main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Bait and Switch~ Pinky and the Brain Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by MiralukaJedi, Apr 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MiralukaJedi

MiralukaJedi Jedi Knight star 4

May 15, 2008
    Title: Bait and Switch
    Characters: Pinky, the Brain, Han Solo, Chewbacca (implied)
    Genre: Humour
    Era: New Republic era
    Summary: Taking over the galaxy is much harder than it looks. And good help is so hard to find.

Disclaimer: I own neither Star Wars nor Pinky and the Brain.

This vignette is a response to PonyTricks' Pinky and the Brain Meets Star Wars Quote Challenge. I drew # 6. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Thanks for the great challenge!

?Pinky, you got chocolate on my Jack-o-lantronic transmitter!? - Star Wars character - Han Solo

[u]Bait and Switch[/u]

There seemed to be very little that could go wrong with this plan and it would finally allow him to finally take over the world. Or perhaps the galaxy, if he could manage it at all. If only he had better help, then success could be guaranteed.

Pinky, his dim-witted counterpart, was as faithful a friend as any genetically modified genius lab mouse could ever want. He willingly helped with every scheme, even if that help was hampered by his feebleminded efforts and generally boobish commentary. Such as now.

?It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob.? Brain snaps at his gangly friend as he began to wonder if his friend?s ?help? sometimes was some sort of conspiracy against him by some unknown entity trying to plot against him for its own gain in his never-ending quest to take over the world.

?You have no idea.? Pinky replied, a surprisingly lucid comment that Brain hadn?t expected of the dolt.

But it wouldn?t last- it never did. Something would happen later that would simply reaffirm his old knowledge that Pinky was completely and hopelessly dense. It was only a matter of when.

Brain only hoped that this time, it would happen after he had managed to get his device set up and broadcasting. With it broadcasting from this junk pile of a freighter- which had been dead easy for the two mice to infiltrate and set about their work- he would be able to reach billions of sentients with his brainwashing transmission. And in doing so, convince them to make him their unquestioned leader.

The Jack-o-latronic transmitter was a stroke of genius, a true masterpiece. In his mind?s eye, as he could see all those glorious images of conquest and power. What he would do with it all- well, he had some faint ideas but nothing truly concrete. For someone who schemed to take over the world every waking moment of his existence, Brain truly had no firm idea of what he would do once he had achieved his masterstroke.

He?d gotten Pinky to hand him the necessary tools that he would need to finish connecting the improvised pumpkin transmitter into place on the ship; connecting it to the wires he reasoned that would enable him to broadcast his transmission to the planet of his choice- maybe even the entire galaxy. But in his fantasising about the beauty of a perfect plan and the sheer excitement over what he would do once he had fulfilled his dreams at long last, he failed to notice something truly vital.

For while he had intended Pinky to assist him with his plans as always, he had failed to notice- yet again- that Pinky was starting to do something that wasn?t going to help his plan. In fact, if anything at all, it was going to make matters worse.

Pinky was eating a chocolate bar that he had managed to scrounge from a storage cabinet in the main galley of the ship they had stowed away on and had just decided to eat it. And just when Brain had begun to ask him to hand him various tools that he would need to finish his work. When Brain asked for a wrench, Pinky, who as always wasn?t paying attention, handed him a gooey, half-eaten piece of chocolate instead of the wrench he asked for.

At first, Brain didn?t really notice it. But it didn?t take too long- unfortunately for the ambitious genius, it was already too late.

The chocolate started to fizzle and smoke on top of the jack-o-latronic transmitter. Sparks began to fly erratically from the transmitter, hitting both mice and the wall plating

2. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Oh, nooooo!!! :eek: :eek: Pinky and the Brain end up as Jacen's pets?? No wonder he turned into a Sith when he grew up. [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was very cute, MiralukaJedi! [face_dancing] [face_dancing] Thank you so much for participating. @};-

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Each time I read one of these, it becomes the funniest one yet! [face_laugh] Oh that was rich! I don't know who to feel sorrier for! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

[:D] for a GREAT challenge response!!!

4. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Hey mice, watch out what you call the Falcon!

I agree with PT, with those two as pets, Jacen just had to turn to the dark side! Great idea, Han! Dad of the year!@};-

Loved it! PT, this challenge is producing some amazing vignettes! =D=

5. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    with two crazy pets Jacen has to turn[face_laugh][face_laugh] Great story

6. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    Maybe, you never know. Thanks for the compliments and for the fun challenge. I'd definitely encourage you to come up with another challenge sometime in the future. You've even encouraged me to start thinking of another one of my own [face_devil] .

7. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    I'd feel a little sorry for both parties involved I think. Thanks for reading!

8. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    I'd have to agree that it's smart to watch out what you call the Falcon. Thanks for reading and I'm glad that you enjoyed it.

9. MiralukaJedi

May 15, 2008
    That does seem to be the concensus here! Who knows...maybe that's just the reasons [face_laugh]. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.