main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Colin Trevorrow NOT directing Episode IX

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by starocean90, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KembaSkywalker

KembaSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 16, 2016
    Obligatory Troy gif for walking into this thread

[​IMG]

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    TheDonnerSmarty Watch the double posting please. Either respond to multiple people in a single post or wait until some else has posted before posting again.

3. TheDonnerSmarty

TheDonnerSmarty Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2016
    Rayne Roberts (@raynemikele) is on Twitter, if anyone wants to voice their concerns. She's on the Lucasfilm Story Group.

4. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2016
    I dunno what to say? What do the star wars community do in general? mobilize a movement online and beyond? Open conversations with the relevant people? I mean is there anyway of communicating with KK? I'm not sure what we can do directly when Lucasfilm is so closed off. I doubt Daisy will speak out she doesn't hold that much sway, Carrie is no longer with us. I just see this complaining having no end product. It seems pointless plus there are people are so closed off to storylines in general because it suits there perspective and protects there ideas of promoting characters it makes them blind it almost feels redundant to speak out anyway.

How do you do it, how do you raise these problems? Am sure I have no clue or idea because Lucasfilm is not listening as of right now.

nightangel likes this.
  5. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    Well, there is at least some movement in the media. Although I'm not sure if it will lead anywhere...

6. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I finished watching Jurassic World and Savety not Guaranteed. SNG had some nice moments and was more a dark humor movie. But I completely get your point about the portrayal of all female characters in his movies. They are sadly terrible done. Both male and female lead in JW reminded me for most part like in a cheap Sci-Fi channel B or C movie. I think they would have been great in Sharknado, a movie which is not serious. [face_worried] Yes, I see really serious problems in his ability to bring a great performance of the actors. [face_worried]

7. nonesuch

nonesuch Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2015
    I just watched that 'film' and I feel slightly ill. I can only describe it as repulsive.

EHT, What Girl and Gigoran Monk like this.
  8. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    Nah, go straight for Pablo, I'd love to see his reaction to fandom's new 'Henrygate' scandal.[face_laugh]

Anyway, something (call it The Force, or $1.6 billion) tells me that KK has most likely seen "Home Base" and hired CT anyway.

[​IMG]

{Quantum/MIDI} likes this.
  9. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001

I swear to god if he has Rey running around in stilettos like that woman in Jurassic World, I'm throwing my shoe a the screen,.

10. Jacques who

Jacques who Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 18, 2017
    I bet they're absolutely paying attention to the BOH reviews because they're going to be answering questions about CT's future whether they want to or not. The sexism... I doubt they're listening to that at all and won't unless some huge publication like Vanity Fair writes about it, but even then they'd probably just release a statement and tighten the leash further. He's pretty safe even if this is picked up as a major story. It'd have to get REALLY bad for them to throw out years of work. But they're probably going over everything with a fine toothed comb.

11. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Poe: Home Base, this is Black Leader. I found them. Repeat, I found them.

12. nightangel

nightangel Force Ghost star 6

Oct 31, 2014
    I have not seen the main actress of JW in any movies before, but it was one of the worst roles I have ever seen. She seemed lifeless. And the male guy looked like Indy for poor guys. :rolleyes:

13. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    An answer to the sexism problem and highlighting it. Dare I even say this. Since a certain someone who gets details spread in the express do we dare reach out to him? Do we go that far and try to get him to something out there, do we make him a legitimate journalist? Tough call - horrific spoiler hound that may carry a tiny bit of weight?

___ Me I don't even know what am contemplating. That's desperate.

Birkendoc likes this.
  14. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013
    So these two tweets really bug me, provided of course that the info is correct...

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/875818512052133888

https://twitter.com/slashfilm/status/875819124688945152

So Kathleen's known that this stinker was in the can since late 2015?

15. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    If you're talking about that one guy with Zeroh credibility, then no. Handing it to him wouldn't make him a legitimate journalist, it might just strip the story of its legitimacy as an issue.

Dark Horse likes this.
  16. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I think that might be a little off. I think it started filming in late 2015 so they probably saw it late 2016 since that's when it was originally scheduled to be released.

17. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    It's not the heels that bothered me. I've seen plenty of women run in heels (And that was Bryce running in those heels). It's that she does it in a rainforest.

Frankly, if he has Rey in heels of any kind it'd be stupid. I understand why they had Wonder Woman in wedges, WW is supposed to be really tall, but Rey is in Jedi training. Don't see many heels at the Dojo.

She's in all kinds of stuff. Lady in the water, The Village, Spiderman 3 (*gag*), The Help, Terminator Salvation, some more that escape me. She got a lot of acting talent, much more than she can pick a script.

18. Dark Horse

May 15, 2016
    Your probably right, its just that its looking really bad at the moment. Desperate times, desperate methods. Am just looking for ways to open some lines of communication because as of right now there's literally 'zeroh' avenues to pursue =((

19. Howard Hand

Howard Hand Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2015
    Spider-Man 3 is better than all of the other movies you listed

nightangel likes this.
  20. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    So how exactly did he get the job? Jurassic World? That was a steaming pile.

Did they throw a dart on a board with a bunch of directors' names and randomly select him?

21. Jid123Sheeve

Jid123Sheeve Guest

Kathleen Keenedy Husband was the producer of JW and he's good friends with Stephen Spielberg.

Ricardo Funes likes this.
  22. General_Leia_Organa

General_Leia_Organa Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 23, 2016
    Brad Bird Recommended him to Kennedy when he turned down episode VII

23. fastcooljosh

fastcooljosh Jedi Master star 2

Mar 15, 2017
    I am only on Page 72 atm, so maybe the tone shifted already, but damn you people are crazy.

You saw a nothing of TLJ, besides freaking teaser, and already praise the **** out of Johnson and how brilliant his movie willl turn out and at the same time bash the **** out of Colin who made a little movie nobody sady care about.
    Just wait and see, LFL knows what they are doing.
    And btw dont forget Rogue one was "saved" in post production/reshoots by LFL & gilroy.

24. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001

Well that certainly does not instill confidence. That sounds like a favor called in, not merit based selections.

25. Chained Prometheus

Chained Prometheus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 24, 2013

It started filming in September 2015 and wrapped up production in November the same year, originally scheduled for release in September 2016. I'm guessing what Sciretta meant is that Lucasfilm got to see a rough cut of the film in December 2015 or so.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.