main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Harrison Ford (Han Solo) in TFA

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth Chiznuk , Mar 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deneuves

deneuves Jedi Knight star 4

Apr 19, 2015
    Seriously, are they going to put Harrison Ford on the press junket for this movie? If he pull that off enthusiastically then he deserves an honorary Oscar. Even The Avengers dudes are totally screwing it up right now.

Saurion-Fett likes this.
  2. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

Good point, but not always the case. Mark Hamill, Clive Barker, Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell were absolute gentlemen and Campbell is hilarious.

3. Roger Goldleader

Roger Goldleader Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 1, 2000
    "Marry you? Your dad tortured me and didn't even ask me any questions, then he froze me in carbonite so I could be shipped off to Jabba. If you think I'm marrying into your family, you're crazy sister."

4. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Not a clue. I just know the story, as it has been relayed to me several times, included Harrison being helicoptered in, acting grumpy, and them subsequently changing filming locations based on his preferences.

*EDIT* Here is the abridged version of what happened from the horse's mouth...can't figure out how to upload screenshots of a text from my computer so here's a transcript (tagged as "spoilers" for language, even though it is redacted):

Me: What's the deal with your buddy Harrison Ford not wanting to shoot at the farm? Came up in a discussion about him being an ***hole...

Friend: He's a ****. It's the truth.

Me: LMAO. What did he do? Get off the helicopter, shake his head, and get back on?

Friend: He had lunch with Tom Clancy, the author, who was also a world class dbag, the day before. Clancy lived next door and Ford wanted to get away from him.

5. Phd80

Phd80 Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2015
    Hi everyone,

I have posted this elsewhere and in this forum and was just interested in what others thought on this idea. I've been a Star Wars fan since A New Hope came out. Anyway, regarding Han's role in the new trilogy. I have seen all the rumors that he may not make it out of Force Awakens for various reasons, though I really hope that isn't true. I just think it would hinder the movie (Disneys first one with Lucasfilm). To me, I think it is important to keep the OT characters alive somewhere.

Anyway, what if JJ and company simply have Han bring in the new characters and simply walk off. If Ford does not want to be in anymore, have Han simply toss the Falcon keys to Poe, or whoever, say his peace, and walk off into retirement, (or work things out with Leia, etc.); in other words, save Han just write him out. The character lives on and would be available for a possible cameo later in 8 and/or 9. Same thing goes for the other OT characters. Just my thought. I hope JJ and company at least consider this if Han, Luke, Leia, etc. are only in episode 7. Just an idea. ​

6. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

[face_laugh] LOL. Never say never always back fires. :D

7. iluvkoalas

iluvkoalas Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 6, 2015
    Thank you.:)

8. Danfromumbrella

Danfromumbrella Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 20, 2014
    I much rather Han die. I understand people not wanting to lose an OT character but giving the new series an emotional depth to it and an iconic moment wouldn't be a bad thing.

9. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015
    Anyway, so regarding Harrison Ford and not Han Solo...I love Harrison Ford as an actor. I love his voice. He would've done some good voiceovers. He's actually very funny in some interviews and has loosened up quite a bit over the years.

However, and this is a BIG however, when I saw him pierce Jimmy Kimmel's ears on Kimmel's show, that was just WEIRD. Harrison might be able to do that to someone, but I don't think that he should be doing that. Ear piercing license anyone? Doctor's license anyone?

10. acroyear7

acroyear7 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 11, 2006
    I would also be nervous about meeting Harrison Ford out of fear it might not be the best experience thus sullying what I felt about one of my idols. Same goes for George Lucas. I'd just would want to fall at his feet. The guy essentially made my childhood. Some of the videos I've seen of George before fans was that he was either indifferent or ill-at-ease. I'd rather avoid meeting my idols.

Which reminds me of an incident when one of my very favorite bands came to town and was playing at a venue 2 blocks from my apartment. I got to talk to the band before and after the show, since it was an intimate performance. One of the two core band members was totally indifferent and bored when I was complementing him on the show. He wouldn't even look me in the eye. In fact, he was almost argumentative. I was really hurt. Sure, everyone is human and can have a bad day, but the guy was a total jerk. I felt like I wanted to throw out all their albums and not listen to them again. I gradually overcame the experience, but I'd rather have not met him since it really affected how I felt about him and the band for quite awhile.

starocean90 and Dak Oolron like this.
  11. darthmomm

darthmomm Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2001
    Harrison also has social anxiety, I watched him on "Inside The Actors Studio" and he looked terrified.

Social anxiety can really change a person and just because someone is a celebrity/performer does not mean they can't suffer from this.

Honestly, not sure if I could handle the fact you can not go to the grocery store without a fan approaching you.

12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    My mom always said performers used to always take something before they went on to ease their anxiety. Whether or not this is the case with Harrison and others, who knows?

I cannot judge and it's unfortunate folks met him under bad circumstances.

Me, I'd rather meet Han. :D

iluvkoalas likes this.
  13. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    I performed for years, did not take a thing I just suffered through the performance anxiety

Harrison is fine acting in films it is the people anxiety he has when on press junkets and stuff like that. I feel sorry for the guy as he is an introvert at heart.

Does not mean he should have chosen a different profession- he loves acting just not the constant attention.

starocean90 and iluvkoalas like this.
  14. iluvkoalas

Mar 6, 2015
    Still do.

darthmomm likes this.
  15. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Good job Darthmomm and well said.

No need for resorting to drugs I am sure anyone\everyone would have some nervous tension \ butterflies before going onto a big stage.

Same with athletes before the game, until they get into their "zone" on the field and relax.

I am sure they same with performers until they get into their "zone" and relax.

There are also persons who love the spotlight and it doesn't bother them at all.

I could understand being in front of the media\reporters would give anyone apprehension also.

Reporters are like Politicians "they can't be trusted". Obi-Wan is so wise.

darthmomm likes this.
  16. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012

I've tried acting too and the only way I can is heavily making myself up into something else so I do not recognize myself, otherwise hello social anxiety.

Not saying everyone takes something (as I'm sure many do not), just throwing that out there.

darthmomm likes this.
  17. darthmomm

Jul 16, 2001
    I am a musician , did very little acting as I am not good at it....lol

Had some hairy moments as a vocalist though

Yes- zonegasm is a beautiful thing- hope to hit it this summer

Master_Lok likes this.
  18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I know I'd be uncomfortable with fame. I was unaware of Harrison's social anxiety. A friend of mine suffers from it, so I am aware of the effect it can have.

19. ThinWhiteDuke

ThinWhiteDuke Jedi Master star 1

Nov 5, 2005
    Very well said.

iluvkoalas likes this.
  20. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The point of killing Han is that it gives the audience a sense that if this character can be killed off then everyone else is also in danger. Its a pretty simple concept and I wouldn't be surprised if we lose one of Finn, Rey or Poe early in Ep IX to hammer this into the audience.

21. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    If you watch Harrison's interviews you can always see him nervously stroking his chair.

darthmomm likes this.
  22. HellasLEAF-Jedi

HellasLEAF-Jedi Jedi Master star 2

Apr 25, 2009
    Harrison comes off as aloof and arrogant in most of the interviews I have seen. And doesn't ever really want to talk Star Wars which I get, as he has become a global mega star. I'm just glad he agreed to be in this and look forward to him piloting the Falcon once again.

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yup! It's either the arms of the chair or his pant legs. It's really uncomfortable watching him do that sometimes.

I think part of the problem is his nervousness creates that perception during interviews. It's really hard to get an answer out of him and when he does open up, he tends to mumble or stutter or do the aforementioned arm chair rub or whatever it is he does to calm his nerves. That can certainly come across as him being aloof or uninterested in whatever it is that he is currently promoting. I really don't think it's intentional, especially after reading some interviews with people who have been close to him over the years and how they say he's such a joy to be around and that he really tends to open up and have a good time when not in the limelight.

24. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I hope Han Solo survives TFA.

25. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Do you guys think Harrison Ford respect Star Wars more now?

Unlike Carrie Fisher, and Mark Hamill he is the least welcoming, it seems, but recently have his demeanor changed for the better?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.