main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    You're still a virgin

2. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    So Bran basically just downloaded the entire series plus the bonus features...

3. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Also, given that Sam and Gilly are just so gosh-darn adorable, how long will it be before one or both are killed off to generate maximum feels?

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I can't stand simpering Sam, so the sooner the better. Gilly and little Sam are acceptable collateral damage.

Padme501st and epic like this.
  5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I cba with em either but I figure Sam has some role to play in the end game seeing he's the only real scholar that's a main character. Gilly and the baby could go tho

6. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    I'm sick to death of Kaleesi making grand speeches about going to war , get on with it luv !

and these ice-zombies - c'mon lads , let's see you at it , let's get going guys , we need an actual war or at least a big battle .

edit - I like to think Marjorie is up to something clever and will stitch-up Sparrow somehow in an oh-so-innocent way .

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Well, considering they literally just had her say -- OUT LOUD -- that it was all an act prior, you go ahead and believe what you want?

Having said that... this episode was narratively and tonally giving me whiplash re: Margaery. When last we met, she was very, very anti-Sparrow and the Seven, even while playing along to get along. That was literally the last we saw of her, so to see this was a little jarring. Only because they were playing it straight -- she doesn't appear to have any artifice here.

Also, Cleganebowl 2016 confirmed!!!

IamZam and Darthmaul208 like this.
  8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  9. Darthmaul208

Darthmaul208 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 29, 2013
    What could that possibilily be?

I guess it's from a video, anyone have a source for uh "research purposes."

10. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Hoping so very much.

Iron_lord likes this.
  11. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I really hate the High Sparrow character, I hope he dies a slow horrible death.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    That torrent he used had all the episodes out of order.

13. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Knowing how George RR Martin likes to take inspiration from history, I'd wager that he and Tommen are going to have one hell of a falling out.

Behold: The assassination of Thomas Becket, archbishop of Canterbury, presumably under the order of King Henry II.
    [​IMG]

"...The wicked knight leapt suddenly upon him, cutting off the top of the crown which the unction of sacred chrism had dedicated to God. Next he received a second blow on the head, but still he stood firm and immovable. At the third blow he fell on his knees and elbows, offering himself a living sacrifice, and saying in a low voice, "For the name of Jesus and the protection of the Church, I am ready to embrace death." But the third knight inflicted a terrible wound as he lay prostrate. By this stroke, the crown of his head was separated from the head in such a way that the blood white with the brain, and the brain no less red from the blood, dyed the floor of the cathedral. The same clerk who had entered with the knights placed his foot on the neck of the holy priest and precious martyr, and, horrible to relate, scattered the brains and blood about the pavements, crying to the others, 'Let us away, knights; this fellow will arise no more'." - Edward Grim, Canterbury monk and eyewitness.

So they cut off the top of his head, and one of them decided to shake the brain out of his skull by shaking the body with his foot.
    I

laurethiel1138 and Jedi Daniel like this.
  14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
  15. Mother of Dragons

Mother of Dragons Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    I'm concerned about Dany. I'm afraid she's going mad. The inclusion of her father's death in Bran's flashback just makes me think that we're seeing some Major Foreshadowing. She's still my bae for now though.

RE: Margaery, I think she's playing the High Sparrow. She's a great actress. Really the only person to ever see through her is Cersei, and now she's outplayed Cersei as well. She's got Tommen where she wants him (but honestly, was that hard to do?) She knows what she's doing. Look at what she told Loras like, 2 episodes ago. Margaery will be fine. Margaery is #goals.

Please, please, please let Brienne kill Littlefinger soon, though. That's all I ask.

16. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    I thought it was a great episode, moving on a number of plots and also some nice character moments.

I thought the scene between Cersei and Jamie was quite sweet...putting the whole incest thing aside.

Apart from showing why Sam is a bit a ****, the whole point of that plot must be for him to get the sword and maybe give it to Jon?

Tommen is such weak minded little ****, the opposite of Margaery. Even after he's allowed the High Sparrow to publicly announce the alliance between the faith and the crown (and letting the old bastard stand alongside him, rather than slightly behind) Jamie still nearly persuaded him to **** off the faith in about a minute.

Margaery is faking it to get back to where she belongs.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  17. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    There's some fan theories that explore your concerns about Dany, which wouldn't be out of the questions as many of the characters are thought of one way, but then with some more story telling and reveals, the perception of the character changes, such as Cersei. There was a time when she was considered the big bad villain, and now people are rooting for her in her fight with the high sparrow.

I think Marge is playing the High Sparrow. I think after seeing her brother she knew what to do next and that's to do whatever it takes to get her out of the cell and put the queen back on the chess board. Now that she'll be on the chess board, she'll be thinking two moves ahead.

I don't want Littlefinger to die, at least not yet. I like villains like him as he's not the mustache twirler as Ramsay is. He's the subtle villain and somewhat of the mirror version of Tyrion. Words and knowledge are his weapons, and I like to see him go to work.

18. Mother of Dragons

Mother of Dragons Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015

But....he's gross. LOL

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  19. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Fo sho! I got all kinds of creepy vibes from the guy, especially when he touched lips with Sansa. If Littlefinger is to die, I hope it's by the hands of Sansa or Ayra.

Speaking of Ayra, I'm so looking forward to her showdown with Waif. Although, the Waif does have the advantage of being more skilled at hand-to-hand combat. So, I want Ayra to good all Punisher like on Waif like she did with that child molester.

I'm hoping the next episode goes more into the Mad King, as it was teased in Bran's downloading segment, but probably not as I feel it's only being teased like the Tower of Joy.

20. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Rohirrim music makes everything epic

Jedi Merkurian , TX-20, Ghost and 2 others like this.
  21. IamZam

IamZam Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 19, 2002
    Dany does seem to be turning into her father with her fire love and her dragons. Given what they showed of her father, I wouldn't be surprised to see her burn down more people and places.

I find it curious that they referred to Rickon as wild brother instead of just brother, I think there is something up, given Smalljon's refusal to kneel. .

I haven't wanted a character to die as much as I do Ramsey , since Joffrey was killed the Purple Wedding, preferably either battle of the bastards or ripped apart by Direwolves. Personally I would like to see the Starks (save Bran) reunite and take down some of their enemies. I can't wait to see where Arya's path goes now that she's on the hit list of the Faceless Men. I wonder if she stole any faces, could make for an interesting game of cat and mouse (or Wolf and prey)

Has anybody else heard that Clegane Bowl is ? I hope so.

22. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    I'd also like to say that Aerys didn't really look the part of a "Mad King". I was expecting the long white, unkempt beard and wicked long fingernails.

He looked more like Vigo the Carpathian.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Is it wrong that as a villain I cheer Littlefinger? Of course not he's awesome. Need more.

Darthmaul208 likes this.
  24. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Well, there was the "Mad King" in her lineage. Not out of the realm of possibility.

25. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I do think they are potentially setting-up Jorah to eventually be that brake on her, if it comes to it.

BigAl6ft6, Ghost and ShaneP like this.