main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Force Friday" - Now Discussing 2017 - Possible Spoilers!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by LAJ_FETT , May 3, 2015.

1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    I don't think they'll end up doing to many of them. I think we'll see Rey's speeder for sure now, but other than that I haven't seen to many other vehicles. We'll get an X-Wing (can't have a tie without an x wing) but other than that, i think that'll be it.

I can't wait to get some Finn figures!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I was disappointed we didn't see any ep. VII figures or packaging from Hasbro. Man, they're keeping this thing locked up tighter than a prison.

3. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    I'm hoping it'll be at D-23. That's late august though. Kind of a weird time to show stuff off for early december!

4. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Very excited to hear all the news. Now the question begs...where do I go...Wal Mart or Toys R Us? I guess it depends who is giving the
    free hand outs or the best exclusives. Lets debate as its down to the wire my rebel friends.

5. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, D23 is so close to "Force Friday" that I thought surely they'd show TFA stuff at Comic Con. At this point we know the characters names, what they look like etc. Why the need for secrecy less than two months from the release of the toys?

whostheBossk, if all things are equal (driving distance and goodies/exclusives) the deciding factor may be experience vs. cost. You're sure to have a better time at the TRU event. Toys are what they do, and there should be a bit more enthusiasm for it all. On the flip side, Wal-Mart should likely save you a few bucks. It might not be much. Maybe a dollar on a figure, a few bucks on a ship, but it adds up.

6. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    So true on the atmosphere of TRU compared to
    Wal mart. As for the savings, most figures at 3.75 are
    going for $9.99 compared to $9.88 at Walmart. I will have to
    verify this but it didn't seem like a big savings. And it may
    not be the case with TFA as well. Im leaning toward TRU to
    start, then hit local Walmart after.

7. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    So whose planning on buying what? Any specific figures you really want? (Based on assumptions since obviously we have no idea what's coming out. Thanks Disney. Makes it REAL easy to plan. Not.)

8. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Hmmm, well, if the prices even out, then yeah, TRU is probably your best bet. It's probably where I'd go, but my closest one is now 20 minutes away vs. les than 5 for Wal-Mart.

Yeah, it's tough to make any plans when you don't really know what's coming out. By now we'd typically know what figures and ships would be in wave 1 and could plan accordingly.

For sure I want the 6" figures and I'll pick up the core character 3 3/4" figures (I'm going to steer clear of the "Weird Alien #7" type figures for now). And I definitely want Poe Dameron's X-Wing.

9. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Totally agree with being selective, especially on the aliens. I'm going for all 3.75" which is all i
    collect. So my plan of action is....get there early and grab all i can of the main characters. We should bring our
    own bag to put stuff in. Also fyi, i am not going to read back of cards to spoil the movie.

10. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Staying spoiler free, eh? Good for you. I'm sort of past the point of no return unfortunately. I stopped posting on the Ep. VII board months ago, but I still check out a few websites, have seen credible plot details etc. But I'm guessing if the figures follow suit with how close to the chest they've kept the plot details thus far, the blurb on the cardbacks will be as vague as possible ;).

11. Gamma626

May 6, 2014
    "Finn is a man, who at one point wears Stormtrooper armor."

"Rey is a girl who meets Finn."

"Poe is in this film."

Lol! :D

Juke Skywalker likes this.
  12. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Ha, yes so much detail we know Not sure why I even look online and see collectors saying the
    3.75" won't be released anymore. Just because we don't have any spoiler details, Hasbro would never do that. I can see they are
    pushing 6" more, but they would never stop making their bread & butter.

13. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Pffft, yeah, I can't see that happening. For one thing, they're trying to hook kids, and the 3 3/4" line--especially the lower price point line--is their gateway. My guess is Hasbro's TFA 3 3/4" line will be the 5-points of articulation, $6-7 dollar figures. My big question is; how big will the line be? Will they just concentrate on the core characters, keep the waves modest? Or will they go all-out the way they did with the PT? Also, vehicles? Sure. Hey, they've already got a Millennium Falcon mold. And they only need tweak the Tie and X-Wing molds to make them TFA accurate. Playsets? Kinda doubt it. Hasbro hasn't seemed very interested in doing them. I know AOTC got the Geonosis arena, and ROTS got the Mustafar lava deal. We may get one here, but I'm not counting on it.

14. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Errr they showed off the new Ep 7 Tie Fighter dude and his 6" scale Tie Fighter.

15. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I recall reading somewhere...I think it was at Toyfair that they have Ep 7 playsets and big ship playsets planned.

We've seen nothing - but my gut tells me Hasbro is going all in for this film and is praying the giant gamble will pay off.

16. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    I would like to see them do big ships and playsets for Ep. VII. Not so much because I'm interested (that depends on several factors), but because they were such a big part of my Star Wars experience growing up that it would be a shame if kids today missed out.

The giagantor Tie Fighter certainly would indicate they're going to go all out.

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'd consider getting Rey on that speeder - both 3 3/4" and 6" because it's a nice echo of Leia.

18. StarWarsFreak93

StarWarsFreak93 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2015
    I'll be getting a lot of stuff. Going to my local Walmart, since it's only 5 minutes away from my house. I plan to pick up he novels (most of the Journey to... books), some clothing, especially a Kylo Ren shirt, and of course figures, especially the big ones like Kylo, Rey, Finn, Poe, etc. And will pick up some of the other figures for the SW Disney infinity game, Obi-Wan and Yoda. Getting the saga bundle off Amazon, but will save some of the figures for pickup on Force Friday. I plan to be bringing home a good amount of stuff.

whostheBossk likes this.
  19. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well this is an interesting article - apparently a chain called Meijers put up some tags on their shelves that revealed prices and names of some ep 7 stuff that's coming - including a huge playset and new Falcon!

Price alert - you're going to need a fat wallet...

20. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    Meijers is a big chain store here in the Midwest. They pretty much pioneered the whole "grocery and department store under one roof" concept, before Wal-Mart took and ran with it. I don't live far from where they started out (Grand Rapids, Michigan), so I have fond memories of Meijers, especially when it comes to vintage Kenner SW.

I guess it looks like they're one of the many retailers planning for TFA, but this one is probably jumping the gun a bit.

21. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Sounds like jumping the gun indeed. No info on what the names were?..oh wait that is the spoiler board and i don't want to know. Expand on your vintage memories DantheJedi if you could. I remember Meijer (no 's lol) having plenty of POTF2. I do remember my mom buying from there many figures and that Darth Vader Death Star figure which i still have. It goes for $0 on Ebay lol.

22. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, we have Meijer in Ohio as well. It's nice to have them as another option, and TBH they've been much better than Wal-Mart at putting out new product these last few years. They didn't move to my area until the early 90s or so, but the one closest to me has since moved to a new, larger location. I've had some SW finds there over the years, particularly during the OTC/VOTC and PT era, but my main memories of them come from my days collecting the LOTR line ('01-'03).

That Falcon running $140. BMF maybe??? And it looks like the 3 3/4" figures will run $7.99. Sure beats $12.99, but it makes me wonder, will they be closer to the 5-POA figures than the Black Series ones?

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    I'm doubting Black Series figures will be $7.99. That's got to be for the less articulated figures.

24. DantheJedi

DantheJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2009
    I remember getting a few Kenner SW figures at Meijer, particularly Chewbacca, there. I forgot what other Kenner SW I might've gotten there, but I do remember seeing a Lobot on the pegs there, probably the only time I ever saw him on store shelves, and I didn't even get him! I faintly remember seeing the Imperial AT-AT Walker there, around or shortly after the release of ESB (You gotta understand, I was really little when ESB was released, like three years old, so I probably don't have the sharpest memories about this time. Most of my SW memories are from when ROTJ was released, when I was six).

Basically, Meijer was a toy heaven for kids in Michigan (before they expanded throughout the Midwest) who usually only had to rely on local dime stores for toys.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. Juke Skywalker

Mar 27, 2004
    Yeah, I've suspected that the EP. VII line will be closer to the 5POA stuff, which is fine, as it'll keep the price point lower and keep them more accessible to kids.

whostheBossk likes this.