main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Domhnall Gleeson (General Hux) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Momotaros, Apr 30, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    I just listened to today's episode of Rebel Force Radio. In the spoiler section of today's show Jason and Jimmy said that they have heard themselves behind the scenes that Gleeson is playing Luke's son. So RFR seems to have independently confirmed it now as well!

2. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Couldn't they just be referring to MSW's reports? [face_dunno]

3. Luukeskywalker

Luukeskywalker Force Ghost star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    No they actually said that they have heard this themselves.

They said that it has been reported online now, but they had heard this behind the scenes before it was reported online.

Anyone is welcome to listen to today's show to verify I heard it correctly. Its at the very end of the show in their 15 minute spoiler section.

4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    [​IMG]
    [face_devil]

5. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    RFR is probably the best SW podcast out there. They have claimed to have heard Rey is a Solo, Han dies, and now Dom is a Skywalker.

6. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I like all of those ideas and hope they all turn out to be true haha.

7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Me, too.

Don't get me wrong: It's not as though I'm pining for Solo to die, or anything. I love Han, but if any one of the original heroes must go in the ST, I think I'm much more ready for it to be Solo than anybody else.

And everyone already knows how I feel about having 'Dom Skywalker' and 'Daisy Solo' cousins in the ST. [face_love]

T-R-, coxie0520, Revanfan1 and 2 others like this.
  8. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    And according to MSW, all of that is now void except for Han dying.

If Luke isn't near the superweapon, there is no reason to believe there is a superweapon. They were paired in the rumors.

If no superweapon, Gleeson doesn't deactivate it. If that is the case, then Dom is likely not Luke's son. Again, those were clustered together.

And if Luke is in 20 seconds of the movie, they wasted a WHOLE movie that could feature Luke's son and they don't even interact. Again, pick your poison. Either you believe Gleeson is Luke's son and thus the rumors from Monday or you believe the latest rumors and discard Dom being Luke's son as described.

9. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I don't believe that anything has been voided.

The latest Superweapons rumors pertained to Leia's story line and Gleeson's story line, not Luke's. One Superweapon built by the Empire (which, according to MSW, very much does exist and is fired by Gleeson's 'the General'), and a second Superweapon which Leia is thinking about using.

The latest Luke rumor (prior to today's "he's only in one scene" rumor you refer to) was that Skywalker was guarding a Tomb. It is true that at one time it was speculated that perhaps Luke himself was a "Superweapon" -- or somehow tied to one as a 'key' (he had to stay in exile, because if he left, it would detonate), and that this potentially revolved around the Sith homeworld. But I believe this to be old information and very much separate from the newer, MAD/two State Superweapons/Cold War going hot story line.

But maybe I'm remembering something incorrectly?

coxie0520 and starocean90 like this.
  10. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Yes you are correct. In the latest rumor Gleeson uses a weapon which led MSW to believe he was NOT Luke's son. And with Luke now supposedly having only 5 seconds of screentime (which apparently took 3 days to film o_O) it makes less sense that Gleeson is Luke's son.

11. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    who knows it could still be a case that he was sent by Luke to accomplish a mission and Making doubting he's Luke's son seemed to have been speculation on his part.;)

12. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Right, I was just replying to your assertion that "If Luke isn't near the superweapon, there is no reason to believe there is a superweapon. They were paired in the rumors.."

As to whether a single scene for Luke means he cannot have a child? I don't see the cause/effect there? I mean, I understand what you're saying, I just disagree.

To me, Luke could conceivably not be in the film at all and one of the new characters could still be his child.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's not how I'd handle it. And that's because I'd want to put a whole bunch of terrific father/son scenes with the two appearing together in the movie. But if Luke really does only show at the end, then maybe the scenes between he and his kid will have to wait for Episode 8?

Or, as I suspect, perhaps we'll see more of Luke than just that one final scene?

Anyway, my whole point is, to me (no matter who Gleeson ends up portraying), nothing about today's rumor automatically negates the possibility that MSW's sources who claimed Gleeson is a Skywalker were right on the money.

Revanfan1 and starocean90 like this.
  13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Another question for MakingStarWars, if you have the time...

Your description of Gleeson firing a Superweapon after his crew flees? It almost sounds to me like a kind of 'final act' before dying. So my question: Any idea whether Gleeson's character survives TFA?

Revanfan1 and starocean90 like this.
  14. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Ehh even if he does die *which I dont want. He's to pretty and ginger to die* he'll at least live on in the fan fics and inevitable spin off novels/comics/whatnot. I know one thing for a fact....tumblr fangirls/fan fic writers love their british gingers and Lucasfilm should capitalize on that. Bring on ALL the Ginger Imperial/Skywalker/Whatnot action figures!

15. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    What seems to be dead is the whole tomb stuff. Gleeson almost for sure is an Imperial, and fires the superweapon against innocents. That made Jason change his mind and think he won´t be related to Luke. In the latest Luke rumors, Jason describes the end of the movie. And it seems there is no Gleeson anywhere. He is not with the heroes, and certanly does not seem to end with Luke.

Given what Jason has posted, if I were him I would probably would not believe he is Luke´s son neither. I don´t know about you guys, but I have been expecting a big revelation moment for Gleeson at some point in the movie, towards the end. That is what previous rumors said. And Jason, who seems to know what has been filmed or not, does not seem to have seen such scene anywhere.

Once thing is for sure, it´s all about the Solos. At least this movie.

16. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Yeah, I think the only legacy character is Kylo Ren. Its starting to make sense why that is.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Ugh. Don't say that. :p

Darth_Bertie, T-R- and starocean90 like this.
  18. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I hope Gleeson doesn't die. It would be a massive waste of talent. And it would be just plain disappointing.

19. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Well, if MSW info is true, he is not with the heroes at the end of the movie, nor with Luke. It would be sad, yep. But, as I have said, the latest rumors hint at Disney wanting to move away from the Skywalker family. If the only Skywalkers are Luke, Leia and Kylo Ren, I think this might be the last trilogy with a Skywalker.

20. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013

I think they are last numerical films. I also believe that moving away from the Skywalker family is the right thing to do artistically. Other people(independent of Skywalkers)have to start to matter...

21. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    In the (would be) words of a certain space pirate....

Don't knock the ginger ninja sweetheart

:D

22. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    And I think it's a mistake to move the numerical Saga away from the Skywalker family.

Personally, because the Skywalkers are at the heart of my enjoyment of the franchise.

Artistically, because there is still so much which can be explored, just even with Luke's story let alone his child(ren), his nieces and/or nephews and any future heirs.

And finally, the bottom line for a mega-corporation, commercially. A Skywalker or three in the ST leaves the door open for future Skywalkers down the road.

No legacy character from the line of Luke and Leia slams that door shut forever. If -- if -- I honestly believed in my heart that we'd never see any future Episodic chapters down the road? Then maybe I could see some merit to the idea of ending the Skywalker line with Luke and Leia. But I have a real difficult time believing that before they even release their very first Star Wars feature property, Disney has made the decision to forever abandon the heart of their investment.

Any way you slice it, it's a mistake (and unlikely) of a move to me.

23. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Jan 5, 2013
    No I think its the right move getting away from Skywalkers. You can only go through so many sons/daughters nieces/nephews before you are just treading water. I think the numerical stuff will conclude with episode 9(thus the Skywalker saga).

24. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I know you think so (you just said so). :p

We each have our own opinions, and well... I disagree. :)

I think there is an awful lot of compelling "Skywalker" left to potentially explore in Star Wars film.

25. Fruit Pastilles

Fruit Pastilles Jedi Master star 3

Dec 21, 2014
    Some already suggested it here before, but with Domhnall hopefully playing Luke's son, I'd love to see an ending to Episode IX like this:

There's celebrations going on all around the galaxy, but Domhnall is just relaxing on Tatooine on the old Skywalker farm we've seen with Luke and Uncle Owen. He goes outside and sits down, looking up at the two suns orbiting the planet, and then we see Luke appear for the first time as a Force ghost sitting beside him, smiling and proud. Domhnall's the unsung hero of the trilogy, taking up small but vital roles such as an undercover Rebel agent with the Empire, and is finally noticed for what he did. Luke looks over to the other side of Domhnall, where Anakin is now sitting, also smiling. The camera shows the back of them, with the suns in the foreground, and with Sunset Binary climaxing in the background. The credits hit, and it's the end of another trilogy.

It's all about tying the saga together.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.