main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Events EUC Interview Thread: Now Interviewing Jedi Knight Fett!

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Runjedirun, Apr 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    And I knew that, too.

Sent via Tapatalk this was.

Lady Belligerent likes this.
  2. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Lady Belligerent likes this.
  3. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Which one of the new non-human races we have seen in TFA and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Which background character in TFA deserve to get his story told?

Do you know any other language/s?

Favourite kind of food pie?

4. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Do you believe in cryptozoology & aliens? I take an agnostic view.

5. Darth_wanderguard

Darth_wanderguard Game Host star 6 VIP - Game Host

Apr 26, 2005
    Do you believe in ghosts, or have you ever had a paranormal experience?

6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    What, now Legend, non-humans species that have never gotten any real description would you like to know more about?

Hmm...to be honest, I really can't think of any! :p It seems like almost everything has gotten attention over the years in Legends, but if I do think of something, I will let you know!

Which one of the new non-human races we have seen in TFA and the NEU would you like to know more about?

Ello Asty has always caught my eye in TFA, so I would probably say the Abendnedo.

Which background character in TFA deserve to get his story told?

Lor San Tekka; we get such a brief glimpse of him at the beginning of the film, but he makes quite an impact with what he reveals. I would be interested in learning who he is exactly and what his connection is to the Skywalker/Solos.

Do you know any other language/s?

I took French in high school (I don't remember too much, but some has stuck), and I've picked up a little bit of Polish from working at a sandwich shop years ago. The cook was from Poland and he used to yell at us in Polish all the time.

Favourite kind of food pie?

While not really a pie in the traditional sense (at least, from where I'm from – there is no crust), I'm going to have to say chicken pot pie. Or, if you really want a local delicacy, the whoopie pie.

Do you believe in cryptozoology & aliens? I take an agnostic view.

While I'm skeptical on the cryptozoology creatures (some are downright laughable), I do believe that there is life out there beyond Earth. The universe is such a huge place, there's bound to be something else out there.

Do you believe in ghosts, or have you ever had a paranormal experience?

I do believe, and yes, I have had a strange experience when I was real little. It's hard to describe exactly, but I vividly remember seeing something in my bedroom with me one night on the ceiling. Maybe it was nothing and it was just my imagination getting away from me, but it has stuck to me to this day. And a neat little connection, but my ex-boyfriend was one of those paranormal hunters. He went to Penn State and was part of that TV show Paranormal State that aired several years ago on A&E. While he admitted to me that most of it was just fluff, he did have some interesting stories to share.

7. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    A) Pic an non-human species B) pic a real world culture/sub-culture's (alive or dead) fashion that you think would fit that species

Who is best dressed in SW?

Favourite non-human species and why?

Favourite SW culture?

If you could change something in the old canon, what would it be?

What would you want to see more of in SW?

What now Legend species would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?

Any now Legend non-jedi/sith Force tradition would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?

8. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    A) Pic an non-human species B) pic a real world culture/sub-culture's (alive or dead) fashion that you think would fit that species

I don't know how far out of left field this is, but Twi'leks always reminded me of gypsies...I have no reason why.

Who is best dressed in SW?

The obligatory answer would be Lando, but yeah...I can't bypass Han on this one and his tight pants. :p

Favourite non-human species and why?

I keep coming back to Rodians, but that's due more to their design than anything else. They're wonderfully campy and a great take on the stereotypical 'alien' of the 50s and 60s. I love it.

Favourite SW culture?

I've always found the Hapans fascinating. They remind me of the Star Wars version of the amazonian women.

If you could change something in the old canon, what would it be?

Jacen Solo becoming Darth Caedus. It just came off as too contrived to me, and personally, that whole story arc was less than satisfying.

What would you want to see more of in SW?

The 'little guy', or rather, the more day-to-day happenings of the GFFA. I know it's called Star Wars, but I would love to see all aspects of that universe, including the mundane ones. It helps to flesh it out and feel more real.

What now Legend species would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?

Barabels. Awesome design and they really stole the show when they showed up in the novels, particular the Sebatynes.

Any now Legend non-jedi/sith Force tradition would you like to see reintroduced in to the new canon and why?

Hmm...I can't really think of anything off the top of my head, and maybe that's because I've been fairly selective with what EU stories I invested time into. The only things I can really think of are the different examples introduced in FotJ when Luke and Ben set out on their journey. But even then, I'm not really familiar with any of them to really form an opinion. I keep wanting to say the Aing-Tii Monks, but I think that has more to do with simple name recognition than anything else. :p

9. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    What is your favorite word?

What is your least favorite word?

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

What turns you off?

What is your favorite curse word? (Yeah, I know you can't say the actual word... do your best.)

What sound or noise do you love?

What sound or noise do you hate?

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

What profession would you not like to do?

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

10. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    What is your favorite word?

Shenanigans.

What is your least favorite word?

Can't.

What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally?

Music.

What turns you off?

Gossips or arrogance.

What is your favorite curse word? (Yeah, I know you can't say the actual word... do your best.)

It rhymes with 'duck.' :p

What sound or noise do you love?

A fan running in the background while I sleep.

What sound or noise do you hate?

Styrofoam rubbing together, or here's an odd one...the sound of my father blowing his nose. Talk about embarrassing...

What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?

Definitely meteorology. I've always been fascinated by the weather.

What profession would you not like to do?

Business or politics.

If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?

"Welcome home."

11. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    That's two words. :p

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  12. Corellian_Outrider

Corellian_Outrider Former FanForce Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 9, 2002
    I do have a few I want to ask.

Artwork:
    I know for your artworks that you have worked with different mediums... Which medium do you enjoy working with?

Is there a medium do you wish you could spend time on? (e.g. modelling, photography)

Disney:
    How do you feel about the current trend of creating live action renditions of classic animated films?

What are your thoughts on Jon Favreau working on The Lion King?

Star Wars:
    When the Sequel trilogy wraps, would you like to see a new trilogy or more stand alone films?

Which story from the EU would you like to see adapted into film?

Also, cannot wait to see more of your artworks :)
    :ahsoka:

13. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Always a pleasure to see you, C_O! :)

Artwork:
    I know for your artworks that you have worked with different mediums... Which medium do you enjoy working with?

Copic markers and colored pencil seem to be my 'go to' mediums as of late. For the work I do for the card companies, this is the easiest way to achieve the level of detail and 'finish' that I'm going for without making a bit mess. I also enjoy digital painting quite a bit. I certainly intend to do more of that in the future. And while this may be boring to some, I've also been dabbling a bit more with pure graphite drawings. The Rogue One set I recently did for Topps was all graphite portraits.

Is there a medium do you wish you could spend time on? (e.g. modelling, photography)

Acrylic paint. I did a lot of work with it early on in college, but I soon became frustrated with the drying times (I like to smear and blend the heck out of my paints). This is when I discovered oils and never looked back. In a way, I regret that, and I would love to some day focus on acrylic to really learn the medium and to find a way to get it to work for me.

Disney:
    How do you feel about the current trend of creating live action renditions of classic animated films?

I'm...somewhat disheartened by the whole thing. I mean, the ones they have released so far have been decent, but it's so unoriginal and almost reeks of desperation. I understand that their original live action flicks haven't been doing so well, so perhaps they see this as a solution? I'm not really sure, but to be quite honest, I can't really see this sustaining them either. Those nostalgia goggles can only last so long...

What are your thoughts on Jon Favreau working on The Lion King?

The Lion King was my favorite animated film of the time, so I'm hoping he does it justice. But again, it falls into that whole remake thing, so I'm a little hesitant about it as well. At the very least, I'm willing to give it a chance.

Star Wars:
    When the Sequel trilogy wraps, would you like to see a new trilogy or more stand alone films?

I'd love them to focus more on the stand alone films after the main story wraps. They have a lot of untapped potential there, especially after what we saw with Rogue One. The possibilities are pretty much endless with the stories they could tell.

Which story from the EU would you like to see adapted into film?

I would probably say the entirety of the NJO. I have some fond memories reading those novels.

Also, cannot wait to see more of your artworks :) :ahsoka:

Of course! I'll have to see about updating my thread in Fan Art – it's been a while! :)

14. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    New Interview coming up this week, somget your questions in for the amazing HS29!

15. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Hmmm, as always, I'm slightly late to the start of these interviews and, as always, Gamiel asked most of the questions that I would have asked. :p

But here we go.

- Do you prefer digital or more old school art?
    - What brought you to the boards? (Can't believe this wasn't asked before. Or I'm blind.)
    - What is your favourite piece of work in the Star Wars EU? (Both EU and NEU.)
    - Thus far, reports about the 3rd SW Anthology film have been vague: Boba Fett, Yoda... - Max Rebo band for all I know. What would you like to see in 2020 after the Han Solo movie?
    - Cats or dogs?

16. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Horus Heresy or Age of Sigmar?

H. P. Lovecraft or Clark Ashton Smith?

Weird Fantasy or Heroic Fantasy?

Pirates or Ninjas?

17. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Don't know if these have been asked, but....

What is your favorite Star Wars game and why?

What is your least favorite EU book and why? Least favorite New Canon book and why?

What is your favorite EU book and why? favorite New Canon book and why?

What is your favorite Star Wars comic series and why? (any canon, EU or new canon)

18. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Do you prefer digital or more old school art?

I still prefer the look and feel of a traditional piece of art, but I've gained a lot of respect for digital these past few years. I'm painting more and more in Photoshop now.

What brought you to the boards? (Can't believe this wasn't asked before. Or I'm blind.)

That's going back quite a bit...lol! It was in the time period between TPM and AOTC, so I'm assuming I was seeking out news and spoilers. This was the first site to pop up on a search. It sorta stuck. ;)

What is your favourite piece of work in the Star Wars EU? (Both EU and NEU.)

The Han Solo Trilogy by AC Crispin.

Thus far, reports about the 3rd SW Anthology film have been vague: Boba Fett, Yoda... - Max Rebo band for all I know. What would you like to see in 2020 after the Han Solo movie?

I wouldn't mind an Obi-Wan film, or maybe something that goes back thousands of years in the past to show the formation of the Jedi Order/Republic.

Cats or dogs?

Dogs [face_love]

Horus Heresy or Age of Sigmar?

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with either one.

H. P. Lovecraft or Clark Ashton Smith?

H.P. Lovecraft

Weird Fantasy or Heroic Fantasy?

Heroic Fantasy

Pirates or Ninjas?

Pirates!

What is your favorite Star Wars game and why?

Rebel Assault II. This game introduced me to the Star Wars universe and prompted me to seek out the films. Shadows of the Empire and the first Rogue Squadron are close seconds.

What is your least favorite EU book and why? Least favorite New Canon book and why?

From the EU, that would probably be Allegiance. To me, the book was too jam-packed with pet characters that could do no wrong (Mara Jade was particularly annoying in this one). It really took me out of the story. As for the new canon, I haven't had the chance to read too many of the novels yet, but out of the ones I did read, A New Dawn was a struggle to get through. I'm not sure if I just didn't find the characters engaging or if the story itself was boring, but it took me 4 attempts to finally read the whole thing through.

What is your favorite EU book and why? favorite New Canon book and why?

I know this is a series, but the Han Solo Trilogy wins out for the EU. It only seemed appropriate to keep all three lumped together. Han has always been my favorite character and I thought AC Crispin's stories really did a wonderful job fleshing out his backstory and explaining the man we finally meet in ANH. I will say, this is one reason why I'm hesitant about the Han Solo film coming out. I felt this series was perfect, and I would hate to see that go. In terms of the new canon, I would have to pick Bloodline. A great political thriller where Leia got a chance to shine. Plus, Ransolm Casterfo. ;)

What is your favorite Star Wars comic series and why? (any canon, EU or new canon)

Unfortunately, I haven't read too many comics. The only series that I followed was the new Star Wars one by Marvel, so I'll have to pick that one by default.

19. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Cool. I am casually following the Disney Canon, but my focus still remains on the EU. I plan to replay KOTOR tomorrow.

Amon_Amarth and HanSolo29 like this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    What comics are you planning to read to fix this mistake?

21. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    I recommend the KOTOR comics, the Legacy Comics,and Dawn of the Jedi.

A Blind Prophet and Gamiel like this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I agree on KotOR but think Tales of the Jedi and the X-Wing comics are better starts then Legacy Comics or Dawn of the Jedi (personally I have some real problem with DotJ but that's just me).

The comic versions of the Thrawn trilogy and Splinter of the Mind's Eye are also good if you ask me

23. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Yeah. I agree that TOTJ and X-WING are very good but are not my absolute faves.

24. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    Don't forget the Dark Jedi saga.

25. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    *pokes head in again* Oh? 29 is now up for questions you say?

*gaze slowly swivels to her* …. *smile begins to faintly splay across his face*

[face_devil] Give me just a moment to…ponder my questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.