main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Carrie Fisher (Leia) in Episode VII (Sad News posted on Page 269)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by newdawn12, Dec 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
    I agree with SgtTimBob, it's Carrie's Leia.

However, in defense of Forcecast, DarthLightlyBruise, I have seen quite a number of analysis videos with people sharing the same opinion, that it is a younger woman. I think they're wrong, but I understand it. I was initially uncertain as to whether it was Carrie, Billie, or a handmaiden. :)

darthmomm likes this.
  2. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I may have been harsh there, especially as it's possible they used a younger hand model for that shot (George Costanza, perhaps)? And I generally think the folks at Forcecast are smart people. But in this case, they're almost certainly wrong, I think. Those are very likely to be Carrie's hands, or at least, the hands of an actress that is representing Leia.

3. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Yes, some people (I won't name names) acted like for it to be Carrie's hands would mean we would see shriveled, dried-up stumpy stubs. :oops:I think they are underestimating Carrie's skincare, and overestimating her actual age. And just because you're getting older doesn't mean you have to let yourself go!

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Rant on:

I will be so happy when all the dissing the actors' appearance chatter ends. It's been so disappointing to see interesting conversations in almost every thread about the characters / actors collapse into this superficial poop.

Rant off/

I'm looking forward to seeing the original cast official images now more than ever.

5. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    For the record, Carrie's hands definitely look OK, even now. No signs of old age or anything.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  6. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    Quite right! She, Mark and Harrison are all looking great.

7. InsidiousMongo

InsidiousMongo Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2015
    Like I said before, I want to see her fully trained as a Jedi rivaling Yoda in gymnastics.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  8. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    Definitely Carrie's hands. They're way too tiny to be Daisy's. Coupled with the fact she's wearing the outfit that MSW described.

Here, some pretty Carrie gifs. They're from a poster on tumblr named leias. Leia's, if you post around these parts, thank you for the pretty gifs!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Palpatine's P.A.

Palpatine's P.A. Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 9, 2014
    I get the impression she has found ageing hard, as a lot of people known for their looks when they were young do, because she constantly references getting older, but she still looks better than most 60-odd year old women.

10. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Regarding this supposed final scene of Han and Leia...

I'm now getting the impression that maybe, if they were separated, they weren't separated for too long. And I don't necessarily mean romantically-just location-wise. They might not actually be separated at all. There were some rumors posted a few months ago about Han doing some smuggling work in conjunction with the rebellion's, or whatever they're called now, to help Leia and her work. That actually sounds more plausible to me now because they "I'll hurry back" line sounds like they've been together for a long time, married or whatever. It sounds like a line a husband would say to a wife, or vice versa. To me, it doesn't sound like a line someone would say to a loved one he or she was just reunited with. It just doesn't sound right to me.

For this scene, please bring on the "sap." Thank you.

11. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Didn't they call their meeting scene "awkward" though? idk, I'm hoping they aren't divorced or anything but it just seems like that's how the scene is being described.

darthmomm likes this.
  12. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Right on!!!!
    The hand thing though- As a 44 yr old female who does not look in her 40's face wise; my hands do show my age. It has been said that a womans hands always tell the truth. I too at first thought those hands were a younger set until I saw someone post Carries hands.

I would like to know what type of handcream she uses , because it is working.
    I agree with you there. Also, I am thinking that Han is still part of the rebel alliance due to his jacket. Someone pointed out possible military insignia on his pocket
    Some spoilers have been correct however we have no emotional context of how these scenes have been acted. I too am suspect with the "awkward" moniker .

iluvkoalas likes this.
  13. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015
    Yep, agreed. Also, I don't necessarily think that the scene was awkward because of a separation. Maybe it's just awkward because Finn's supposed to be there, and Leia is suspicious. Maybe it's awkward because Rey wasn't supposed to be with them. Who knows?

darthmomm likes this.
  14. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    Could be awkward because they've recently had a fight and everyone else is awkward around the two.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  15. Millennium Fairlane

Millennium Fairlane Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2014

Or they fling themselves into each other's arms and have the PDA of the century. Awkward!

but unlikely

16. yogacat

yogacat Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 6, 2014
    Or awkward because they accidently pull their blasters on one another, not anticipating the other was going to be there at that time and mistaking them for the enemy.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  17. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I just hope they have a decent amount of dialog with each other prior to Han's end.

18. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    with Leia saying:"If anyone kills you, it will be me". [face_laugh][face_devil]

19. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014
    ^HA HA, that sounds like a Leia line. I love it.

20. darth dariakus

darth dariakus Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2014
    Or awkward because Han shows up with the daughter they promised to hide.

21. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  22. ThreeDeathstickProblem

Sep 25, 2014
    So Carrie believes Leia's appeal to male fans is based almost purely on the fact that they want to sexually dominate her? Carrie must meet a really, really bad representative sample of fans, or someone is telling her this about them.

Either way that's got to be the most unintentionally depressing interview I've ever seen from the official Star Wars YouTube channel.

ETA: I know Carrie often speaks tongue-in-cheek, but her extended discussion of the centerfold-esque view of Leia was, I think, mostly genuine.

darthmomm and starocean90 like this.
  23. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Carrie's a riot. And it's wonderful to watch her make Taylor squirm. He really has no capacity to handle her!

darthmomm, Wildcatbarry and yogacat like this.
  24. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015
    You know, it's funny...Han and Leia were never the most discreet couples in the universe. If anyone here has watched Smallville and is a Chloe and Oliver fan, you'd understand how discreet they were about their relationship. Han and Leia never seemed to have any problem with being affectionate in front of others.

For instance:

1) The public kiss in Empire before Han gets frozen.

2) The public kiss in Jedi when Han and Leia reunite on Endor.

3) Leia leaning on Han and holding his arm during the scene where C3PO explains the rebellion to the Ewoks in Jedi.

4) Leia and Han basically never letting each other go in the final Jedi scene.

25. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    You down wit' PDA? Yeah you know the OT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.