main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Lando in Rebels

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by IG_2000, Nov 2, 2013.

1. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    I attended Rhode Island Comic Con today. Billy was charming and funny as usual but he didn't seem too on point and rambled occasionally, and at one point rambled on about something, the only thing I caught out of it was "Rebels... oh wait I'm not supposed to talk about that am I?"

If anyone here was in attendance, I was the guy who asked why Lando was wearing Han's clothes at the end of Empire [face_coffee]

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That would be pretty cool if done well. I'd like to see Lando with the Falcon.

TKT likes this.
  3. Darth Kickass

Darth Kickass Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2013
    Shouldn't the time frame for Rebels be conceivably consistent with Lando losing the Falcon to Solo?

4. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    [​IMG]

I fully endorse some Lando action in Rebels.

5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    I would in fact like to see Lando scamming Cloud City off it's previous owner.

Imagine if the previous owner was Hondo Ohnaka. That would be kinda cool... although I find it hard to see him falling for a swindle.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  6. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003

Not to get offtopic, but what was his response?:p

7. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008
    Two answers:

1) Han found Lando's wardrobe when he won the Falcon and decided to wear Lando's clothes himself

2) they were secretly an item.

8. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I'm way too much of a Han/Leia 'shipper to endorse that last one.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  9. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
  10. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    Maybe after he lost the Falcon to Han, he won another round of sabbaac and got that throat surgery to make him sound forty years younger. Because old Billy Dee sounds less sexy and more like a goofball.

11. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I totally approve of this. Billy Dee is great!

12. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    =D=

13. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Big fan of LC in ESB & ROTJ, and always felt the character is unjustifiably criticized re: his initial actions in ESB (see my response to a recent Lando thread in the Classic Trilogy section).

Would really like to see the character in the forthcoming Rebels; I've always been interested in Cloud City, and feel it is, overall, somewhat ignored in the SW EU. It would be great to see the back-story behind how Lando "won" CC in an animated format. IIRC, this story was told in one of the Star Wars Tales anthlogy comic stories (Dark horse) years ago, but it would be nice to see it on-screen.

14. Sannom

Sannom Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2011
    It's harder to imagine Hondo being in any sort of legitimate business. That guy is all about the money and the life of a pirate.

15. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    Well Lando left Cloud City in a hurry. I don't recall seeing him carry his luggage onto the Falcon at the end of ESB. If he was on the Falcon and needed something to wear I suppose it would have been easier to raid Han's closet than stop at a GAP or Old Navy to replenish his wardrobe. Or he could have borrowed something from Chewbacca ...

16. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I disagree. Even if he has a tendency to ramble, Billy D's vocal performances are as fresh-sounding as ever. Older-sounding Billy D could easily play the part of younger-sounding Lando.

17. CommanderDrenn

CommanderDrenn Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 19, 2013
    If they do it correctly, it would be cool to have him on the show flying the Falcon. I don't want an underdone, or overdone, for that matter, character, who is cheesy and/or goofy. Either way, it would prove interesting to watch. If he is going to voice the part, that's definitely a plus.

18. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    Could he pull off sounding like his younger self? Sounds difficult, especially since the character would be younger than he even was in ESB.

19. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    I would totally love to see some Lando action in Rebels. Lando is a great character, it'd be awesome to see him going on some escapades with Han and Chewie, getting in trouble with the Empire. I'm not quite sure if I want Billy Dee doing the voice though.

20. IG_2000

Aug 5, 2008

if anyone wants to dig through this be my guest.

...I'm at 17:42 in the vid

21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #1 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  22. Lord Ctessor

Lord Ctessor Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2013
    I wonder if we will finally get his origin story.

23. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    That'd be cool

24. Darth Doop

Darth Doop Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2014
  25. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004