main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST CASTING RUMORS

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Yensid1974, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinsanity

vinsanity Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2013
    It would be interesting to see DDL as a Lord Sith and everybody on set calling him Lord or Darth something

Ryus and The Hellhammer like this.
  2. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    THIS JUST IN
    "Daniel Day-Lewis nominated for Oscar for his reading of the menu, during lunch with KK and GL". Bravo =D=

3. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Yeah, as in maybe George is just a fan and asked KK for an introduction.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah, DDL does know KK. Could just be lunch.

Dewback likes this.
  5. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    I'll believe this rumor when we have more sources confirmed it and not just a "oh yeah the lunch existed" but a "He is in talks" kind of confirmation. Most likely this "rumor" (if we can even consider it that now) will just fade away when the next rumor hits

6. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I won't believe this until I see the movie, and even then I'll be looking for evidence of a CG double. :)

Darth Claire likes this.
  7. Count Yubnub

Count Yubnub Force Ghost star 5

Oct 1, 2012
    Daniel Day-Lewis gotta eat!

Echo-07 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  8. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    "FREE SCOOP: JJ Abrams ordered a pizza delivery from GREG THOMPSON who works the late night shift."

Casting rumors thread: 50 pages of who Greg could play in the upcoming movies.

9. Darth_Panicius

Darth_Panicius Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 7, 2013
    I think the consensus is clear on this rumour. Would be nice to have, but let's face it you'd stand more chance being struck by lightning 30 times then winning the lottery 4 consecutive weeks.

EDIT: and I don't mean Hellhammers rumour, I think that's true :p lol

10. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I have the sinking feeling that we won't be getting any official confirmations on this thing ever. What we know is what we know. We're going to be victims to the rumor mill and any leaks that may or may not occur. Just saying they could start shooting without us knowing for sure who all is cast in it, well, except for Chloe Moretz who IF cast couldn't keep her yap shut. LOL

11. Darth_Panicius

Apr 7, 2013
    Makes you wonder doesn't it? How many of these rumours are put out there by the production , so that if something does leak we'll be so inundated by rubbish we won't believe the real story lol

12. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I've speculated many times that LFL might have a "troll division" specifically scanning the internets for rumors patrol as well as putting out disinfo. This was partially confirmed when it was learned that Obi Wants to know was a LFL website that was actually monitoring the feedback of the Rachel Hurd-wood and Alex Pettyfer rumors.

Just for the record, I'm all for Rachel but Alex got to go (according to Darth Claire and I take her word for it!)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  13. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if this were true.

14. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Put me in the DDL would be amazing but can't see it happening in a million years.

We'll get announcements when they're ready to announce. I suspect we'll get everyone in one go. They're not jerking us around for the sake of it. There is zero need to hold back on cast.

15. Tibanna Gas Mine

Tibanna Gas Mine Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 2, 2012
    I... drink... your... blue milk! I drink it up!

16. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    DDL isn't power-lunching for a role in VII, folks. It's for the lead role in that prestigious Star Wars: The First Jedi stand-alone project I've been dropping hints about since forever now (maybe you guys hadn't heard*, but Count Yubnub signed-on as a co-writer just this past week).

*You probably just missed it because I don't keep a twitter feed. ;)

But seriously, Daniel Day Lewis in a SW feature actually would fulfill one of my casting fantasies, hands-down.

Count Yubnub likes this.
  17. Darth_Panicius

Apr 7, 2013
    I don't think anyone is denying that it'd be one of the best bits of casting since nailing Alec Guiness and Peter Cushing for E4. Just, as you say, it'll be as likely as Earth Devestating Asteroid coming out of my backside.

EDIT: Just to let you know, I've provisionally booked an appointment with a proctologist, in case this extremely unlikely rumour is true :p lol

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  18. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    You will be sure to let us all know how that goes, yes? [face_clown]

19. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Sigh, El Mayimbe again? Him and TLR are quickly starting to rival SuperShadow. We're pretty desperate to be going to him again and again after the constant letdowns and hype. Daniel Day-Lewis would be a fine addition to Star Wars, however his age and build does not fit into the casting call.

20. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Daniel Day-Lewis can change his age and build at will. I hear he may be up for the role of the Sarlaac.

21. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003
    These casting rumors are getting funnier and funnier :p

22. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Daniel Day-Lewis would be a fantastic addition to the Star Wars universe. It might have just been a lunch between friends but then again if he was cast, the way he is with his characters, he'd absolutely insist on meeting and picking the brain of the creator of the universe. Maybe he just thought it'd be something different and fun to do or something his children could enjoy. Probably rubbish though.

23. Darth_Panicius

Apr 7, 2013
    The casting call does not list every role within the movie, only those which are going to open audition. As has been previously mentioned, some actors will be approached directly and invited to audition for specific roles.
    Would be interesting to see that performance, especially how he'd play out the regurgitating of Boba.
    If you ask to see the images, I'll be more than a little concerned :p lol

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  24. 3PO

3PO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2003

How on earth would you know how he studies for his characters?

Sounds like wild assumptions and a rehash of the cumberbatch argument.I wouldn't put a lot of faith into this new lowly rumor :p

25. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009

You don't like the idea of Effron being in the movie, that's fine. He's not at the top of my wish list either. But mocking him for having needed rehabilitation? That's really not cool. The guy is human, and all humans have vices. And it's not as if Star Wars hasn't already used stars who have suffered through substance abuse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.