main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Game Of Thrones (uh i guess it's done now? Edit: No!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by VadersLaMent, Apr 17, 2011.

1. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    He'll go by sea and it really wouldn't take that long, and he only needs a single ship, and the NW have those (they used one to send Sam to Oldtown).

2. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    They totally stopped conforming to any sort of time-distance limits on this show... many seasons ago. Everyone's just teleporting right now.

Darth Punk and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  3. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    I can forgive a show about dragons and magic not having completely accurate travelling distance times if it means it doesn't take jon 4 episodes to reach dany to progress the storyline

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    One thing they should have slowed down, and had at least one scene is Dany's crossing. They showed her leaving, and then arriving at Draginstone and I don't think anything in between. It was supposed to be a big deal about the dothraki crossing the sea, and I'd have liked something on that.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  5. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    people talking about teleporting and magic 3d printers for eurons fleet do people really want 4 episodes of an army marching to a destination or riding on horseback/chopping down trees **** me out of anything to nit pick this would have to be the most stupid

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007

Jon mentions to Davos that they would ride to White Harbor and hire a ship to take them to Dragonstone. White Harbor is pretty much the major port in the North, so that makes perfect sense.

VadersLaMent likes this.
  7. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    To me it's like complaining about The Return of the King film not showing the Rohirrim's march to Minas Tirith. It doesn't matter how they got there or how long, just that they're there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    If there's one thing the LotR trilogy doesn't need is more walking scenes. :) Maybe GoT needs some sunrise/sunsets scenes to show the passing of time or a black screen saying Three Weeks Later...

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  9. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    The thing is, the show has never given any impression that the events are happening even remotely close to real time.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  10. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008

[​IMG]

11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    ok - can I clarify something - does Greyworm have a penis ?

are his bits and pieces working ?

12. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Pretty sure he's like an Action Man down there. That's why the Unsullied back in season 4 or 5 who got killed whilst with a prostitute was just getting hugged.

13. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Boy, you people are really paying close attention, eh?

14. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013

15. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Here's a new theory: Ceresi gives Elaria and the remaining Sand Snake Trial by Combat, and Ceresi's champion is The Mountain Zombie.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Why? Just kill her daughter in front of her like Myrcella and call it a day...

17. bizzbizz

bizzbizz Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2015
    i reckon cersei will kill the sand snake like how ellaria killed myrcella either that or make ellaria watch the mountain have his fun

18. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    I reckon we'll see what the Mountain did to the Septa and it'll cut, inferring that's what's going to happen to them. I'm hoping they've toned down on outright showing violence against women.

19. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    That, or she gives them both to Qyburn...

20. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    the anti-dragon superweapon was a bit of disappointment. I thought it was going to be some kind of catapult for launching MountainZombie at the dragon. He'd latch on and then rip the dragon's throat out with his teeth.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    703 spoilers including title and description

The Queen's Justice
    Daenerys holds court; Cersei returns a gift; Jaime learns from his mistakes.
    Concerning Dany, I'm defintiely looking forward to the scene(s) with Jon. Not really sure how it's going to go, but I assume it will go well.
    Concerning Cersei, it sounds like she's not happy with the gift and probably rejects Euron. Not sure how he's going to take that. Maybe he'll take King's Landing.
    What does Jaime learn? Hopefully not to lose anymore hands. :)

22. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    It might go well, however Tyrion forgot to tell Jon he had to take the knee.

[​IMG]

http://io9.gizmodo.com/tyrion-lannisters-letter-to-jon-snow-omitted-a-crucial-1797299972

Now, that's either a production mistake, or it's going to be significant.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  23. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    i'm a little late to this, but i only saw the episode last night. anyway, i actually go the other way on this, or at least i think it's very possible that it was a tactical retreat. as someone mentioned, theon was fighting just fine until the confrontation with euron. at that moment though, he looks around and sees that the battle is lost and that saving yara is hopeless. yes, it was an opportunity for him to die an "honorable" death and be done with his miserable life. but i think theon already sees himself as a character without honor, and as such, though he is still anguished by it, he is free to make not the honorable choice but the choice that allows him to fight another day and possibly even rescue his sister. that's my (probably overly optimistic) take anyway.

24. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

... but he had the "Reek look" on his face, and his hands were shaking. :p

25. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Maybe someone can help me, I have some wonky thinking.

If Theon had charged Euron, I assume Euron would have slit Yara's throat. Why would Theon hoping overboard stop Euron from doing this?