main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Andy Serkis (Supreme Leader Snoke) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Kuestmaster, May 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    I think the words "general" and "audience" should be no closer than 3 words from each other when posted on this website. It might be the most irritating term on this board. Does the "gen**** aud*****" really need to know or remember Plagueis? They won't know 80% of the cast in this movie & I highly doubt that's going to be deciding factor whether they like or even go to see TFA.

Dra--- and The Hellhammer like this.
  2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    They're going to plague us with info.

Seeher and TheBBP like this.
  3. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I actually am being swayed more to the idea of Darth Ruin being the villain but I would be okay with any of them, I just want Luke to fight someone very menacing and to have a geek moment of Luke Skywalker my favorite character fighting someone ancient and terrifying.

4. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    Luke will be fighting a major sith baddie in this one Darth Ruin was killed in 1000 bby before Luke's time in 19 bby so I doubt it will be him. If it's not Caedus who could it be?

5. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    but if Mizzlewump is right than Kylo Ren becomes Darth Ruin II and people want Serkis to play the original Darth Ruin,:p
    is that right???[face_batting]

Dra--- likes this.
  6. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

No. Caedus was the worst creation in the EU. Even if the villain were the Solos' son, I absolutely don't want him to even slightly resemble Caedus, character-wise. Caedus was a ridiculous character assassination of Jacen Solo's character in NJO. In addition, EU is Legends now so it's irrelevant.

So, to reiterate. No.

:p

7. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Point taken. Wow EU is being run out this universe.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  8. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Darth Ruin could be alive we don't know, but If Luke is the most powerful force user to live at this point you have to give him something terrifying and powerful to fight, some dude collection sith artifacts in his garage isn't enough in my opinion.

burg2774, DarthSyverus and dlbates like this.
  9. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Unfortunately, yeah. I love the EU, but it's gone, and will only be used for referencing purposes. But Caedus is one part that I'm glad is gone.

Dra--- likes this.
  10. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Thank You! That's what I have been saying. I have no problem with the apprentice collecting artifacts or what not, but to make it interesting the big bad has to be much more. Darth plagues, Ruin, Even an old secret apprentice of the emperor would be ok. To everyone who says "I'm sick of the Sith" and "they should have ended with Vader and Sidious" guess what? Star Wars is about Good VS Evil. If the Jedi are to portray the ultimate good than the Sith are the Ultimate bad. Also, if you think the Sith should have been destroyed, how many times have they been revamped in the EU?

Dra--- and Redimet like this.
  11. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000
    With Serkis confirming that his character is not cgi..could definitely put all PLAGUIS rumors to bed..

12. JediLight

JediLight Force Ghost star 4

May 31, 2001

I felt the same way originally. But I think if we don't end up getting Sith titles, the antagonists will never live up to the previous Sith we have seen. That's why they need to fall to the dark side and become new Sith.

13. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    The problem is that the EU is not the Saga. If TFA were beginning a new story, I'd have no problem with a Sith rebirth. But since this is Episode VII of a continuing story, Vader's sacrifice should have great significance and not be watered down by plot devises that nullify it. The story should not repeat the obstacles it already dealt with decisively. From what we're hearing, with Serkis's character having a different goal than Palpatine, it sounds like it's (thankfully) not heading in that direction.

14. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Where does Serkis confirm that?

starocean90 likes this.
  15. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    sorry it doesn't,
    -nowhere in the new canon does it say he's a Munn
    -the description is he's zombie like, so even if he's a Munn, it means he transformed into a "zombie" at some point.

and finally he never said his character is not cgi, he said he can't answer (but the massive grin does seem to hint he is cgi).;)
    5.) Will we see Serkis himself onscreen, or will his character be rendered through performance capture? CAN’T ANSWER.
    “I can’t say a single thing about that. I’m sorry!” Serkis says with a massive grin. “These things will all come out in the fullness of time, I promise.”

Dra--- and plaidphoenix like this.
  16. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    He said his voice is unaltered in the teaser. That's it. That's not saying his voice will not be altered by the time the film comes out. He said nothing about the extend of CGI in the movie, just his voice. He's not CGI in AOU.

Revanfan1 and my kind of scum like this.
  17. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Yep. He said his *voice* was not digitally altered. We still know as little about his character as ever.

18. Redimet

Mar 2, 2014
    Killing the most powerful being in the galaxy at the time was his sacrifice, not necessarily the sith.

kubricklynch likes this.
  19. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    I know Caedus wasn't much of a sith lord.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  20. Grand Master Galen Marek

Jun 22, 2014
    Revamped the sith to many times I for one am guilty of believing it.

21. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

He didn't coinfirm anything like that. All he confirmed is that he is playing only one character. The one that sounds like Darth Sion.

22. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    My interpretation is that, when they told him he'd be in the trailer, he knew it'd only be his voice because none of the animation had been completed. Hence why he wasn't sure how his voice would actually be used.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

The way I understood, he knew that his voice would be in the trailer, just not that his would be the only one. That his would be THE voice from the trailer.

24. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    A

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Is for Anakin?

Lord Gaos and burg2774 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.