main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Star Wars: Battlefront (2015) & Battlefront 2 (2017) [Mod Approved]

Discussion in 'Community' started by IG_2000, Jun 10, 2013.

1. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I've played Fighter Squadron at Gamescom. It was really really fun to play! I can't wait for this! =P~

Darth Master Titus likes this.
  2. Darth Master Titus

Darth Master Titus Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 10, 2014
    Proof or it didn't happen :p

3. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    It did happen. [face_mischief]

4. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Not that it says a lot about the game itself, but Battlefront won plenty of awards at the gamescon:

- best of gamescon
    - best PC game
    - best playstation game
    - most wanted consumer award
    - best online multiplayer game

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  5. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    You can judge when all of these games (the end versions) have been released and you have ample time to compare them side by side, at your leisure. But best PC/Playstation game, Best of Gamescom (out of 70+ games), Best Online MP... They just seem premature. From experience, the desired award(s) often goes to the one that enjoys the biggest hype train or moneymaker behind it.

Only later on do you discover if these are actually justified. Do i think handing out awards before the actual release is a good thing? Not really.

When it's released, stick to youtubers who aren't sponsored by EA (i only have their word claiming they're not influenced in any fashion) in any way and have a tendency to dish out real criticism where and when it's necessary, if you want anything that resembles an honest opinion. After Hardline, which i luckily didn't buy, i know better.

6. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Well, yeah, as I said, it doesn't say a whole lot about the game. But on the other hand, it isn't all that common for one game to garner so many of these awards, so the very least you can say is that it left a good impression.

I don't mind handing out awards at such a show. After all, it doesn't claim to represent the quality of the final games, it just tells you which games left the best impression. It can also help hype games from smaller studios that otherwise wouldn't reach such a broad audience (which, in the case of German games, is pretty much every game).

7. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Regardless, i feel they can do without. If a game truly is deserving of the attention, with todays exposure and the willingness of youtubers/twitch'ers to give them a try, it will get it anyway. Good things have a habit of building a name for themselves. I feel it mostly serves the "AAA" titles in generating more hype than it requires, i haven't been a staunch believer of the pre-launch craze anyway, but to each his own. I just don't see much value in them.

8. TheyMightBeGeeks

TheyMightBeGeeks Jedi Padawan star 2

Jul 23, 2015
    You can't base anything on internet reviews or awards. It's a snowball effect where the initial general consensus sticks unless some major change comes along. Everyone's afraid of being on the side of the unpopular opinion. Nobody wants to be the website that gave the best game of the year a bad rating early on or the one that praised a game that ends up being hated by the majority. The only way to judge is to play the game yourself and form your own opinion.

Vib3s and Davak24 like this.
  9. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I don't think reviews for this game will be helpful when time comes some sites will give it a 9 others a 4.......

10. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    reviews are only one part of finding out if something is good. never go by reviews alone.

Darkslayer likes this.
  11. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    I agree I was just pointing out how reviews probably won't be helpful if one site is saying it's an amazing game while another is saying it's a dump on the star wars brand

12. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Davak24 and thejeditraitor like this.
  13. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    Because the edit function has timed out this unfortunately needs to be done as a follow up, just this once mods, i promise. So one of the DICE devs was asked about the short time of each round, turns out;

Dennis Brännvall@DICE_FireWall

Clarification on the Supremacy blog: each time a control point is claimed, time is added. A close Supremacy match can go on forever.

Second point of interest, on the facebook page of EA Star Wars they were asked if the Rebels will have any ground vehicles, their answer;

"Absolutely. We'll share more details on ground vehicles soon." (I suppose that means they'll have something other than the speederbike as a counterpart to the AT-ST)

https://www.facebook.com/EAStarWars.uk?fref=nf

14. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    I like it. However, I feel DICE is taking too long to reveal who else from the movies we can play as.

15. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Han, Luke, Chewie, Leia, Ben, Vader, Boba Fett...

Maybe Palpy.

Aaaand that's it.

16. Anakin_Prime

Anakin_Prime Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2005
    Now this is what I like to hear! Intense non stop action. This mode sounds like it will be my favorite.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
  18. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i'd play it but unfortunately it's a true statement. developers follow game stats online such as trophies and achievements and most players don't ever finish the sp campaign. i think it's mostly younger players and people who buy every new game that do this. they get easily bored and switch to the next new game.

developers aren't going to spend money on sp campaigns that hardly anyone plays. it's sad. i'm a big sp game player. that used to be all there was!!

Davak24 likes this.
  19. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    DICE, just make this game awesome and hush.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  20. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    That kills me, because I pretty much play games exclusively for the campaign, with multiplayer simply being a bonus since I have hardly gotten into online multiplayer, so this kind of ruins gaming for me.

Darkslayer likes this.
  21. Davak24

Jul 15, 2015
    I agree, Zeta.

They've had like 2 years to work on this game? And they couldn't have bothered to come up with a campaign?

Even the Battlefront PSP only games had campaigns.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  22. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    It's probably a good thing there is no campaign. .. DICE aren't exactly known for thrilling single player stories!!

Vib3s likes this.
  23. Vib3s

Vib3s Jedi Master star 2

Nov 28, 2014
    I'll have to admit that both campaigns of BF3/BF4 didn't really stick. I've played the latter only once, repeated the ending 3 times to get the weapons and never looked at it again. It was a nice rollercoaster ride, but nothing special. Weak characters and story.

They really should've stepped up their game if there was a SP campaign for Battlefront. I wouldn't have put much trust into it. Just because it's Star Wars does not guarantee it'll be stellar. I'd rather have them focus on the MP experience. I'll put my faith in campaigns if the focus is just on the SP side.

To have both in the same package and seem excellent looks like a near impossibility lately and something of the past.

24. SilentGuy66

Dec 1, 2014
    What would a campaign have been about?

Rebel squad going after a high value imperial target?
    Imperial Squad going after high value rebel target?

Are campaigns in shooters really that important?

25. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    yes. if it's a decent game.