main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Anthony Daniels (See-Threepio) in Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ender_and_Bean, Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Last Cookiemonster

The Last Cookiemonster Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 27, 2017
    It's nice to see Rey at least getting to do something new which isn't just copying rebooted Luke Skywalker scenes. They should have had this in the movie, have her arrive with threepio and when Luke refuses to teach her, she tries to teach herself using these various ancient writings around the place, let us actually see her learning some things which can play into the story later, and learn about the world along with her.

2. MagnarTheGreat

MagnarTheGreat Force Ghost star 5

Jul 21, 2016

Anthony Daniels: "For me to see the magic coming to this wonderful fruition...Episode IX is just a magical coming together. J. J. [Abrams] has joined all the dots and what makes me thrilled is that the audience, the fans, I think are gonna be really pleased with what he's done. Happy. You know there's been some sort of 'mmm' questions in the past but somehow J. J.'s woven it together with I have to say a terrific cast, an absolutely brilliant crew that you never get to see, but without them we don't got no movie. So thank you to them. And thank you to the fans for being in my life for more than 40 years. It's kind of weird, isn't it? And kind of lovely."

MeBeJedi and IlhamKamaruddin like this.
  3. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...se-of-skywalker-c-3po-will-surprise-everybody

4. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016
  5. MY Millennium Falcon

MY Millennium Falcon Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 9, 2019
    Hard to believe that Anthony has been involved in Star Wars in some capacity for over 40 years now... And he’s also the only actor to appear in every Star Wars movie, whether as C-3PO or other characters - that’s a remarkable record!

Waiting to check out Anthony’s interview at D23, hopefully I can watch the footage on YouTube - or is there any good streaming sites to recommend?

Darth Buzz likes this.
  6. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    We are going to have to wait for the YouTube video's. The panel will not be streamed at D23 :(

7. MY Millennium Falcon

Aug 9, 2019
    Ouch, what a waste... I was hoping that it will be like SW Celebration in Chicago, which was streamed live... [face_laugh]

So let’s just wait up for YouTube vids then... :p

8. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
  9. DarthHutt

DarthHutt Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 2, 2000
  10. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    Can’t decide if this is a good or bad thing. I mean, 3PO is consistently annoying. Do we really want him “front and center”?

alwayslurking and MagnarTheGreat like this.
  11. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Seems it's just as the macguffin, a means to an end. I'm cool with that, especially given how little he and R2 have factored into the ST as a whole. If you're going to bring the whole saga together and tie a bow on top, CPO's an elegant way of doing that given all he's seen and bore witness to.

Maybe the red eyes are something to do with them getting in his head, accessing all that? Hooking him up to some device or scanner or something.

12. MagnarTheGreat

Jul 21, 2016

Anthony Daniels: "When you see The Rise of Skywalker you'll see somebody did a magic trick - you almost won't be aware of mmmm some of the things that happened before." (archive)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    Darth Smurf likes this.
  13. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    Purpose of the red eyes? Is it like the silver and red arms or his style and color evolution in the prequels? As in they serve no plot purpose, just an old droid who needs new parts and has to take what he gets OR do they advance the plot (night vision, etc?)

14. MY Millennium Falcon

Aug 9, 2019
    C-3PO looks really menacing with those bright red eyes... Like he turned to the dark side in tandem with Rey... :p:c3po:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    DaddlerTheDalek and Darth-Seldon like this.
  15. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    They could work the red eyes into the search for the macguffin and/or the DS2 ruins. Specifically, that the red eyes can detect a certain radiation (or other quality that the object or person emits) or just night vision or something along those lines.

16. couchary

couchary Jedi Youngling

Jun 28, 2019
    As quick as the scene/clip is with C-3PO it felt a bit reminiscent of when Anakin rose for the first time as Vader.
    I may have been hearing things, or wanting to hear them, but it sounded faint Vader breathing when you first see 3PO

17. Aximili86

Aximili86 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 28, 2018
    Kinda figuring it's just something to do with the macguffin search stuff, they plug something into him to access his brain/memories, the different "mode" flashes his eyes red as it's happening.

Even looks like it might be happening inside an OT ship, tech room of a blockade runner or something.

18. StarVars

StarVars Jedi Knight

Nov 21, 2016
    Visual indication of hackage/reprogramming/some plot point related to his 1s and 0s

19. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I know the way the trailer is cut it seems to suggest that Red Eye 3PO is responsible for activating the massive laser beam that's being shot at that planet but maybe that's not entirely accurate? Maybe the red eyes are a visual cue to emphasize that he has accessed his former memories.

20. alwayslurking

alwayslurking Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 21, 2019
    OMG, this quote. I have no idea what he actually meant by it, but it speaks to my soul as someone who would love to purge a certain movie from my mind when I watch TROS. [face_laugh]

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    MagnarTheGreat likes this.
  21. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Isn't it that they put a battle droids memory chip into C3PO and he started acting more battle driven

22. Psychenous

Psychenous Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2017
    Could it be he got infected with the Triple-Zero matrix programming?
    [​IMG]

23. fuhry

fuhry Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 20, 2015
    Ever since the end of ROTS, when they ordered Threepio's memories wiped, I've thought it would be a fantastic plot device for his memories to be restored. There's so much the current characters, and even the OT characters, didn't know that Threepio could tell them if he remembered. Much like deleted data from a hard drive can often be recovered, I've always thought there's likely a way to bring those memories back, and that such an event could not only provide some classic Threepio humor but also point the heroes in the right direction.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if J.J. and Terrio recognized this early on and that's why they featured him so prominently in a movie to tie all the saga together.

The Regular Mustache likes this.
  24. Turinsd00m

Turinsd00m Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 9, 2014
    I think it is very possible that our heroes find the remains of 11-4D and somehow upload him into C3PO in order to access his memories. Here is what Wookiepedia states about that driod:

11-4D was a Protocol droid in the service of Darth Plagueis in the years before the rise of the Galactic Empire. Some time before the Clone Wars, Plagueis was killedby his Sith apprentice Darth Sidious, who took 11-4D as his inheritance. The droidwent on to faithfully serve Sidious for many years including the Imperial Era.

darthmixolydian likes this.
  25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Threepio is probably being operated on in some workshop on Kijimi, the one where BB-8 and D-O are in the trailer.

MarcJordan likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.