main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Fantasy Flight Games and the Star Wars TCG

Discussion in 'Literature' started by The Loyal Imperial, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  2. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    TIE Punisher...?

Seems a bit...fanboyish. :p

3. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    We're getting K-Wings? I've hoping for that one but I feared they wouldn't for some reason or another. Oh HELL YES! *does happy dance*

5. King of Alsakan

King of Alsakan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2007
  6. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    Oh, man, that's really cool. This set probably has the most K-wing related art we've ever seen.

Also, amazing that we're getting a miniature of the Advanced TIE Bomber from Galactic Battlegrounds (though it used to be called the TIE Interdictor, not the TIE Punisher...)

EDIT: Should have flipped back a page so I wouldn't be so redundant. :p Still: really cool.

Iron_lord and King of Alsakan like this.
  7. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005
    Won't be interested until there's an Otana. [face_not_talking]

Nobody145, NCISliar and Gorefiend like this.
  8. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    YT-1300 > YT-2000 :p

9. The_Four_Dot_Elipsis

The_Four_Dot_Elipsis Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 3, 2005

Next you'll be telling me that the Andrasta is less cool than Slave I.

NCISliar and Gorefiend like this.
  10. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Don't be silly.

I like the Sabra because you can see the side of the ship outside the window. That's cool!

NCISliar likes this.
  11. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Iello, if I was your GM, I would make you fly a Firespray in an RPG which "Imps suck!" sprayed on the hull.

12. Gorefiend

Gorefiend Chosen One star 5

Oct 23, 2004
    Jello is more the ancient Yacht type, you know the kind of ship that was build 1000 years before the Clone Wars, has a class 5 hyperdrive and is only kept together by the very virtue that it is just worth enough as a betting token that one is able to make enough gambling winning to keep it in space.

13. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I know, but the discomfort at being in a fringer's ship with anti-imp graffiti is all I want.

14. NCISliar

NCISliar Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2013
    I have to admit that the YT-1300s from XWA are pretty cool, mainly for the fact that they aren't carbon copies of the Millennium Falcon.

Damn, that again makes me wish there had been a space trading simulation with all the options from X-Wing Alliance...

We could have actually seen the K-wing in action already had Star Wars: Battlefront shipped with all the planned content. :(

Too bad, they could have given the TIE Heavy Bomber an actual designation instead of inventing a new one for a ship that had one from the beginning...

15. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    It might be because my first encounter with the K-Wing was in Starships of the Galaxy Saga Edition rather than Cracken's Threat Dossier or Black Fleet Crisis - but I don't mind its looks. The book at least explains that it's a revised design, with turret added and cockpit altered.

Jedi Knight Fett and NCISliar like this.
  16. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    That would be singularly cruel, even for you. :p

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

17. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh my lord. A K-wing.

I have died.

Surely.

Sent from the World

Iron_lord likes this.
  18. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    And now that we have SLAM rules - maybe the way is open for a Missile Boat in future?

19. Darth_Garak

Darth_Garak Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    Only if they give it the appropriate rules because it's King Hell God Emperor Starfighter of Death (and the title needs to be bowed down to :p )

Iron_lord likes this.
  20. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    TIE Defenders were nerfed slightly - they're supposed to have 200% the shielding of an X-wing, and it's only 150%. Maybe other ships will be treated in a similar way.

21. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    NEW AGE OF REBELLION RELEASE AVAILABLE ON COOLSTUFF!! (then, after a second, realize...)

.... the card decks for the various classes. :oops:

Oh well. At least the MOUNTAINS OF MADNESS expansion came today. [face_dancing]

22. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    In TIE Fighter they had 400% of an X-wing's shields :p They were nerfed in XWA. As far as non-game mechanics, Stackpole described their shield strength as equivalent to an X-wing while the EGtVV said that they had advanced Novaldex projectors or something.

23. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Not in the TIE Fighter Strategy Guide. There it was 200%. I've been reading a "Let's Play" of TIE Fighter:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=18704752&postcount=42

and it's pointed out that, when you actually play, the shields are consistent with 100 SBD (compared to the X-wing's 50 SBD) - not 200.

24. GrandAdmiralJello

Nov 28, 2000
    Yes, you can observe that through the use of an advanced missile (which puts a T/D and a GUN's shields at 36%) -- but the craft library's statistics are meant to be informational, and are more of a statement than observational evidence.

25. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    If the "in-game abilities" are consistent in TIE Fighter and later games like X-wing vs TIE Fighter, X-Wing Alliance, Starships of the Galaxy Saga Edition, and so forth - maybe all this evidence put together overrides the library.

At least one EU book actually says that the shields are equal to those of an X-wing - in Starfighters of Adumar (page 279).