Rebels Billy Dee Williams teases reprising his role as Lando in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by IG_2000, Nov 2, 2013.

1. IG_2000 Force Ghost

star 4
    I attended Rhode Island Comic Con today. Billy was charming and funny as usual but he didn't seem too on point and rambled occasionally, and at one point rambled on about something, the only thing I caught out of it was "Rebels... oh wait I'm not supposed to talk about that am I?"

If anyone here was in attendance, I was the guy who asked why Lando was wearing Han's clothes at the end of Empire [face_coffee]
    Last edited by IG_2000, Nov 2, 2013
  2. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    That would be pretty cool if done well. I'd like to see Lando with the Falcon.
    TKT likes this.
  3. Darth Kickass Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Shouldn't the time frame for Rebels be conceivably consistent with Lando losing the Falcon to Solo?
  4. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    [IMG]

I fully endorse some Lando action in Rebels.
  5. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
    I would in fact like to see Lando scamming Cloud City off it's previous owner.

Imagine if the previous owner was Hondo Ohnaka. That would be kinda cool... although I find it hard to see him falling for a swindle.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Barriss_Coffee Chosen One

star 6

Not to get offtopic, but what was his response?:p
  7. IG_2000 Force Ghost

star 4
    Two answers:

1) Han found Lando's wardrobe when he won the Falcon and decided to wear Lando's clothes himself

2) they were secretly an item.
  8. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    I'm way too much of a Han/Leia 'shipper to endorse that last one.
    Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
  10. Darth_Zandalor Force Ghost

star 4
    Maybe after he lost the Falcon to Han, he won another round of sabbaac and got that throat surgery to make him sound forty years younger. Because old Billy Dee sounds less sexy and more like a goofball.
    anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  11. Dinos4Ever Jedi Master

star 2
    I totally approve of this. Billy Dee is great!
  12. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
  13. Blur Force Ghost

star 4
    Big fan of LC in ESB & ROTJ, and always felt the character is unjustifiably criticized re: his initial actions in ESB (see my response to a recent Lando thread in the Classic Trilogy section).

Would really like to see the character in the forthcoming Rebels; I've always been interested in Cloud City, and feel it is, overall, somewhat ignored in the SW EU. It would be great to see the back-story behind how Lando "won" CC in an animated format. IIRC, this story was told in one of the Star Wars Tales anthlogy comic stories (Dark horse) years ago, but it would be nice to see it on-screen.
    Last edited by Blur, Nov 7, 2013
  14. Sannom Jedi Master

star 1
    It's harder to imagine Hondo being in any sort of legitimate business. That guy is all about the money and the life of a pirate.
  15. CommanderColt Jedi Master

star 1
    Well Lando left Cloud City in a hurry. I don't recall seeing him carry his luggage onto the Falcon at the end of ESB. If he was on the Falcon and needed something to wear I suppose it would have been easier to raid Han's closet than stop at a GAP or Old Navy to replenish his wardrobe. Or he could have borrowed something from Chewbacca ...
  16. Darth Eddie Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I disagree. Even if he has a tendency to ramble, Billy D's vocal performances are as fresh-sounding as ever. Older-sounding Billy D could easily play the part of younger-sounding Lando.
  17. CommanderDrenn Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    If they do it correctly, it would be cool to have him on the show flying the Falcon. I don't want an underdone, or overdone, for that matter, character, who is cheesy and/or goofy. Either way, it would prove interesting to watch. If he is going to voice the part, that's definitely a plus.
  18. kubricklynch Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Could he pull off sounding like his younger self? Sounds difficult, especially since the character would be younger than he even was in ESB.
  19. SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I would totally love to see some Lando action in Rebels. Lando is a great character, it'd be awesome to see him going on some escapades with Han and Chewie, getting in trouble with the Empire. I'm not quite sure if I want Billy Dee doing the voice though.
  20. IG_2000 Force Ghost

star 4

if anyone wants to dig through this be my guest.

...I'm at 17:42 in the vid
  21. Darkslayer Force Ghost

star 4
  22. Lord Ctessor Jedi Youngling

I wonder if we will finally get his origin story.
  23. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  24. Doop Jedi Master

star 2
  25. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6