeskip: Mature for her age, insightful, reserved, able to mentor others

203 vote(s)
    57.2%
  3. Radically grimdarkened, fatalistic, sarcastic, determinist, but still essentially a good guy.

115 vote(s)
    32.4%
  4. Non-Sith Dark Jedi... either freelancing it, or with a group like the Nightsisters

15 vote(s)
    4.2%
  5. Sith-aligned Darksider working with the Empire / Vader etc.

18 vote(s)
    5.1%
  1. ObsGryphon

ObsGryphon Jedi Padawan star 1

May 8, 2015
    I find I'm unable to accept a death from a heroic deed, I'm usually unable to do so with chars I hold close. Granted, yes, let her make an impact that spurred the Rebellion onward (stealing the plans of the DS as some suggested) but thereafter mysteriously vanished or thought lost after a battle to escape with it. I don't see why she couldn't "lurk" during the time period of the OT, with the others taking center stage, and lived on. I don't know, I guess there's no depiction of her having a settled life (peace) for any length of time which makes her death in any situation...unfair? There's only the impression that she's constantly on the move, facing jeopardy, crisis and overcoming them. So far, of all the fictional chars (of other franchises) I've an interest in, only one has a death in which I accepted with sadness and no regret. His death was already foretold and affirmed in the story. He went on to accomplish his goals and in that time period, the viewer knows he had a settled life, peace and a measure of happiness with his family. His passing was shown and there are questions because of what happened after he died but it is a death that raised no ruckus. *shrug* If anything, if they're going to kill her, I'd like some advanced warning because I'd prefer to distance myself before I get whopped over the head. But then of course, I doubt they would do that.

On further thought, it's probably better I start distancing now. That's not going to be easy.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm not following. Which part was I wrong about?

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    About people not liking the videos.

4. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I didn't say "no one" would like them. I only suggested that those videos might only get a few likes.

5. Agent M

Agent M Jedi Padawan star 2

May 13, 2015
    What did they do to her face?​
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. ObsGryphon

May 8, 2015
    ^ ?? Er...what're you referring to? o_O

7. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    They've changed her face slightly. It does look rather unlike her old one. I would have preferred something more like the Mortis vision.

8. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Change, in art style.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Knight Wolf

Knight Wolf Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 6, 2014
    I was thrown off at first too. Not so much by the changes to her face markings but by the strips on her lekku. I’m going to give it some time to see if it grows on me. Personally, I’m far more interested in seeing how her personality has changed.

10. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    The art styles are surely different of course. I would say looked good on Rebels, although I think that headband is also throwing people as some of her forehead is not visible with it on. Her patterns seems have changed due her aging, as its part've her skin pattern. The forehead pattern loses is very fine and nicer CW style which probably is annoying people. Even taking the headband into account they did seem to make her more lower foreheaded, where the pattern becomes very chunky and somewhat ugly.

[​IMG]

darskpine10 likes this.
  11. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Her TCW face is more angular - both her story era (teenage) face and her "future self" face from the Mortis vision. Her Rebels face has softer curves. The Rebels face is the more "realistic" of the two - her eyes are a realistic size, vs her cartoonishly large anime-esque eyes in the TCW model.

Her TCW face is also broader, her Rebels face a little thinner. Again, no biggie... a lot of people have somewhat rounder or more puffy faces during their teens. Puppy fat as it's known. That's obviously a human thing, but since Togruta are one of those alien species whose face is pretty much identical to a human face (which is of course improbable scientifically speaking, but that's for another discussion) it seems likely the same thing would happen with them.

Danifae, ObsGryphon and Iron_lord like this.
  12. ObsGryphon

May 8, 2015
    I thought her TCW face looked odd, somewhat bigger than adult faces. But I like how she looks in Rebels, softer curves, not so angular with that dent in chin and proportionate eyes. It's a change but a nice realistic change; faces tend to thin out and lengthen as one grows older. Moreover togrutan adults have long faces and high foreheads. It marks the difference between then and now.

There's also something bugging me; aren't the montrails a hindrance sometimes? Sometimes I'll have this whimsical scene; Ahsoka tries to hide behind some barriers. Stormtroopers come running up and look around.

Trooper A : It's easy to nail a togrutan.
    Trooper B : Really? How?
    Tropper A : Bunny ears. :D

Iron_lord likes this.
  13. SoloBrothers

SoloBrothers Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 17, 2013
  14. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    I get the impression from the video that Ahsoka, in fact, does not know who Vader really is. Not at first anyway. This is actually a good thing to me. Discovering something of that magnitude is really something that deserves to be seen on screen.

Some of the brief clips of her we see in this video are interesting too. her and Kanan using the Force together with his hand on her shoulder. Igniting her sabers, ready to kick some butt. And a worried look on her face even as the other seem to be celebrating something.

Season 2 can't come soon enough.

Kablob likes this.
  15. Kablob

Kablob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Well, that is one unhappy Togruta. I wonder who she's looking at.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
  17. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    Got a lot of Russian vibe with that city and that it is not a bad thing.

Kablob likes this.
  18. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I know right it looks like a giant Russian Orthodox church.

19. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Please, please, open a can of whoopass on Lux. And let that expression mean plenty of snark.

I'll forgive...well, not everything. But a lot.

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Doubtful Tano would kill Lux, let alone need two lightsabers to do it. He was not that bad of a character and he was just a young boy on the show and she was a young girl that were thrown into events far greater than themselves, including war and calls to take up roles of leadership at such young ages.

21. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    I think you're taking that post too seriously. :p

(I think you all can guess who I think it is...)

22. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  23. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014

I find interesting Filoni saying specifically the "Anakin trained Ahsoka" would not stand a chance while showing a clip of an about even match up between the two during Mortis back in TCW. But Vader is not Anakin anymore and he also makes a point she's this all grown up Jedi mentor and great warrior and being compared to Yoda and Obi Wan, so perhaps someone else trained her and that someone else made her more than a match for Vader.

24. Kablob

Jul 24, 2014
    That match up was less even and more Anakin didn't want to hurt her because she was kind of being posessed.

He outright said that Vader would definitely beat her in a fight because Vader trained her, all of the power she has now originates from her connection to him and in a fight with him that connection would become her greatest weakness. I imagine she would do a much better job of losing than Kanan and Ezra, but it still would not go well for her.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    That looks like the Kremlin or something behind Comrade Tano there...

Hey, my prediction here, though made in jest, might yet come true. I was thinking of the soviet posters of Lenin, Stalin etc. when I wrote that.